The Todd Gurley Thread - Currently FA

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Re: New Gurley Usage

Postby wingnutty » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:39 am

5 title games here, 2 with gurley. Wish I had him on a few more. Might dangle the 1.12 out there before draft to see if I can pick up a few more shares from worries owners.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:40 am

wingnutty wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:12 am Happy to have him as a backend RB1 on my rosters. His floor is solid and has been all year. Lacks a high ceiling but that’s ok. Nuk is on a lot of the same rosters and he’s been pretty similar, although with a higher ceiling.

I’ll happily ride gurley for a few more years of solid workhorse production. The knee is a bit overblown.

I’d rather be holding gurley than Kamara or Aaron Jones.
:wtf: :shock: Why?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:51 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:48 am Someone needs to put the crack pipe down and slowly move away from their brain.
Hey, we all value players differently. But I’m in 8 leagues, 5 of which I am playing for the championship...so I must be doing something right, lol.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:57 am

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:39 am No way do I want any part of this dude... He's been on a snap count all year, his team must win every game to have a shot at the playoffs they sold the farm for, he should be fairly fresh.. And all he can muster is 14 touches, a large part of that at the end of the game? He is not an RB1, this week's point total is propped up by 2 TDs. Him and the rams are some for the next few years.. have fun with those contacts Mr McVay
Yeah, he's RB 13 as far as I can see, in all my leagues. Very TD dependant. 3.9 YPC, 6.4 YPR. Explosive plays are all but gone. I don't think people should be expecting the same or more touches next year, either. I really wanted to believe he'd be OK, and be that same guy, but he just isn't. Still finds the end zone, but he just doesn't look the same, and the knee will only get worse. Thing is, unless you can get a player and prospect you like, or something, he's a go down with the ship guy, if he can produce a RB2 season next year.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:03 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:57 am
nathanq42 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:39 am No way do I want any part of this dude... He's been on a snap count all year, his team must win every game to have a shot at the playoffs they sold the farm for, he should be fairly fresh.. And all he can muster is 14 touches, a large part of that at the end of the game? He is not an RB1, this week's point total is propped up by 2 TDs. Him and the rams are some for the next few years.. have fun with those contacts Mr McVay
Yeah, he's RB 13 as far as I can see, in all my leagues. Very TD dependant. 3.9 YPC, 6.4 YPR. Explosive plays are all but gone. I don't think people should be expecting the same or more touches next year, either. I really wanted to believe he'd be OK, and be that same guy, but he just isn't. Still finds the end zone, but he just doesn't look the same, and the knee will only get worse. Thing is, unless you can get a player and prospect you like, or something, he's a go down with the ship guy, if he can produce a RB2 season next year.
He's just barely the RB12 in my league by less than .1 points and that's with Barkley and Conner missing games but averaging more points. I definitely won't be viewing him as a RB1 next year, especially with so many good RBs coming out that I'd probably rather have over him. He looks like he'll still put up RB2 numbers with the occasional RB1 weeks due to TDs, but agree, he doesn't look the same at all. Been saying that for a few months now. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want him on my team if I could get him cheap, but definitely not as my RB1.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:52 am

RB12 in my league too. 14.7 ppg with 12 TDs is something I don't really want a part of for the price. Dependency on TDs scares me to be honest.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:13 am

Lol, Gurley played in all games this year and was merely a high end RB2. He barely beat out Ronald Jones in per carry efficiency. The dude is toast like sliced bread that has been baked.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:37 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:13 am Lol, Gurley played in all games this year and was merely a high end RB2. He barely beat out Ronald Jones in per carry efficiency. The dude is toast like sliced bread that has been baked.
Did he though? Look at his early games he was not really used properly
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:20 pm

when the consensus says zig, I like to zag, if the price is low enough. Has served me well over the years. I’m an active buyer of gurley right now, for the right price.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:27 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:37 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:13 am Lol, Gurley played in all games this year and was merely a high end RB2. He barely beat out Ronald Jones in per carry efficiency. The dude is toast like sliced bread that has been baked.
Did he though? Look at his early games he was not really used properly
Was he not used properly? He was held it so he could be "healthy" down the stretch.. clearly he isn't... And iirc he was in charge of his playing time, checking himself in and out
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:24 pm

If this is the Rams offense over the next 2 years (before they have a major out contractually), a 30 catch/1000 yfs/10+ TD rb is still a damn useful asset in fantasy.
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:24 pm If this is the new reality for the Rams the next 2 years before they have a major out contractually, 30 catch/1000 yfs/10+ TD RBs are still awfully useful.
That's assuming he gets the same amount of work and success. I have my doubts his usage will be as much next year, but I still think he gets the goal line work, or at least most of it.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Did everyone see how Gurley found the Edge running for a td on one leg?

Lucky all those people telling us He was finished stayed away from him. I bet they're happy his 2 td performances in the playoffs aren't on their teams.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:27 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:22 pm Did everyone see how Gurley found the Edge running for a td running on one leg?

Lucky all those people telling us He was finished stayed away from him. I bet they're happy his 2 td performances in the playoffs aren't on their teams.
Sherman took a horrible angle and is slow and old. I want Gurley to do well, and he's still great down by the goal line, but even Charles Davis sees he's not the same. There is a happy medium, Gurley isn't done, but he seems to be a guy that looking forward will be more and more TD dependant. I think that too often people need it to be black and white. Gurley is still a startable RB for the near future. He's probably going to bottom out in a few years, but it certainly isn't this year.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.