Christian Kirk Value Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
djeternal2
Captain
Captain
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:29 pm

IZigUZag wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:23 pm
1. Kirk racked up 1,000 yards receiving as a true freshman at Texas A&M.
2. Christian Kirk outproduced Larry Fitzgerald as a rookie.
3. Kirk's 26.8% dominator rating was 23rd in the NFL among WRs, as a rookie. This means he likely would've been a 1,000+ yard receiver if the Cardinals threw for even 4,000 yards-- which should be very attainable in an up tempo, high passing volume offense.

Kirk came into the league as a very good prospect, and has already proven to be a quality NFL receiver.

4. Most receivers make a massive jump from year 1 to year 2.
5. His competition for touches are now a year odler (Fitz), and 2 very green receivers that are struggling through OTAs; and one rookie Receiver taken in the 6th round.
6. He ran a similar offense in college, putting him even further ahead of the curb.

So he's a quality receiver that could become even better this season, and his new competition are incredibly overrated at least for this season. And while we don't know exactly how things are going to shake out in the long term, Kirk came into the NFL with by far the most impressive college profile.

The potential that this offense blows up is there, but I like Kirk's chances of at least being a 1,000 yard 6TD receiver this season; with the potential to become a building block for your fantasy team.
I like Kirk. I think he's got plenty of upside; but, I don't know how you can say that he's already proven to be a quality NFL WR. He had 43 590 3 in his rookie season. He showed flashes on a bad AZ team.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Sriracha
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:42 pm

djeternal2 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:29 pm

I like Kirk. I think he's got plenty of upside; but, I don't know how you can say that he's already proven to be a quality NFL WR. He had 43 590 3 in his rookie season. He showed flashes on a bad AZ team.
1. Kirk racked up 1,000 yards receiving as a true freshman at Texas A&M.
2. Christian Kirk outproduced Larry Fitzgerald as a rookie.
3. Kirk's 26.8% dominator rating was 23rd in the NFL among WRs, as a rookie. This means he likely would've been a 1,000+ yard receiver if the Cardinals threw for even 4,000 yards-- which should be very attainable in an up tempo, high passing volume offense.
That's my process. His production as a rookie was very impressive. Because he was in such a bad offense, his production has to be measured in context; which is why I used his dominator rating to compare his production with other receivers in better offenses.

It's not a perfect system; obviously elite receivers elevate their offenses (AJG, Julio Jones for instance)... but I think it tells you a lot more than his raw counting stats from an offense that only threw for 2523 yards and in a season where he only played 12.5 games.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:49 pm

IZigUZag wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:42 pm
djeternal2 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:29 pm

I like Kirk. I think he's got plenty of upside; but, I don't know how you can say that he's already proven to be a quality NFL WR. He had 43 590 3 in his rookie season. He showed flashes on a bad AZ team.
1. Kirk racked up 1,000 yards receiving as a true freshman at Texas A&M.
2. Christian Kirk outproduced Larry Fitzgerald as a rookie.
3. Kirk's 26.8% dominator rating was 23rd in the NFL among WRs, as a rookie. This means he likely would've been a 1,000+ yard receiver if the Cardinals threw for even 4,000 yards-- which should be very attainable in an up tempo, high passing volume offense.
That's my process. His production as a rookie was very impressive. Because he was in such a bad offense, his production has to be measured in context; which is why I used his dominator rating to compare his production with other receivers in better offenses.

It's not a perfect system; obviously elite receivers elevate their offenses (AJG, Julio Jones for instance)... but I think it tells you a lot more than his raw counting stats from an offense that only threw for 2523 yards and in a season where he only played 12.5 games.
I never said he can't get better which is why I started with saying i like Kirk. But in no way has he shown that he's a quality NFL WR. Especially considering one of your 3 points has to do with college stats not NFL. Not sure what you are looking at for #2 since pro football reference shows Fitz putting up 58 780 8 in his rookie year. So that leaves #3 and even that is suspect since you are extrapolating out what his stats may have been if AZ was a better team last year. I hate to say it if AZ was better last year his stats would have likely gone up but most of that would've gone to DJ & Fitz the 1 & 2 in AZ last year. Again I like him as a prospect but to say he's already a proven quality NFL WR is just false.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Sriracha
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:00 pm

djeternal2 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:49 pm
IZigUZag wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:42 pm
djeternal2 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:29 pm

