The Todd Gurley Thread - Currently FA

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tmacdaman1
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Gurley a Product of System?

Postby tmacdaman1 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:21 pm

There have been plenty of NCAA backfields that have had 2-3 legit future NFL players at one time, that's just great recruiting at a very strong program. Chubb is a stud prospect in his own right and is well on his way to being a top RB in the country sooner than later and should have absolutely no impact on how people perceive Gurley.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Concerns About Todd Gurley

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:55 am

I've seen videos of Gurley, and there's no doubt that he's insanely talented. However, it seems risky to me that he is still basically a lock in most standard leagues to be drafted at 1.01 or 1.02 this year. I feel like the ACL tear should be a bit concerning...am I wrong? While ACL injuries are easier to come back from with recent advances in medicine, it's still a major injury. There's no guarantee that Gurley can return to his high level of play either immediately or at all. Look at Marcus Lattimore. I know Lattimore's injury was far more severe and complex than an ACL, but there's a chance Gurley sits out his rookie year then does nothing. Let me know what you think.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Concerns About Todd Gurley

Postby breeze » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:02 am

I hope my league mates and you agree.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:22 am

Breezy12 wrote:I hope my league mates and you agree.
X2

AP tore his ACL AND MCL December 24th and had surgery December 30th and was able to make it back for week 1 of the NFL season. Now Todd Gurley is no AP and I'm not trying to say that he is, but Gurley tore his ACL and NOT any other ligament on November 17th and had surgery November 25th. Just a few days more than a month earlier than AP did. So if Gurley stays on track with his rehab the way AP did (he can even afford to have one small setback to his rehab) he can be ready week 1.

ACL injuries are a much smaller deal than they used to be.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:25 am

Lattimore is really the only example I can think of where a young RB tore his knee up and didn't recover. Charles, AP, go back further, Jamal Lewis, Frank Gore, Edgerrin James. They all came back to be just as good if not better. Even McGahee (whose knee injury was far more gruesome than Gurley's) recovered to be a very good RB. I just don't consider it a big deal anymore.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:31 am

I'm in the camp that thinks, even with the ACL injury, Gurley is a home run at the first pick. Like the above poster stated, ACL injuries are much easier to come back from due to andvances in medicine and rehab processes. If the ACL tear didnt happen he is without question the number one pick. He's large, fast, good pass cathcer and pass blocker. True 3 down backs are hard to come by anymore and even if he's at 90% I still want him!
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

nabright
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nabright » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:40 am

As someone who had ACL reconstruction surgery last month, I have been told my ACL should be stronger than ever once I am fully recovered. I guarantee Gurley has some of the best physical therapists at his disposal. So he should recover very well and be able to do everything he could before the injury. Lattimore had so many knee injuries and it was just too much to bounce back from. Gurley's situation is nowhere near what Lattimore's was.
Team 1
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/OP
QB: ARod, Wilson, Goff, Winston, Taysom Hill
RB: Cook, Mack, Barber, L. Murray, Ito Smith, Bibbs
WR: ARob, Kupp, Miller(Chi), Agholar, Doctson, Grant, Gordon Z. Jones, Quinn(Wsh), Wilson(Mia)
TE: Reed, Ebron, Andrews, V. Davis, Gates, Herndon
Team 2
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Tanny, Goff
RB: Henry, Drake
WR: Nuk, ARob, Cooper, JuJu, Shepard, Hurns, Lockett, Stewart, Kupp
TE: Doyle, Allen, Clay
Team 3
14tm Super-flex, 1.5PPR and 1.5pts per 10yds for TEs, 1PPR for WRs, .5ppr and .25ppc for RBs. start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Goff, Jones
RB: Henry, Ekeler, Howard, Hines, Kelley, McKinnon, Samuels
WR: Cooks, Ridley, Ross, Callaway, Moncreif, MWilliams, Enunwa, Kupp, Golladay, Kearse, Reynolds
TE: Howard, Hurst

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:46 am

nabright wrote:As someone who had ACL reconstruction surgery last month, I have been told my ACL should be stronger than ever once I am fully recovered. I guarantee Gurley has some of the best physical therapists at his disposal. So he should recover very well and be able to do everything he could before the injury. Lattimore had so many knee injuries and it was just too much to bounce back from. Gurley's situation is nowhere near what Lattimore's was.
Good luck on your own recovery!

But yes I believe Gurley probably has some of the worlds best physical therapists and trainers to keep him in shape and get him recovered as fast as possible
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:47 am

If you are at all worried, let the NFL draft make up your mind. If/When he is the 1st or 2nd RB off the board it's obvious that the NFL team did their research and know that he will fully recovered.

