Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Re: Diggs traded to Buffalo

Postby dustyroads » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:32 am

Never Veto wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:11 am
dustyroads wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:22 am Lastly, not to you specifically FF, but anyone who doesn't see Diggs as an elite WR in the NFL isn't watching the game. He's without a doubt one of the leagues best route runners. Say what you want about his "drama" or being a "cancer" (which I think are grossly overblown and half the time seem to be coming from Vikings fans), but I don't see how his talent can be debated. He's been routinely one of the highest graded WRs year after year despite being in a terrible situation.
He's not Elite. Julio is Elite, Thomas is Elite, Antonio Brown when he played was Elite. On a FF basis if you have to play against one of those guys, you're saying oh $h!t. No one is saying that about Diggs. Sure great route runner, but it doesn't matter if your not on the field due to injury, or your great route running is compromised because your always injured. Also a terrible situation would be Mitch Trubisky throwing you the ball.
Again, I’ll step back my statement he’s currently elite. I get that argument against that. I do think he has elite traits and the potential to take his game to that tier though. Subjective belief incoming, but maybe we’ll find out this year due to the trade, I think coaches would say “oh sht” when looking at Diggs on film and that’s what resulted to Thielan putting up top 10 numbers in 2017 and 18. No way to really prove it till this upcoming season.

I do think the injury thing is another overstatement though. He’s missed 3 games the past 3 seasons due to injury. I think that’s pretty solid. Yeah I see him on the injury report a lot of weeks, but I’d prefer a receiver who at least plays through those injuries. And if he’s still putting up WR2 numbers despite that, I don’t really see how it can be posed as an argument against him.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:32 am

Never Veto wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:33 am I think some of you are over stating how good Diggs is. Is he talented? Yeah, but he is not Elite plain and simple. The Vikes traded a good WR with baggage for 4 draft picks. My guess is his baggage will still exist in Buffalo.
He's an elite route runner in the same breath as Thomas, Hopkins, and the best in the game. The production just hasn't aligned.

Buffalo certainly gave up a wealth of draft picks that would indicate they plan to use him more, but who knows. At the very least, I don't think his production gets worse.

Ball is in Allen's court now. Diggs and Brown are two very good WRs, and they still have a solid slot guy in Beasley as well.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:35 am

Not sure how good it is fantasy-wise for Diggs. But I like Allen and even Knox more now. Especially with the Pats likely to be very average the next few years without Brady.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

TheGunSlinger
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheGunSlinger » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Love this deal for Buffalo, yes they moved a 1st and a 4th in 2021, the 5th and 6th rounders were ones acquired for OL they traded away last year, so they still have picks in rounds 2-7. He adds such a difference to the WR core that it makes things super interesting. Knox's value will increase and if can catch at a higher rate the sky is the limit.

As for Diggs, I want to see if I can snag him, but I know the owner is a huge bills fan. Would you move McLaurin or Deebo for him in a rebuild?

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:43 pm

I don't see this as a huge price for Diggs. Pick 22 and some day 3 picks seems fair for a very good WR on a reasonable contract.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:44 pm

I invested in Josh Allen in both my SF leagues last year. So I love this move for my Allen shares. I think he surprises some folks and improves as a passer a bit. Nothing crazy, but it won't have to be much improvement if he maintains 80% of his rushing productivity to move into top half QB1 productivity. Sounds crazy to say, but I see it happening.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:19 pm

I see it as a lateral move at worst and most likely a nice bump up. Allen produced a high end WR2 in Brown and a high end WR3 in Beasley last year. Diggs is much much better.

Diggs is so close to being elite IMO. He was open sooo much in minny, and cousins refused to throw his way sooo often. As a poster mentioned above, I am not sure why this was. A combination of cousins being safe, a poor o line at times, or theilen taking away targets all factored most likely. Will a change of scenery in buffalo move him into that elite category? Not sure.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:36 pm

jomaed wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:19 pm I see it as a lateral move at worst and most likely a nice bump up. Allen produced a high end WR2 in Brown and a high end WR3 in Beasley last year. Diggs is much much better.

Diggs is so close to being elite IMO. He was open sooo much in minny, and cousins refused to throw his way sooo often. As a poster mentioned above, I am not sure why this was. A combination of cousins being safe, a poor o line at times, or theilen taking away targets all factored most likely. Will a change of scenery in buffalo move him into that elite category? Not sure.

I'd put my money on no. I don't like the landing spot at all. Another low volume passing attack with an erratic QB. Even if he commanded a 25 percent target share, based on their pass attempts, he'd be around 115 targets.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Overall downgrade for Diggs in my opinion

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:47 pm

This trade puts into perspective the real value of Hopkins which obviously wasn't much in NFL circles. Had the Bills wanted Hopkins they certainly could have gotten him for much less draft capital.

