DJ Moore, WR, Carolina: Worried about Robby Anderson?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: DJ Moore or the rookies?

Postby moishetreats » Mon May 06, 2019 8:24 pm

IMO, Moore is worth more than any player in the draft.

It's possible, though, that you could trade 1.01 and get a better player than Moore in return. Even with that qualifier, there is no rookie in the draft that I would take ahead of Moore.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 06, 2019 9:04 pm

He is better than any WR in this class IMO, but I would probably have Jacobs over him, but not Sanders. Montgomery and guys like that aren't in the same class of talent or prospect as DJ Moore.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue May 07, 2019 5:07 am

If I owned the 1.01 and DJ Moore was in the draft, I'd easily take DJ Moore.

I don't know if Moore will have a better career than Jacobs, but when faced between the choice between a RB and a WR, I'll take the WR.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 07, 2019 5:29 am

We have had a year to see Moore actually play in the league so his value is naturally going to be high.

Talent wise, there are a lot of WR's that are not only faster but play with much better game speed in this draft. Moore is slow out of his breaks. He averaged under 10 points per contest.

He is a round 1 pick value in the 7-12 range this draft because he flashes but he certainly didn't light the league on fire last season but does have potential to be very good. He ranked 39th last year but was the highest scoring single digit average WR.

Words of Caution;
Moore ranked 54th in scoring per game. His teammate, C. Samuel ranked 51st in scoring per game.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue May 07, 2019 5:33 am

I'd take Moore over 1.01.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:55 am

I'm surprised to see so many people want the rookies from a week class... Oh wait, this always happens.

I'm taking Moore over every WR and it's a toss up between Jacobs

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue May 07, 2019 6:04 am

Ice wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:29 amTalent wise, there are a lot of WR's that are not only faster but play with much better game speed in this draft. Moore is slow out of his breaks. He averaged under 10 points per contest.

He is a round 1 pick value in the 7-12 range this draft because he flashes but he certainly didn't light the league on fire last season but does have potential to be very good. He ranked 39th last year but was the highest scoring single digit average WR.

Words of Caution;
Moore ranked 54th in scoring per game. His teammate, C. Samuel ranked 51st in scoring per game.
This is intriguing.

I had to look up some stats. Here are all the WRs in NFL history to start his rookie season with 55 catches or more. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... by=rec_yds

Moore ranks 49th all time. In total yards vs those guys, he ranks 39th. Not bad. Catch %, 11th (crazy good) and yards per target was 6th! Sort those yourself and look at all the players he shares those numbers with.

He only started 10 games, and with Funchess gone, he'll easily be the top target on his team..... well, besides CMC I suppose.

I like DJ Moore even more.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:16 am

I traded 1.08 for Moore straight up while I was on the clock. I was actually trying to get a 2020 1st off the guy and he preferred to move Moore.

I am really surprised how many people are preferring some of these rookies over him. He should see a good chunk of targets this year and is already established as his teams top WR.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 07, 2019 6:48 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:04 am
Ice wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:29 amTalent wise, there are a lot of WR's that are not only faster but play with much better game speed in this draft. Moore is slow out of his breaks. He averaged under 10 points per contest.

Words of Caution;
This is intriguing.

I had to look up some stats. Here are all the WRs in NFL history to start his rookie season with 55 catches or more. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... by=rec_yds

Moore ranks 49th all time. In total yards vs those guys, he ranks 39th. Not bad. Catch %, 11th (crazy good) and yards per target was 6th! Sort those yourself and look at all the players he shares those numbers with.

He only started 10 games, and with Funchess gone, he'll easily be the top target on his team..... well, besides CMC I suppose.

I like DJ Moore even more.
I would just caution you to watch Samuel. How many games did he start? Look at their routes.

Stats don’t tell the entire story here and Funchess was expendable.

Not knocking Moore here but like I said, he has a year under his belt so that matters.

Moore could hit 80 receptions this year but think he comes in closer to 70. He runs a lot of decoy type routes IMO.

Would not shock me at all if Samuel catches more passes.

CMC May be the top Wr disguised as a RB on that team.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue May 07, 2019 7:01 am

Great stuff in this thread everyone...really making me think about it.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:54 am

My thoughts on Moore are well documented. Ill let the thread I created stand.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue May 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Ice wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:48 amI would just caution you to watch Samuel. How many games did he start? Look at their routes.
I like Samuel. He's missed 7 games in 2 seasons. I remember that being a problem. I don't like players who get hurt so often as such a young age. I started an article a while ago that I never finished that related injury in a players first three seasons to their performance over their careers. It's not good. That's why I mostly ignore him as a player.

DJ Moore has no injury history (that I'm aware of). His college dominator rating is really high, his breakout age is really low, and he's next in line for that WR1 spot. He's bigger, he's quicker & more agile (according to the combine metrics). I also love DJ Moore's tape. You don't I suppose, and that's where we disagree.

I don't see Curtis Samuel beating DJ Moore at all this season.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:18 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:00 pm
Ice wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:48 amI would just caution you to watch Samuel. How many games did he start? Look at their routes.
I like Samuel. He's missed 7 games in 2 seasons. I remember that being a problem. I don't like players who get hurt so often as such a young age. I started an article a while ago that I never finished that related injury in a players first three seasons to their performance over their careers. It's not good. That's why I mostly ignore him as a player.

DJ Moore has no injury history (that I'm aware of). His college dominator rating is really high, his breakout age is really low, and he's next in line for that WR1 spot. He's bigger, he's quicker & more agile (according to the combine metrics). I also love DJ Moore's tape. You don't I suppose, and that's where we disagree.

This. Moore looks slow because he just glides while on the field. Hes like a beefed up, more athletic Tate.

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:39 pm

Moore looks anything but slow to me on the field. He looks like a RB with jets to me.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 07, 2019 1:02 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:00 pm

I like DJ's tape enough to give him a 1st round grade. I don't like it enough to call him 1.1 in this draft by a long shot. He is a good player with upside and has a year experience under his belt. The problem with him is he doesn't look significantly better than Samuel who is faster and I dispute quicker as fact. Samuel has 4.31 speed in the forty and has great first step quickness out of his breaks.

He suffered a significant ankle injury which as we all know can happen to anyone. He also is a converted RB so his learning curve obviously would take more time but entering year 3 he is a legit breakout candidate. His only other issue which caused a delay was a minor medical procedure for an irregular heart beat which was addressed and by all accounts is no longer an issue.

The reason I would not be surprised if Samuel outscored him this season is simply the the reality that once he hit the field post injury in week 5 he had 65 targets. Moore over that timeline had 74 targets.

This is isn't a knock on Moore but Samuel didn't run away or wilt once he was on the field. In fact, once Samuel hit the field for the balance of the season he had 7 TD's (2 rushing) vs Moore who had 1 TD over that same period. (Moore had 2 total TD's) TD's are not a great measure but Samuel is targeted and was 2nd on the team in TD's since returning I believe.

Samuel is a far lower cost Breakout candidate IMO.

Not an either or situation but my words of caution are based on expectation management for the WR position for this team.

I didn't say Samuel would beat Moore in scoring but stand by I wouldn't be surprised if he did.