Trading Picks

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JakeOfSpades
Rookie
Rookie

Trading Picks

Postby JakeOfSpades » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:23 am

When trading picks in a startup league, what is a general rule of thumb as far as comparing pick to picks value? (e.g. What picks might be a fair trade for pick 1.09?) Thank you.
"I didn’t come this far to only come this far, so we’ve still got further to go.” – Tom Brady

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trading Picks

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:29 am

Not sure if it's rookie picks you mean, or startup picks. You can try fining startup ADP with draft picks, or rookie players in it. Find where the 9th rookie is ranked. Arbitrarily, say he's ranked 85th in that ADP. 85 divided by 12(picks per round) is just over 7. So early 7th round would be appropriate. That number is not accurate to my knowledge, just an example of how you could try and find approximate pick value for a trade offer.

If it's the startup 1.09, well, that's a top ten dynasty player, so you need to look at ADP to see what range of players are at later picks. For instance, if you get an offer of 3.12, 5.12, 9.01 and 15.12, take a look at that ADP range in rankings. You would want to decline this offer. However if you got offer 2.09, 3.03 and 4.09, that's a much better selection of players in those ranges, so it would be more worth considering. Having a good set of ADP rankings is really important for a draft to ballpark this type of stuff.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

JakeOfSpades
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JakeOfSpades » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:29 am Not sure if it's rookie picks you mean, or startup picks. You can try fining startup ADP with draft picks, or rookie players in it. Find where the 9th rookie is ranked. Arbitrarily, say he's ranked 85th in that ADP. 85 divided by 12(picks per round) is just over 7. So early 7th round would be appropriate. That number is not accurate to my knowledge, just an example of how you could try and find approximate pick value for a trade offer.

If it's the startup 1.09, well, that's a top ten dynasty player, so you need to look at ADP to see what range of players are at later picks. For instance, if you get an offer of 3.12, 5.12, 9.01 and 15.12, take a look at that ADP range in rankings. You would want to decline this offer. However if you got offer 2.09, 3.03 and 4.09, that's a much better selection of players in those ranges, so it would be more worth considering. Having a good set of ADP rankings is really important for a draft to ballpark this type of stuff.
Sorry referring to rookie picks.
"I didn’t come this far to only come this far, so we’ve still got further to go.” – Tom Brady

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:02 pm

For startups, I usually consider a future 1st round pick worth a player in the 5th or 6th round.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11