DJ Moore, WR, Carolina: Worried about Robby Anderson?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: With Anderson in CAR are we worried about DJM?

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:13 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:07 pm Even with Joe Brady as the OC, I think the Panthers entire offense is downgraded some. Bridgewater has the lowest aDOT since coming into the league.
You really think that he's a downgrade over Kyle Allen, just because he had a lower ADOT? I don't. I don't think it's a massive upgrade, but I think the Bridgewater/Brady combo over the former system and Allen is at worse a push.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:48 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:32 pm Anderson will command 80-100 targets. CMC is a TD monster. I’ve always been worried about DJM’s TD production- that’s about it. I also hate predicting TDs for the most part, but DJM screams a younger, more explosive, although not as refined/polished (yet) KA to me.
Cam Newton always stole a good chunk of red zone TDs for himself in the past. I gotta think that there will be more TDs to go around now.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:56 pm

based off of the love for DJ Moore this offseason a mack truck couldn't stop him. He is a God.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:03 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:56 pm based off of the love for DJ Moore this offseason a mack truck couldn't stop him. He is a God.
He put up over 1100 yards and almost 90 catches in basically 14 games at the age 22, all with a back up QB throwing to him. This after being first round pick with an incredible analytical profile, so it's not surprising people are high on him.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:12 pm

No concern with Moore.

But Samuel is toast
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:50 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:03 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:56 pm based off of the love for DJ Moore this offseason a mack truck couldn't stop him. He is a God.
He put up over 1100 yards and almost 90 catches in basically 14 games at the age 22, all with a back up QB throwing to him. This after being first round pick with an incredible analytical profile, so it's not surprising people are high on him.
Exactly. The only real knock on Moore right now is his lack of TDS but you have to believe that will correct itself, at least somewhat, because that can be kinda fluky.

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sfoster2625 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:10 am

I don’t think it’ll hurt djm at all. Like others have said it’ll probably help clear out some space for him. As a panthers fan I’m hoping they’ll start using Samuel as more of a gadget player like the 49ers use deebo. He did play rb at Ohio state. I don’t see how anyone could see this offense taking a step back after the qb play from last year. Plus the defense is gonna be awful so they’re gonna be throwing a lot
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:28 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:50 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:03 pm
Exactly. The only real knock on Moore right now is his lack of TDS but you have to believe that will correct itself, at least somewhat, because that can be kinda fluky.
I'm not saying it's not a good player with huge upside. He is. I just find the amount if hype to be too much. I think he will have a good career, maybe great career but I've seen people saying it would take 3 1sts to get him. Please.

He checks all the boxes but he also has a new coaching staff and a new QB. We've seen one hit wonders before. If he improves this year then I'll be ready to anoint him king

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:40 am

Anderson has been crazy overrated this offseason to me. He's talented, but no idea why he's been mentioned as an even remotely premier free agent.

That said, probably hurts Moore a tad. It's weird because I like all of Teddy/CMC/Moore/Anderson, but I have some reservations about the offense and fantasy production (outside of CMC).

j2cain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby j2cain » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:05 am

Nah...I think this allows DJ/Sam/CMC to do their thing, while Robbie can take the top off

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:13 am

I dont get why people think what Godwin or JuJu did is somehow more impressive than what DJ Moore did.. They did it while playing across from elite WRs in offenses that were top 3 in their season for pass attempts, JuJu with a HoF QB, and Godwin with Winston, and for all of Winston's faults, he puts up fantasy production. DJ Moore did all of his work with Cam Newton/Kyle Allen/Will Grier and no other WRs (yes there is CMC but its not quite the same, plus JuJu had LeVeon Bell)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:51 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:13 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:07 pm Even with Joe Brady as the OC, I think the Panthers entire offense is downgraded some. Bridgewater has the lowest aDOT since coming into the league.
You really think that he's a downgrade over Kyle Allen, just because he had a lower ADOT? I don't. I don't think it's a massive upgrade, but I think the Bridgewater/Brady combo over the former system and Allen is at worse a push.
In real life? No, I think Bridgewater is easily an upgrade. But, for fantasy purposes, I think Bridgewater is not a QB who is going to take a lot of shots downfield and he's mostly going to manage the game. I've always hated Bridgewater for fantasy though. I think CMC is really the only one that will be fine, though you could make the case that after two 100+ reception seasons, he's at peak value. Everyone else I think slips some.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:57 am

If anything, if think Robby takes the deep work away from Samuel. That lets Samuel play more underneath which I think he is much better at. In turn, maybe that takes away some work for DJM? Tough to say, and I highly doubt this offense is capable of supporting CMC, DJM plus another for fantasy purposes

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:18 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:13 am I dont get why people think what Godwin or JuJu did is somehow more impressive than what DJ Moore did.. They did it while playing across from elite WRs in offenses that were top 3 in their season for pass attempts, JuJu with a HoF QB, and Godwin with Winston, and for all of Winston's faults, he puts up fantasy production. DJ Moore did all of his work with Cam Newton/Kyle Allen/Will Grier and no other WRs (yes there is CMC but its not quite the same, plus JuJu had LeVeon Bell)
Agreed, except Juju had Conner the year he really went off.

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:16 pm

I think this is a push for DJM. I also think it might help Samuel. He was badly miscast as a deep threat last year. He isn't very good at ball tracking or at contested catches. He is potentially much better suited as a gadget player/space player. Brady's offense should be creative and he definitely has the players to make it work, with the possible exception of QB. History seems to suggest that it's easier to get an aggressive thrower to be more careful - bar Jameis - than it is to get a conservative passer to open it up. There's no better green light than a crappy D though and Teddy will have that. Playing safety first for the Vikings and Saints is one thing, if he's still checking down when the Panthers are three scores down, this is going to be a short-lived experiment. If he's happy to cut it loose, this team could be fun both in real life and for ff.