I like Kirk. I think he's got plenty of upside; but, I don't know how you can say that he's already proven to be a quality NFL WR. He had 43 590 3 in his rookie season. He showed flashes on a bad AZ team.
1. Kirk racked up 1,000 yards receiving as a true freshman at Texas A&M.
2. Christian Kirk outproduced Larry Fitzgerald as a rookie.
3. Kirk's 26.8% dominator rating was 23rd in the NFL among WRs, as a rookie. This means he likely would've been a 1,000+ yard receiver if the Cardinals threw for even 4,000 yards-- which should be very attainable in an up tempo, high passing volume offense.
That's my process. His production as a rookie was very impressive. Because he was in such a bad offense, his production has to be measured in context; which is why I used his dominator rating to compare his production with other receivers in better offenses.

It's not a perfect system; obviously elite receivers elevate their offenses (AJG, Julio Jones for instance)... but I think it tells you a lot more than his raw counting stats from an offense that only threw for 2523 yards and in a season where he only played 12.5 games.
I never said he can't get better which is why I started with saying i like Kirk. But in no way has he shown that he's a quality NFL WR. Especially considering one of your 3 points has to do with college stats not NFL. Not sure what you are looking at for #2 since pro football reference shows Fitz putting up 58 780 8 in his rookie year. So that leaves #3 and even that is suspect since you are extrapolating out what his stats may have been if AZ was a better team last year. I hate to say it if AZ was better last year his stats would have likely gone up but most of that would've gone to DJ & Fitz the 1 & 2 in AZ last year. Again I like him as a prospect but to say he's already a proven quality NFL WR is just false.
No, I mean he outproduced Larry Fitzgerald while they were both healthy, in 2018...

I mentioned his college production to say that he entered the NFL with a very good chance to succeed, and has demonstrated that ability in the NFL.

You're really underestimating how important he was to that offense... since Josh Rosen took over center in week 3 until Kirk got injured the team averaged 16.9 ppg; after that the team averaged 12.5 ppg against some very soft defenses.

It's cool if you don't agree with my process. You seem to be one of those guys that needs to see it (raw stats), to believe it, which is fine. I'm perfectly fine trying to analyze data in context. Agree to disagree, man. :thumbup:

djeternal2
Captain
Captain
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 pm

IZigUZag wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:00 pm


No, I mean he outproduced Larry Fitzgerald while they were both healthy, in 2018...

I mentioned his college production to say that he entered the NFL with a very good chance to succeed, and has demonstrated that ability in the NFL.

You're really underestimating how important he was to that offense... since Josh Rosen took over center in week 3 until Kirk got injured the team averaged 16.9 ppg; after that the team averaged 12.5 ppg against some very soft defenses.

It's cool if you don't agree with my process. You seem to be one of those guys that needs to see it (raw stats), to believe it, which is fine. I'm perfectly fine trying to analyze data in context. Agree to disagree, man. :thumbup:
I don't think you understand what the word proven means. You can have whatever system you want to project players but that does not make them proven.


proven
/ˈpro͞ovn/

adjective

demonstrated by evidence or argument to be true or existing.
"a proven ability to work hard"

(of a new method, system, or treatment) tried and tested.


Also if you are stating a stat you might want to provide the context when you quote it. It would clear up any misinterpretations. Like for instance saying Kirk outperformed Fitz in 2018 when they were both healthy is much clearer than just saying Kirk outperformed Fitz as a rookie. And just did the #s

Kirk: 43 590 3 = 120 pts
Fitz: 47 503 5 = 127 pts
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Sriracha
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:33 pm

djeternal2 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 pm
IZigUZag wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:00 pm


No, I mean he outproduced Larry Fitzgerald while they were both healthy, in 2018...

I mentioned his college production to say that he entered the NFL with a very good chance to succeed, and has demonstrated that ability in the NFL.

You're really underestimating how important he was to that offense... since Josh Rosen took over center in week 3 until Kirk got injured the team averaged 16.9 ppg; after that the team averaged 12.5 ppg against some very soft defenses.

