The Todd Gurley Thread - Currently FA

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Re: Rams cut Gurley

Postby pvillebiker » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:33 pm

Well I guess that answers Gurley's knee issue once and for all. Not feeling bad about getting the 1.08 (in superflex) for Gurley mid-season last year.

Betting some team picks him up and runs him into the ground on a 1-year deal. TB12?

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDabbler » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:44 pm

maxhyde wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm Plenty of decent spots to land out there. As has been said TB/ATL but DET/KC/BUF/NE/PIT/LAC/DEN/SEA/SF/IND/MIA all seem like decent landing places for a RB.
Wow, I haven't thought about all the questionable backfields out there. Healthy talented backs are hard to find.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:49 pm

I don't think people realize how historically good the Rams run blocking was in 2018. I would not use that year to hope that Gurley returns to form. The Rams offensive line finished with 5.49 adjusted line yards according to Football Outsiders. That's the highest number in the last 19 years.

The only teams that come close:

New Orleans (2018) - 5.19
Denver (2002) - 5.13 (The year Clinton Portis went for 1,508 yards as a rookie with 17 total touchdowns)

The Rams OL was naturally worse this year after losing Saffold. They finished with 4.26 adjusted line yards, which was 19th in the league, which is not awful by any means. The biggest difference is they went from finishing 2nd in stuff rate....to 26th.

I think Gurley's best years are behind him. I just don't see him running behind a line that good again, or a scheme like the Rams SB season. Plus I can't see him holding up with degenerative knees. He can still have some RB1 production on volume and TDs alone, but I don't expect anything like 2018 again when he was just flat out dominant and won people weeks by himself.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:27 pm

maxhyde wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm Count me in the group that believes Gurley isn't washed up.
The Rams miscalculated last year and started using him more too late to change their fortunes. Maybe his knees are shot but I saw more of an OLine problem last year that affected both the pass and run game.

Plenty of decent spots to land out there. As has been said TB/ATL but DET/KC/BUF/NE/PIT/LAC/DEN/SEA/SF/IND all seem like decent landing places for a RB. MIA has a need but I won't say its a great spot to be as they tank for Lawrence but fine for a vet to re-hab value
I would think that most of these teams would rather just draft a younger and cheaper RB than invest in Gurley.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:14 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:27 pm
maxhyde wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm Count me in the group that believes Gurley isn't washed up.
The Rams miscalculated last year and started using him more too late to change their fortunes. Maybe his knees are shot but I saw more of an OLine problem last year that affected both the pass and run game.

Plenty of decent spots to land out there. As has been said TB/ATL but DET/KC/BUF/NE/PIT/LAC/DEN/SEA/SF/IND all seem like decent landing places for a RB. MIA has a need but I won't say its a great spot to be as they tank for Lawrence but fine for a vet to re-hab value
I would think that most of these teams would rather just draft a younger and cheaper RB than invest in Gurley.
How much of an investment do you think it will be?

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:49 pm I don't think people realize how historically good the Rams run blocking was in 2018. I would not use that year to hope that Gurley returns to form. The Rams offensive line finished with 5.49 adjusted line yards according to Football Outsiders. That's the highest number in the last 19 years.

The only teams that come close:

New Orleans (2018) - 5.19
Denver (2002) - 5.13 (The year Clinton Portis went for 1,508 yards as a rookie with 17 total touchdowns)

The Rams OL was naturally worse this year after losing Saffold. They finished with 4.26 adjusted line yards, which was 19th in the league, which is not awful by any means. The biggest difference is they went from finishing 2nd in stuff rate....to 26th.

I think Gurley's best years are behind him. I just don't see him running behind a line that good again, or a scheme like the Rams SB season. Plus I can't see him holding up with degenerative knees. He can still have some RB1 production on volume and TDs alone, but I don't expect anything like 2018 again when he was just flat out dominant and won people weeks by himself.
You can bet a Brady led Bucs offense would be highly productive for Gurley or MG3. Probably really high scoring and lots of TD opportunities for either of them.

I fully believe Gurley can be good still. His best days are certainly behind him, but that’s because they were also ridiculous years.

Here’s a great video I highly recommend anyone interested about this to watch. It’s 10 minutes and Breaks down Gurley play this season.

https://youtu.be/AMRCuCZj9RY
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Farley wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:14 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:27 pm

How much of an investment do you think it will be?
1 year 4 mill

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:49 pm He can still have some RB1 production on volume and TDs alone, but I don't expect anything like 2018 again when he was just flat out dominant and won people weeks by himself.
Probably the most important points to remember going forward.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:38 pm

Packerland wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:16 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:55 pm The bill for the Rams was finally due. You can only defer payments for so long.

They had a nice little run and nearly pulled it off.

Now strapped to Goff, no Gurley, likely won't get much for Cooks, and lost a ton on D. Oh and they have no first round picks for 2 years....
I
:doh:
My Gurley for DJ and Henderson trade you weren't a fan of late last year is looking a lot better now, eh? :wink:
Just offered a 3rd for him, probably light but let's see what he says.
Offered 2 2021 2nds and declined without a counter
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:43 pm

Offered 2.05 and got declined.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:08 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:55 pm The bill for the Rams was finally due. You can only defer payments for so long.

Now strapped to Goff, no Gurley, likely won't get much for Cooks, and lost a ton on D. Oh and they have no first round picks for 2 years....

My Gurley for DJ and Henderson trade you weren't a fan of late last year is looking a lot better now, eh? :wink:
Is it?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:11 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:08 pm

Is it?
Yep. Considering the situations currently, value wise, I have two RB's at the top of depth charts to an unemployed RB. Come on, just having some fun with ya. :thumbup:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:01 pm
Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:53 pm Cold-blooded
A good reason why the players should not have folded on the CBA.
why, because they're making tens of millions of dollars?

the rams gave gurley $34m in the last two seasons, $7.5m for this year even though they cut him. he is well compensated, no reason to complain.

just a shame he got injured so soon after signing the deal. they had to manage him and he wasn't getting the touches to warrant the rest of his contract. sucks as a rams fan to see him go.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:11 am

Todd Gurley to Atlanta. So much for can’t be a bell cow... There will be plenty of opportunity there for him. 1 year deal, so it’s safe to say they will use him adequately.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler