DJ Moore, WR, Carolina: Worried about Robby Anderson?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
vix_trader
Rookie
Rookie

Re: DJ Moore

Postby vix_trader » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:09 am

I think if Moore keeps this up and finishes with numbers similar to what you've posted his value will rise. People need the off season to see his full season numbers next to others to understand the context. Also when the redraft analysts have him as a top 12 option in drafts next year it will be impossible not to notice.
12 Team Standard Scoring.
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, TE, D/ST, K.

QB: L. Jackson, Winston

RB: N. Chubb, J. Jacobs, CEH, Deandre Swift,

WR: Tyreek Hill, D.J.Moore, D.J. Chark, Elijah Moore, Devonta Smith, Hollywood

TE: T.J. Hockenson, Pitts, Dan Arnold

2022 Rookie Draft - 1, 1, 1, 4

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:16 am

Pretty funny, someone on twitter over the weekend made a compilation of a bunch of missed/poorly throw balls to Samuel...shame because both guys could be having big years...instead Moore is.
Last edited by Servo on Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:27 am

There have been a bunch of missed/poorly thrown balls to Moore, too...including at least two in the end zone.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:28 am

Hard to imagine DJ Moore having an even better year... Dude is killing it.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:38 am

hoos89 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:27 am There have been a bunch of missed/poorly thrown balls to Moore, too...including at least two in the end zone.
And that hospital ball on that failed 2 point conversion this last week that almost got Moore's arm broken.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:11 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:38 am
hoos89 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:27 am There have been a bunch of missed/poorly thrown balls to Moore, too...including at least two in the end zone.
And that hospital ball on that failed 2 point conversion this last week that almost got Moore's arm broken.
Yep. I'm sure you could do cut ups of a lot of players who actually produce a lot and show how they could be doing even better. I know Ryan misses Julio, and he still puts up insane numbers. Not saying Samuel isn't a decent player, but it's the same thing with someone like Corey Davis. Show me some cut ups of him being open doesn't make his a better player. DJ Moore is clearly the top dog in Carolina, and I don't know why anyone thought differently going into the year. Samuel is an important part of that offense, however. I just think the idea he was going to be the top receiver was a bit misguided.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:40 pm

Samuel is almost a WR2 in Standard, WR3 in PPR....I don't think many were "touting" Samuel as the true alpha but it wasn't farfetched to believe that he could have had a better season than where he currently is.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:32 pm

Servo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:40 pm Samuel is almost a WR2 in Standard, WR3 in PPR....I don't think many were "touting" Samuel as the true alpha but it wasn't farfetched to believe that he could have had a better season than where he currently is.
Many (including high profile people on Twitter and podcasts) were touting Samuel as the 1A all off season, whom could be had 4 rounds later than Moore. I heard and read it nearly everywhere.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:41 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:32 pm
Servo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:40 pm Samuel is almost a WR2 in Standard, WR3 in PPR....I don't think many were "touting" Samuel as the true alpha but it wasn't farfetched to believe that he could have had a better season than where he currently is.
Many (including high profile people on Twitter and podcasts) were touting Samuel as the 1A all off season, whom could be had 4 rounds later than Moore. I heard and read it nearly everywhere.
I also vividly remember this.

Film guys did not like Moore's route running, and ability to beat press coverage. But Moore was just such a great talent from an analytical perspective all of that criticism was a bit silly.

This is exactly why N'keal Harry is a buy in fantasy... his detractors are spouting the same criticisms despite his elite analytical profile.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Samuel was maybe the most hyped guy of the offseason, especially during training camp, in the league. Outside of the immortal Darrell Henderson of course.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:37 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:26 pm Samuel was maybe the most hyped guy of the offseason, especially during training camp, in the league. Outside of the immortal Darrell Henderson of course.
Godwin had a ton too, but it almost seems like there wasn't enough for him

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:19 pm

I think the thing with Moore / Samuel and the missed opportunities / throws is how they are both utilized. Similar to the Evans / Godwin roles in Tampa (although they don't line up similarly), Moore wins on short / intermediate routes mostly over the middle of the field, while Samuel continues to beat defenders over the top.

Kyle Allen, and nearly every single NFL QB (starting or backup) can hit a high percentage of throws within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage. But there's only about a dozen NFL QBs that can be consistently accurate down the field.

So Moore's game & production aren't really affected by the poor QB play that Carolina has been handcuffed with. Meanwhile, Samuel's game & production have been negatively affected by the poor QB play.

That's not to say Moore can't continue his success if / when Carolina finds their next franchise QB - I think he's a phenomenal player that displays short-area burst and tremendous YAC ability that should translate regardless of his QB and offensive system.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:18 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:19 pm I think the thing with Moore / Samuel and the missed opportunities / throws is how they are both utilized. Similar to the Evans / Godwin roles in Tampa (although they don't line up similarly), Moore wins on short / intermediate routes mostly over the middle of the field, while Samuel continues to beat defenders over the top.

Kyle Allen, and nearly every single NFL QB (starting or backup) can hit a high percentage of throws within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage. But there's only about a dozen NFL QBs that can be consistently accurate down the field.

So Moore's game & production aren't really affected by the poor QB play that Carolina has been handcuffed with. Meanwhile, Samuel's game & production have been negatively affected by the poor QB play.

That's not to say Moore can't continue his success if / when Carolina finds their next franchise QB - I think he's a phenomenal player that displays short-area burst and tremendous YAC ability that should translate regardless of his QB and offensive system.
Yea I haven’t paid much attention to Moore, but if anything this season has taught me, it’s that Samuel is a legitimate player. His beaten-man:accurate target ratio is off the charts high this year.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:46 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:19 pm I think the thing with Moore / Samuel and the missed opportunities / throws is how they are both utilized. Similar to the Evans / Godwin roles in Tampa (although they don't line up similarly), Moore wins on short / intermediate routes mostly over the middle of the field, while Samuel continues to beat defenders over the top.

That, and the fact DJ Moore is a better all round player. Moore got over the top this weekend for a long TD, too. I like Samuel, he's a decent WR, runs some nice routes, and can make some splash plays, but I never understood why people thought he was going to outproduce DJ Moore this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:13 am

The TD regression is real!
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1