Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Panthers give Cam permission to seek trade

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:24 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:21 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:19 pm
Cam is clearly not viewed as a difference maker QB by the NFL. He's viewed as a borderline starter or backup. That's the reality.
Hes a former #1 overall pick, and league MVP. Curious what this opinion is based on?
What's you're point? That's gone. It's like saying Eli Manning was a 2 time SB winner for the last 3 years. Meaningless. The present is what matters. My opinion is based on the reality the NFL is clearly telling us. Honest question: Do you have Cam on a roster?
I have him and should have offloaded before the injury but who knew it would be like this. Anyways, I agree, he's basically done for. The huge value was his legs which led to more opportunities in the passing game. He was always an average at best passer... He put his body on the line with his running style and is now paying the price of an earlier ending career. I don't think he starts many games again. Definitely not looking like it this year

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:33 pm

As far as Cam goes for fantasy-league, he is a buy-low QB2 until proven otherwise.
In real NFL, if healthy, he is an upgrade over most backups to running qbs - take note Ravens, Chargers, Texans, Cardinals, Browns, Kansas, Seattle. But only after being released from Carolina.
THE PYRATES. Terrorizing this league since 2006 - Playoffs (06,07,10,11,13-16,18, 19)
4 Division titles, 5 Superbowls (2006, 2013-2016), 2013 CCFL Champions

QB: D.Watson, T.Bridgewater, C.Newton, AJ.McCarron, J.Hurts-R
RB: D.Henry, K.Drake, A.Dillon-R, D.Evans-R, R.Armstead, D.Lewis, F.Gore, B.Hill, D.Williams, D.Dallas-R,
WR: M.Evans, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, C.Kirk
TE: T.Kelce, C.Herndon
K: M.Gay, M.Prater
DEF Texans, Seahawks

14-team, 2 division, non-ppr with salary caps. Starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DST
Pillage FIRST! THEN burn. Doing it the other way around is pointless.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:41 pm

The Pyrate wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:33 pm As far as Cam goes for fantasy-league, he is a buy-low QB2 until proven otherwise.
In real NFL, if healthy, he is an upgrade over most backups to running qbs - take note Ravens, Chargers, Texans, Cardinals, Browns, Kansas, Seattle. But only after being released from Carolina.
As a Ravens fan, I want nothing to do with Cam even as a backup. I don't think he'd come cheap and I don't think he has much left anyway. I think the same could be said about the rest of those teams. But I guess he is better than most backup QB because most backup QB are there for a reason

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:37 pm

This couldn't be a worse time for Cam to be a FA:

1. This was the strongest FA QB class in quite some time.
2. COVID-19 is preventing teams and players from traveling for physicals
3. Teams probably do not want physicals from another doctor and want Cam in the building for their own.
4. There's logical concern about Cam being damaged goods if he still can't be a dual threat with his legs.

If Washington doesn't sign him as their starter, then I can't see another situation for him this season to excel. He'd have to go somewhere as a backup.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:37 pm This couldn't be a worse time for Cam to be a FA:

3. Teams probably do not want physicals from another doctor and want Cam in the building for their own.
4. There's logical concern about Cam being damaged goods if he still can't be a dual threat with his legs.

If Washington doesn't sign him as their starter, then I can't see another situation for him this season to excel. He'd have to go somewhere as a backup.
What about LAC?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:53 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:37 pm This couldn't be a worse time for Cam to be a FA:

What about LAC?
They've said they aren't going to add a veteran QB and are sticking with Tyrod. Which means one of two things:

1) They plan on taking a QB early in the draft, likely Herbert because I believe Tua goes top 5 to Miami. (This is most likely scenario of the two imo)

2) They don't want to trade anything for him knowing there are no other trade suitors, so they can wait for him (or another vet like Dalton) to get cut and bring him on without surrendering any draft capital and on a contract they can completely control themselves.

LAC really is the only opening for him at the moment, and if they are truly out on him then he probably waits until training camp and a QB getting hurt or team losing patience with their current starter. I really don't see him.settling for a backup job, and could see him sitting out the year altogether and giving it another go next offseason as a UFA from the beginning of the offseason.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:52 am

I love this stuff.
My perspective is that Cam is still a top 20 QB...even when he is "bad" he has more success than a ton of guys past and present. The injury and all the QB's on the market definitely impacted anything getting done early on. The injury and no one being able to confirm his medicals is a major factor I think. I still think he is better than probably 1/3 of the league.

As for the "interest" or lack of...this is the NFL lying game of deception right now. Nobody wants to give up an inkling on their draft thoughts, FA thoughts or anyone they really may actually covet. I would be shocked if he is released and we don't see a flurry of activity...Vegas/LAC/NE/MIA/JAX/DEN (and CAR obviously) all improve their situations immediately with Cam I think...is he a fit for all? Probably not but that might only be MIA who may want Lawrence

To be honest teams like CLE/NYJ have to be wondering about their recent QB selections too and whether they are the long term answer. Not imminent but I wouldn't be handing either Baker or Darnold 30 million a year right now...not that they have been terrible but they haven't been impressive either yet.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 am

Just got cut

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:45 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 am Just got cut
The Camshaft :surprised:

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:08 am

I don't think you can read into it as far as some are. There are a lot of pieces at play here, which leave more grey than some want to admit (well, at least one). What we do know is that the Panthers are clearly moving on, which left Carolina little leverage to move him. Add in the fact that COVID-19 has impacted teams ability to travel and assess his health to the full extent, there has to be caution to give up draft capital. Then you have the FA class, upcoming draft, and teams that just don't need a QB (or want to pay the price / take on the media storm before they can assess him) and the market to trade is limited. This is a special time that has impacts as well that impact business.

Will he be a starter in 2020 (or beyond)? I'd wager yes, at some point. Is he going to be Cam of old? No, that seems a long shot and if nothing else his mobility should be trending down. Is he better than a number of starters? I'd say this is definitely more than likely...but they don't want to take a blind leap to change it up and move on from their current situation (due to money, young 'Franchise Guy' development, or already having an established starter).

Highly dependent on price, but I agree that Cam can be a low cost QB2 acquisition for fantasy teams. Some have surely already ruled him off.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:17 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... dskins-qb1

5 potential landing spots? Not sure if I agree but at least here is a take

Patriots
Chargers
Jaguars
Ravens
49ers
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:24 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:17 am http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... dskins-qb1

Patriots
Chargers
Jaguars
Ravens
49ers
Don't see Baltimore giving him enough money to be a backup QB. I'm not sure what RG3s contract is moving forward but they drafted McSorley who fits the style and is very cheap. Think he may also play some ST, which no way Cam is doing that

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:56 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:24 am
ArrylT wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:17 am http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... dskins-qb1

Patriots
Chargers
Jaguars
Ravens
49ers
Don't see Baltimore giving him enough money to be a backup QB. I'm not sure what RG3s contract is moving forward but they drafted McSorley who fits the style and is very cheap. Think he may also play some ST, which no way Cam is doing that
I pretty much agree with your assessment. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:34 pm

As an owner of Tyrod Taylor, Allen, and H. Henry I have no interest in Cam going to the Chargers. At this stage I don't think he is any better at delivering a pass than T-mobile.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Cam Newton to Patriots

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:59 pm

Can't say I expected this one.

1 year deal with a bunch of incentives according to Twitter.

Was curious to see Stidham this year. Not sure what to think of Cam in the offense now, or if he will even be the starter. Definitely an interesting signing imho.