Cam Newton Thread - Back to Carolina

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Re: Cam Newton Thread - Currently FA

Postby Shankopotamus » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:42 am

I could see him in Buffalo if something happened to Josh Allen.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:24 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:42 am I could see him in Buffalo if something happened to Josh Allen.
I'm not sure he's any better than Trubisky at this point and comes with more headache due to the covid rules.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:42 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:24 pm
Shankopotamus wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:42 am I could see him in Buffalo if something happened to Josh Allen.
I'm not sure he's any better than Trubisky at this point and comes with more headache due to the covid rules.
Having both your starter and backup QB unvaxxed doesn't seem football smart.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:45 pm

Is now vaccinated according to Rapaport & Garafolo. Further more articles seem to say it is in effort to increase his chances of getting signed to play this season. Guess we'll see if it works.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:11 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:45 pm Is now vaccinated according to Rapaport & Garafolo. Further more articles seem to say it is in effort to increase his chances of getting signed to play this season. Guess we'll see if it works.
Had he done that prior to the season, he'd likely still be in NE.
16 team league

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:09 am

Cam doing Cam things 😔

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cam to CAR

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:16 am

Newton to the Panthers. Stick a fork in Darnold

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Cam to CAR

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:44 am

Well the only two players he would have any pre-existing connection with are CMC and DJ Moore, I'd expect them to continue to receive the lions share of all targets going forward. But iirc things were pretty rough during his time in NE, I cant imagine things are going to be better after all this time off and coming into a new system. Stock up on the CAR offense but that is off of a pretty low bar..
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:50 am

we know the terms yet?
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:53 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:50 am we know the terms yet?
I read up to $10M, 4.5 guaranteed and a 1.5 roster bonus
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:10 am

About time!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:46 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:44 am Well the only two players he would have any pre-existing connection with are CMC and DJ Moore, I'd expect them to continue to receive the lions share of all targets going forward. But iirc things were pretty rough during his time in NE, I cant imagine things are going to be better after all this time off and coming into a new system. Stock up on the CAR offense but that is off of a pretty low bar..
Yeah I'm not changing expectations at all, but it can't get worse... right? I've been a Cam hater for a while now so maybe it can

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:45 pm

All that money allocated to their QB position and they could've just drafted Fields or Jones. :doh:
16 team league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:46 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:46 pm Yeah I'm not changing expectations at all, but it can't get worse... right? I've been a Cam hater for a while now so maybe it can
It might get slightly better. Cam was pretty good about checking down to CMC in their last season if I recall.

His ability to extend plays with his legs may keep them on the field longer, which raises the opportunity floor.

It's the downfield shots to the WR's that are going to suffer. From memory, his aDOT in NE was waaaaay down; he was borderline refusing to attack past 10 yards.
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:45 pm All that money allocated to their QB position and they could've just drafted Fields or Jones. :doh:
Honestly, this. Just take one of the QB's and figure out CB on the trade market... y'know... like they already did.

Defense is a lovely "nice to have" but if you don't have an Offense of note, it's pointless in the modern NFL with all of the rule changes and penalties. There's not going to be another 85 Bears that carries a stagnant O to the Superbowl in the modern era with the way the rules have been changed - those days are done.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:27 pm

mild wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:46 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:46 pm Yeah I'm not changing expectations at all, but it can't get worse... right? I've been a Cam hater for a while now so maybe it can
It might get slightly better. Cam was pretty good about checking down to CMC in their last season if I recall.

His ability to extend plays with his legs may keep them on the field longer, which raises the opportunity floor.

It's the downfield shots to the WR's that are going to suffer. From memory, his aDOT in NE was waaaaay down; he was borderline refusing to attack past 10 yards.
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:45 pm All that money allocated to their QB position and they could've just drafted Fields or Jones. :doh:
Honestly, this. Just take one of the QB's and figure out CB on the trade market... y'know... like they already did.

Defense is a lovely "nice to have" but if you don't have an Offense of note, it's pointless in the modern NFL with all of the rule changes and penalties. There's not going to be another 85 Bears that carries a stagnant O to the Superbowl in the modern era with the way the rules have been changed - those days are done.
Exactly, defenses are so handcuffed by the rules there is literally no point in investing in it unless you have a high powered offense to begin with. Literally no team in the top 10 are known for their team's defense, some of them may have a very good defense, but I dont think it is a requirement anymore, the rules make it impossible to win through the defense (2013 hawks were great all around, but that defense made that team, I honestly dont think the 2013 hawks could win it all in today's NFL, they'd be a force, but something tells me that team's swag would have been murdered by these taunting flags and they lived on that attitude
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06