Lattimore for instance was regarded as the mosy talented RB of his draft class. He slipped to the 4th round and was the 8th RB selected purely due to his injury....which is at entirely different level of complexity compared to Gurley's
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:58 am

Thanks guys. These posts definitely assuage my fears regarding Gurley quite a bit. I was debating trying to trade for the 1.01 or 1.02, but wasn't sure if Gurley would be worth it. I'll have to re-evaluate now.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Rye300
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Rye300 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:10 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:I've seen videos of Gurley, and there's no doubt that he's insanely talented. However, it seems risky to me that he is still basically a lock in most standard leagues to be drafted at 1.01 or 1.02 this year. I feel like the ACL tear should be a bit concerning...am I wrong? While ACL injuries are easier to come back from with recent advances in medicine, it's still a major injury. There's no guarantee that Gurley can return to his high level of play either immediately or at all. Look at Marcus Lattimore. I know Lattimore's injury was far more severe and complex than an ACL, but there's a chance Gurley sits out his rookie year then does nothing. Let me know what you think.

I understand the concern but Latimore isn't even close. By all accounts Gurleys was a clean tear (great news) and no other damage done. All we need to hear is that Gurley is on schedule with no setbacks and he will be good as new.
14 Team, Year 2 (4pt Pass TD/-2 INT, Non-PPR. 5 pts. sack, INT. 4 pts. Forced fumble. 2pts. Fumble Recovery. 1.2 pts. Solo tackle, 0.5 assisted tackle)

2013 & 2014 - Division Champ
2013 - Runner-Up
2014 - Champion

1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB/DL/LB.

QB: Russ Wilson, Foles, Mettenberger, Murray
RB: Hill, Marshawn, Tre Mason, McFadden, Turbin, Gurley, Gordon, Cobb
WR: Watkins, Beckham, Benjamin, Boldin, John Brown, Albert Wilson, Josh Gordon, DGB, Lockett, Greene, Nicks
TE: Delanie Walker, Ebron
DB: Chancellor, Honey Badger, Sherman, Vaccaro, McDougland
DL: Ansah, JPP, Casey
LB: Kuechly, Mack, Mosley, Zach Brown/b], Ford, Foster, Dawson, Mauga

45 Man Pre-Season Rosters. 40 Man In-Season Rosters. 32 Keepers.

2015 Picks
1.01, 1.08, 2.11, 2.13, 3.5

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:12 am

If I am sitting with the 1.01 because I "earned" it, I would not TOUCH Gurley. If he doesn't return to pre-injury form, or he gets reinjured, it's a wasted pick and another year rebuilding. There are safer options.

Incidentally, his tear is not NEARLY as bad as Lattimore's. Lattimore positively destroyed his knee.

nabright
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nabright » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:13 am

HawkeyeState wrote:
nabright wrote:As someone who had ACL reconstruction surgery last month, I have been told my ACL should be stronger than ever once I am fully recovered. I guarantee Gurley has some of the best physical therapists at his disposal. So he should recover very well and be able to do everything he could before the injury. Lattimore had so many knee injuries and it was just too much to bounce back from. Gurley's situation is nowhere near what Lattimore's was.
Good luck on your own recovery!

But yes I believe Gurley probably has some of the worlds best physical therapists and trainers to keep him in shape and get him recovered as fast as possible
Thanks man! It gives me a little more time to evaluate players for the draft haha
Team 1
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/OP
QB: ARod, Wilson, Goff, Winston, Taysom Hill
RB: Cook, Mack, Barber, L. Murray, Ito Smith, Bibbs
WR: ARob, Kupp, Miller(Chi), Agholar, Doctson, Grant, Gordon Z. Jones, Quinn(Wsh), Wilson(Mia)
TE: Reed, Ebron, Andrews, V. Davis, Gates, Herndon
Team 2
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Tanny, Goff
RB: Henry, Drake
WR: Nuk, ARob, Cooper, JuJu, Shepard, Hurns, Lockett, Stewart, Kupp
TE: Doyle, Allen, Clay
Team 3
14tm Super-flex, 1.5PPR and 1.5pts per 10yds for TEs, 1PPR for WRs, .5ppr and .25ppc for RBs. start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Goff, Jones
RB: Henry, Ekeler, Howard, Hines, Kelley, McKinnon, Samuels
WR: Cooks, Ridley, Ross, Callaway, Moncreif, MWilliams, Enunwa, Kupp, Golladay, Kearse, Reynolds
TE: Howard, Hurst

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:31 am

rock-hammerson wrote:I'm in the camp that thinks, even with the ACL injury, Gurley is a home run at the first pick. Like the above poster stated, ACL injuries are much easier to come back from due to andvances in medicine and rehab processes. If the ACL tear didnt happen he is without question the number one pick. He's large, fast, good pass cathcer and pass blocker. True 3 down backs are hard to come by anymore and even if he's at 90% I still want him!
I hope so, because there's a good chance I'll have him at 1.3.

DynastyBuilder515
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyBuilder515 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:40 am

I am still hoping some WRs tear up the combine and Gurley can fall to me at 1.04 some how.