Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Diggs traded to Buffalo

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:30 pm

Didn't know this was the Hopkins thread...

I think the disconnect from a few of you is that FF is mostly talking about these 2 WR value to NFL teams... Whereas a lot of others are pointing to the numbers in fantasy. Obviously we are here for fantasy purposes but if it's paying Hopkins 20M for a long time vs Diggs 12M for a few years? Id probably take Diggs also. You can't fill out a roster with many guys making 20M. Ask LAR...

That being said BOB is an idiot and the Texans are doing just about everything wrong. Better than letting Hopkins holdout or walk in FA though I guess...

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:57 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:30 pm Didn't know this was the Hopkins thread...

I think the disconnect from a few of you is that FF is mostly talking about these 2 WR value to NFL teams... Whereas a lot of others are pointing to the numbers in fantasy. Obviously we are here for fantasy purposes but if it's paying Hopkins 20M for a long time vs Diggs 12M for a few years? Id probably take Diggs also. You can't fill out a roster with many guys making 20M. Ask LAR...

That being said BOB is an idiot and the Texans are doing just about everything wrong. Better than letting Hopkins holdout or walk in FA though I guess...
I disagree. I really like Diggs. But he’s proven to be inconsistent, not an alpha and has dealt with soft tissue injuries most of his career. He’s also apparently a bit of locker room distraction. That’s never gonna fly. Hopkins is a leader and an alpha on the field. Never misses a game. That’s the difference in pay. And it’s well deserved.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:26 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:30 pm Didn't know this was the Hopkins thread...

Bingo.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:31 am

RB6 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:57 pm

I disagree. I really like Diggs. But he’s proven to be inconsistent, not an alpha and has dealt with soft tissue injuries most of his career. He’s also apparently a bit of locker room distraction. That’s never gonna fly. Hopkins is a leader and an alpha on the field. Never misses a game. That’s the difference in pay. And it’s well deserved.
Sure, but the Bills prefer Diggs because he's a deep threat and a separator, and Hopkins isn't. Diggs definitely fits in more with what they are trying to do offensively. Hopkins may deserve more, but less teams are willing to pay that, especially if they have to give up a the same capital. Diggs has the more attractive contract, that absolutely factors in to how much a team is willing to pay in draft capital for the rights to make a player one of the highest paid WR's in the league, even if they are considered a top WR. This isn't about what I have against Hopkins, as you alluded to, it's the reality that less teams can afford to pay him, and if he costs substantially more vs the cap compared to Diggs, in this example, and doesn't fit what they are trying to do as much, then it's not hard to see why Diggs is chosen over Hopkins. He costs less money. It's a risk for teams to trade for a guy who isn't happy with his contract, unless they are completely willing to roll out the Brinks truck for him, and apparently the Cards are willing to do that, but not every team is, as I showed earlier with the Eagles.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:43 am

Just heard this stat. Josh Allen's catchable target rate on passes of 20 or more yards down the field, was 37%, tied for dead last. Kirk Cousins catchable target rate when targeting Diggs 20 or more yards down the field was 77%. Yikes.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:43 am Just heard this stat. Josh Allen's catchable target rate on passes of 20 or more yards down the field, was 37%, tied for dead last. Kirk Cousins catchable target rate when targeting Diggs 20 or more yards down the field was 77%. Yikes.
The few times I watched Allen, it felt like every time he threw deep it sailed well past the WR

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:23 pm

Everybody forgets that Thielen was hurt last year. Buffalo threw the ball 513 times last year, compared to 466 in Minnesota. Diggs went from a volume passing offense to another, but his target competition got worse.

His value shouldn’t go up, but I’m buying at a discount now.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:43 am Just heard this stat. Josh Allen's catchable target rate on passes of 20 or more yards down the field, was 37%, tied for dead last. Kirk Cousins catchable target rate when targeting Diggs 20 or more yards down the field was 77%. Yikes.
37% of 50 is 18 catchall balls.

77% of 10 is 8 catchable balls.

It's an exaggeration but you get the picture.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:32 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:00 am

Well obviously Allen would have thrown more balls down field than Diggs had deep targets. However, I'll give you the actual numbers.

Diggs had 28 deep targets last year, good for number 5 in the league. Cousins targeted him heavily down the field. Allen had 72 deep targets total good for 8th best in the league. So 37 percent of those meant 26.64 targets were catchable, total. Cousins catchable deep targets to Diggs on his 28 targets were 21.56. So Cousins threw almost as many catchable targets to Diggs on Deep balls as Allen did to everyone last year.

To go further, John Brown also had 28 deep targets, same as Diggs. If you take that 37 percent average from Allen, the same catchable target rate would equate to 10.3 catchable targets, compared to 21.56 from Cousins on the same amount of targets. That's a huge difference in efficiency, and therefor productivity when it comes to the deep ball.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:06 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:32 am

Well obviously Allen would have thrown more balls down field than Diggs had deep targets. However, I'll give you the actual numbers.

Diggs had 28 deep targets last year, good for number 5 in the league. Cousins targeted him heavily down the field. Allen had 72 deep targets total good for 8th best in the league. So 37 percent of those meant 26.64 targets were catchable, total. Cousins catchable deep targets to Diggs on his 28 targets were 21.56. So Cousins threw almost as many catchable targets to Diggs on Deep balls as Allen did to everyone last year.

To go further, John Brown also had 28 deep targets, same as Diggs. If you take that 37 percent average from Allen, the same catchable target rate would equate to 10.3 catchable targets, compared to 21.56 from Cousins on the same amount of targets. That's a huge difference in efficiency, and therefor productivity when it comes to the deep ball.
cheers.

i didn't watch any vikings games last year. or bills games actually.

it was just the vibe i had. plus a bit of a joke as well.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:51 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:06 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:32 am

cheers.

i didn't watch any vikings games last year. or bills games actually.

it was just the vibe i had. plus a bit of a joke as well.
No worries. I figured it was a bit tongue in cheek, but since I had the numbers I figured I'd share.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:51 am

Diggs had a mere 94 targets in the Vikings offense, which ranked 48th league wide, and was very low for a WR1. There’s a good shot in Buffalo he sees the most targets. The efficiency of Allen may be less than that of Kirk, especially in regards to downfield throwing, but the hope is with the right talent around Allen, and a true WR 1 in diggs, that Allen takes another jump from year 2 to 3 like he did from year 1 to 2.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:11 am

Kmani6 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:51 am Diggs had a mere 94 targets in the Vikings offense, which ranked 48th league wide, and was very low for a WR1. There’s a good shot in Buffalo he sees the most targets. The efficiency of Allen may be less than that of Kirk, especially in regards to downfield throwing, but the hope is with the right talent around Allen, and a true WR 1 in diggs, that Allen takes another jump from year 2 to 3 like he did from year 1 to 2.
I agree, and Diggs may be the number 1 in Buffalo, but he's never been a true number 1. He wasn't that for his first 5 years, anyway. I think Diggs will certainly see more targets, however Allen actually regressed for year 1 to year 2 in certain efficiency aspects as a passer (such as deep ball). I really don't think he's ever going to be a great passer, but he is a decent dual threat QB, and Diggs certainly fits with the Bills window to win. QB on a rookie deal, Brady gone, and the Pats losing key players on D. I think they paid a lot, but it makes sense given where their team is at, with a quality D and a division that is ripe for the taking.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:36 am

The one thing I'll say about Allen and his deep ball is I've seen him play every game. Sometimes multiple times.

He was much more aggressive year one with the deep ball. One positive was that he would put it in a spot where the WR could make a play on it. The bad part is that for some reason he was throwing into double coverage way too much and got picked a bunch.

I vividly remember Daboll going off on him on the sidelines a couple times after throwing the picks.

Now this past year Allen did throw the deep ball and thankfully it was usually in a one on one coverage. However he wasn't throwing the ball to the WR he usually threw it to a spot just beyond the WR but far away from the defender. Each one of his deep throws the defender was far enough away that he didnt even get a hand on it or come close. I think Allen was really worried about getting picked.

That tells me that Allen at least knows not to throw into double coverage, and if he can regain his aggressiveness and worry less about getting picked off by putting it closer to his WR hes going to connect on his deep ball far more often.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:39 am

I think Diggs and Allen will work well when he scrambles to buy time, which he seems to make his toughest throws (as opposed to in the pocket). Saw today that Buffalo is the only team with 2 1000+yard receivers and a third with 60+ catches. Probably just another football stat we did not really need, but the weapons are there, TE progressing. The Oline is solid, especially if Waddle comes back and plays well. Tough schedule, too, though that was the general theme preseason last year. It ended up being ome of the easier ones.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry