Page 2 of 133

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:03 pm
by ericanadian
I'd say the bigger concern would be performance. He'll miss camp and probably the first month or two of the college season. Maybe Richt decides to make him a part-time guy with Chubb looking solid. Maybe he's not 100% and his performance suffers, or maybe he just has a few bad games. Any of those things would hurt his draft stock more than just entering the draft injured. Further, going in with the injury allows him to opt out of 90% of the workouts which means there's no risk of a bad 40 hurting his draft stock.

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:18 pm
by ninotoreS
And now he'll miss the Combine.

How annoying.

After the T-Rich debacle, I don't know that I can trust any stat-monster college RB that doesn't objectively prove their athleticism.

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:22 pm
by Jimmy Jones
teprovich88 wrote:Any chance Gurley spends his senior season at Georgia, and enters the 2016 draft healthy so that he can work out for teams rather than his draft stock slide?
To risk blowing it out again even worse? No, he'd be stupid not to take the payday.

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:54 pm
by DJB
ninotoreS wrote:And now he'll miss the Combine.

How annoying.

After the T-Rich debacle, I don't know that I can trust any stat-monster college RB that doesn't objectively prove their athleticism.
Great point. Really wanted to see him do the combine. Maybe he slides in my draft!

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:06 pm
by teprovich88
I would agree that he probably declares regardless of the injury. I just wanted to get other's opinions.

How far do you think he drops in the NFL draft as a result of the ACL tear? ACL rehab will be ~9 months from date of surgery, which puts us into training camp as the earliest portion of his timeline to return to football activities. With that said, I highly doubt he gets into any game action during the preseason and will most likely start the season on short term-IR.

Also (at this point) where would he slot into a dynasty rookie draft? Is he still in the top half of the 1st?

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:28 pm
by ericanadian
I'd say he slips to mid to late 2nd in the real draft. He's still top half of the 1st in fantasy. Probably higher the later in the offseason you draft assuming his recovery is on schedule.

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:41 pm
by flexcapacitor
I haven't seen him play or watched any tape on him but if he's as talented as people say he should still get picked really high in both the rookie draft and regular draft. Gordon will probably be the #! pick in most rookie draft now. The guy did just ran for over 400 yards.

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:07 pm
by DJB
I still think he will go top 3 regardless of where he lands in the draft.

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:48 pm
by RenMasters
Which players would people consider taking at 1.02 if not Gurley? What's your argument or your case for that player? I'll be at 1.04 and I hope he falls.

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:05 pm
by Joey Pigskins
^^^Dorial Green Beckham depending on landing spot, but probably no one

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:01 am
by ninotoreS
SuhFEAR wrote:Which players would people consider taking at 1.02 if not Gurley? What's your argument or your case for that player? I'll be at 1.04 and I hope he falls.
Love me some Amari Cooper.

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:03 am
by QuintorrisLopezJones
DGB

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:14 am
by Cameron Giles
SuhFEAR wrote:Which players would people consider taking at 1.02 if not Gurley? What's your argument or your case for that player? I'll be at 1.04 and I hope he falls.
Before Saturday, I would've taken Cooper over Gordon. Not so sure about that now but I think Cooper has the makings of an elite WR.

I would think about Devantae (sp?) Parker or Jaelen Strong.

DGB has the talent and look of a stud WR but limited college history.

My Top 5 right now is:

Gurley (even with the torn ACL)
Gordon
Cooper
Parker
Strong

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:53 pm
by FantasyFreak
Prime Lark Voorhies wrote:
SuhFEAR wrote:Which players would people consider taking at 1.02 if not Gurley? What's your argument or your case for that player? I'll be at 1.04 and I hope he falls.
Before Saturday, I would've taken Cooper over Gordon. Not so sure about that now but I think Cooper has the makings of an elite WR.

I would think about Devantae (sp?) Parker or Jaelen Strong.

DGB has the talent and look of a stud WR but limited college history.

My Top 5 right now is:

Gurley (even with the torn ACL)
Gordon
Cooper
Parker
Strong
I have the 1.01, and those are my top 5 as well. I had been doing some research on Gurley and Gordon, and was starting to consider Gordon over Gurley, even before the weekends results. Take a look at Gurley's injury history over the past few seasons, with hip/ankle injuries forcing him to miss 3 games last year, and then in the pre-season he was having a knee issue. On Saturday he was wearing an elbow brace, because he was dealing with an elbow problem, even though he hadn't played in a month. Now he has a torn ACL. He has never played a full college season, and his violent/upright running style gives me doubts as to his longevity at the next level. Throw in the character issues, and the fact that Gordon is considered a high character person, with great work ethic and a humble attitude, and he is my 1.01 if healthy next year.

Re: Gurley tore his ACL

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:49 pm
by italian_stallion21
This just has the feeling of the Seahawks taking him now for some reason, since he should be there when it's their pick.