Looks like the Bills paid a premium but his contract is very friendly which is why he cost a bit more in draft compensation to offset the 15 million dollar signing bonus compared to a Cooper acquisition as an example. Diggs is locked up through the 2023 season at around 12 million per season. That is cheap for a #1 wr.

He is a good scheme fit. His YPC was 17.9 last season as he excelled in deep ball catches. The Bills need to stretch the defense.

Could be a win win for both teams if the Vikings pick wisely.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:07 pm

The trade is good for Allen but possibly a downgrade for Diggs.

The Bills with Allen have spread the ball around quite a bit. Now Allen does hang onto the ball way too long, so long that the WR run routes are done and lots of improvisation occurs. Allen tends to chuck it to whoever is open. Diggs speciality is getting open so that should help.

The Bills also like to run the ball as well.

I just dont trust the Bills offence to be consistent week to week.

Diggs is going to be used in the old I Mackenzie role. Mostly outside but some snaps from the inside. Hes also going to get some screen passes and do some jet sweeps.

J Brown finished as the WR 20 in half ppr this year. He had 115 targets.

I'm going to assume that Diggs becomes the primary WR and J Brown the secondary guy but there are a lot of mouths to feed.

I'd be surprised if Diggs was higher than 20th in half ppr again
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:30 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:47 pm This trade puts into perspective the real value of Hopkins which obviously wasn't much in NFL circles. Had the Bills wanted Hopkins they certainly could have gotten him for much less draft capital.
Sorry, flat out wrong. It's fairly well known at this point that BOB didn't shop Hopkins around, and there are many GM's right now wishing that they had gotten a chance to bid.

If you think Hopkins is an unwanted or devalued asset to any of the 32, then I also have a bridge to sell you. I just wonder what's going to happen when/if DJ fails his physical...

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:23 pm

mild wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:30 pm
Ice wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:47 pm This trade puts into perspective the real value of Hopkins which obviously wasn't much in NFL circles. Had the Bills wanted Hopkins they certainly could have gotten him for much less draft capital.
Sorry, flat out wrong. It's fairly well known at this point that BOB didn't shop Hopkins around, and there are many GM's right now wishing that they had gotten a chance to bid.

If you think Hopkins is an unwanted or devalued asset to any of the 32, then I also have a bridge to sell you. I just wonder what's going to happen when/if DJ fails his physical...
Absolutely.

BOB made a statement with this trade. If this offer has come across any GM’s table, they would have been have been all over it.

Ice, this is ridiculous.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Sources? I know the Eagles inquired, and did not want to pay the price, so that's at least 1 team that didn't seem to want to pay. BTW, people need to bake in the contract upgrade that Hopkins wants. Supposedly asking for close to 20 million, and has 3 years left on his current deal. So most teams probably weren't willing to pay as much draft capital due to that. Diggs fits what the Bills are trying to do, and his contract will be cheaper than Hopkins new deal. They most certainly could have had Hopkins for the price they paid for Diggs had they wanted him. The idea that Hopkins was available was not a massive secret to all 32 NFL teams. Ice isn't as far off as you think. The reality is that there simply aren't as many teams that have a cap situation that can pay a WR 20 million, or as many NFL GM's that want to pay a WR that much. It's a smaller market for a guy like Hopkins due to that.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020 ... ee-agency/
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:13 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Sources? I know the Eagles inquired, and did not want to pay the price, so that's at least 1 team that didn't seem to want to pay. BTW, people need to bake in the contract upgrade that Hopkins wants. Supposedly asking for close to 20 million, and has 3 years left on his current deal. So most teams probably weren't willing to pay as much draft capital due to that. Diggs fits what the Bills are trying to do, and his contract will be cheaper than Hopkins new deal. They most certainly could have had Hopkins for the price they paid for Diggs had they wanted him. The idea that Hopkins was available was not a massive secret to all 32 NFL teams. Ice isn't as far off as you think. The reality is that there simply aren't as many teams that have a cap situation that can pay a WR 20 million, or as many NFL GM's that want to pay a WR that much. It's a smaller market for a guy like Hopkins due to that.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020 ... ee-agency/
That’s one team. Hopkins deserves and has earned the right to be one of the highest paid WRs in the league. O’Brien didn’t like him, made egregious cap mistakes and took the first out that that came his way.

Freak, not sure exactly what you’re issue with Hopkins is here but the dude is a beast and even in a down year he was PPR WR3.
Last edited by RB6 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst