Melvin Gordon value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Re: Melvin Gordon to hold out/demand trade without new contract

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:00 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:20 pm The raiders, and given that theyre in full rebuild mode I can see them trading to there even if they are on the same division
They given up on their first round RB selection already?
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:09 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:00 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:20 pm The raiders, and given that theyre in full rebuild mode I can see them trading to there even if they are on the same division
Dunno, I was never a big fan of Jacobs. Maybe I was right and the raiders are hesitating on him? All I know is he followed the raiders on instagram the day he was allowed to inquire about a trade and we received reports that a team had begun preliminary trade talks.

Apparently the chargers want a 2020 1st in return for him, so it seems pretty unlikely any team would give up that kind of capital just to sign him to a big contract

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:11 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:09 pm
Dunno, I was never a big fan of Jacobs. Maybe I was right and the raiders are hesitating on him? All I know is he followed the raiders on instagram the day he was allowed to inquire about a trade and we received reports that a team had begun preliminary trade talks.

Apparently the chargers want a 2020 1st in return for him, so it seems pretty unlikely any team would give up that kind of capital just to sign him to a big contract
I saw on Twitter he also followed the Eagles that day. I doubt he gets traded. Guess time will tell.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:45 am

Gruden has people calling him everyday... Dying to play for da raiders

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:54 am

Can't see anyone giving up high draft picks and paying him to get this done.

I think he comes back later in the season when he has to accrue time.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 am

The Zeke deal likely complicates the Gordon holdout. He's going to want that kind of money and the Chargers would be out of their gourds to give it to him.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:30 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:54 am Can't see anyone giving up high draft picks and paying him to get this done.

could the chargers shut him down to screw him up royally if he reports past mid-season? not saying they should, just wondering if it is theoretically possible.

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 am The Zeke deal likely complicates the Gordon holdout. He's going to want that kind of money and the Chargers would be out of their gourds to give it to him.
one serious injury to zeke in the next two seasons and we won't be seeing big RB contracts for a while. but i digress. if gordon wants zeke/gurley money, he's deluded and may sit on his arse for a while.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:57 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:30 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:54 am Can't see anyone giving up high draft picks and paying him to get this done.

could the chargers shut him down to screw him up royally if he reports past mid-season? not saying they should, just wondering if it is theoretically possible.

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 am The Zeke deal likely complicates the Gordon holdout. He's going to want that kind of money and the Chargers would be out of their gourds to give it to him.
one serious injury to zeke in the next two seasons and we won't be seeing big RB contracts for a while. but i digress. if gordon wants zeke/gurley money, he's deluded and may sit on his arse for a while.
I'm not sure when he has to report to accrue a season. I've read Week 10. They could shut him down, but I think he'd still accrue a season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:24 am

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:09 pm

Pretty sure that isn't happening. Mayock's level of interest on your take on Jacobs is pretty low :wink: . Mayock went to Gruden with a video cut up of Jacobs and said, this guy is a Raider. We need to draft him, basically.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:29 am

Absolutely zero chance he gets traded to the Raiders, for a multitude of blatantly obvious reasons.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:41 am

Albert Breer of MMQB reports that the Eagles offered Jordan Howard and a mid round pick swap for Gordon.

This is somewhat surprising, but not shocking. Eagles are usually the most active in the trade market, and I think their goal was to acquire him on his current deal and then let him walk in free agency. They have bigger priorities for their cap space than a high paid RB, but short term it would certainly make sense for them.

Edit: Apparently the Eagles wanted the Chargers to eat some salary too. I don't think this was ever really close or got into meaningful discussions.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:57 am

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:41 am Albert Breer of MMQB reports that the Eagles offered Jordan Howard and a mid round pick swap for Gordon.

This is somewhat surprising, but not shocking. Eagles are usually the most active in the trade market, and I think their goal was to acquire him on his current deal and then let him walk in free agency. They have bigger priorities for their cap space than a high paid RB, but short term it would certainly make sense for them.

Edit: Apparently the Eagles wanted the Chargers to eat some salary too. I don't think this was ever really close or got into meaningful discussions.
but then melvin would continue to sit out?

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:59 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:57 am
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:41 am Albert Breer of MMQB reports that the Eagles offered Jordan Howard and a mid round pick swap for Gordon.

but then melvin would continue to sit out?
Bingo. Somebody's gotta pay him
(would otherwise be a perfect plan for the Eagles)

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:02 am

Well he might be willing to play out his current deal with a new franchise and then go to free agency. The revelation that the Eagles wanted the Chargers to eat some of the salary makes it clear they weren't planning on keeping him long-term.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:05 am

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:02 am Well he might be willing to play out his current deal with a new franchise and then go to free agency. The revelation that the Eagles wanted the Chargers to eat some of the salary makes it clear they weren't planning on keeping him long-term.
Why would he want to do that with a new franchise though, knowing he's just gonna be seeking $13 million again next year & not getting it?

I guess maybe if he bets on himself proving his worth, but the injury risk is a yuge factor