It's cool if you don't agree with my process. You seem to be one of those guys that needs to see it (raw stats), to believe it, which is fine. I'm perfectly fine trying to analyze data in context. Agree to disagree, man. :thumbup:
I don't think you understand what the word proven means. You can have whatever system you want to project players but that does not make them proven.


proven
/ˈpro͞ovn/

adjective

demonstrated by evidence or argument to be true or existing.
"a proven ability to work hard"

(of a new method, system, or treatment) tried and tested.


Also if you are stating a stat you might want to provide the context when you quote it. It would clear up any misinterpretations. Like for instance saying Kirk outperformed Fitz in 2018 when they were both healthy is much clearer than just saying Kirk outperformed Fitz as a rookie. And just did the #s

Kirk: 43 590 3 = 120 pts
Fitz: 47 503 5 = 127 pts
We just have ideological differences on what constitutes a proven NFL player. In my opinion, you don't have to have the raw counting stats to be a quality NFL player; just like the converse is true.. just because you have the raw counting stats doesn't necessarily mean you are either. Kirk was by far the most efficient receiver in that offense, the offense's ppg went down after he was injured indicating that he was indeed elevating the offense to some degree; which is rare for a rookie WR. When you combine this with his college resume, I'm as sure as I can be that he's already proven he's at least a quality NFL WR... he was likely already a good receiver in his rookie year.

The fact that Fitz outproduced him (fantasty wise, not receiving yards) with a non-sticky stat like TD's on far more targets is pretty irrelevant. If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty with that statement Fitzgerald caught a 32 yard pass after Kirk was injured in that game... but Either way, it's close.. and you're really focusing on the wrong details here. He was comparably productive to Fitzgerald as a 21 year old rookie... that's the facet of my argument you should be focusing on.
Also if you are stating a stat you might want to provide the context when you quote it. It would clear up any misinterpretations. Like for instance saying Kirk outperformed Fitz in 2018 when they were both healthy is much clearer than just saying Kirk outperformed Fitz as a rookie
Or.. now this is a crazy idea; but you could also use your critical thinking skills to clear up very obvious ambiguity in statements. :ewink:

djeternal2
Captain
Captain
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:45 pm

IZigUZag wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:33 pm
djeternal2 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 pm
IZigUZag wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:00 pm


No, I mean he outproduced Larry Fitzgerald while they were both healthy, in 2018...

I mentioned his college production to say that he entered the NFL with a very good chance to succeed, and has demonstrated that ability in the NFL.

You're really underestimating how important he was to that offense... since Josh Rosen took over center in week 3 until Kirk got injured the team averaged 16.9 ppg; after that the team averaged 12.5 ppg against some very soft defenses.

It's cool if you don't agree with my process. You seem to be one of those guys that needs to see it (raw stats), to believe it, which is fine. I'm perfectly fine trying to analyze data in context. Agree to disagree, man. :thumbup:
I don't think you understand what the word proven means. You can have whatever system you want to project players but that does not make them proven.


proven
/ˈpro͞ovn/

adjective

demonstrated by evidence or argument to be true or existing.
"a proven ability to work hard"

(of a new method, system, or treatment) tried and tested.


Also if you are stating a stat you might want to provide the context when you quote it. It would clear up any misinterpretations. Like for instance saying Kirk outperformed Fitz in 2018 when they were both healthy is much clearer than just saying Kirk outperformed Fitz as a rookie. And just did the #s

Kirk: 43 590 3 = 120 pts
Fitz: 47 503 5 = 127 pts
We just have ideological differences on what constitutes a proven NFL player. In my opinion, you don't have to have the raw counting stats to be a quality NFL player; just like the converse is true.. just because you have the raw counting stats doesn't necessarily mean you are either. Kirk was by far the most efficient receiver in that offense, the offense's ppg went down after he was injured indicating that he was indeed elevating the offense to some degree; which is rare for a rookie WR. When you combine this with his college resume, I'm as sure as I can be that he's already proven he's at least a quality NFL WR... he was likely already a good receiver in his rookie year.

The fact that Fitz outproduced him (fantasty wise, not receiving yards) with a non-sticky stat like TD's on far more targets is pretty irrelevant. If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty with that statement Fitzgerald caught a 32 yard pass after Kirk was injured in that game... but Either way, it's close.. and you're really focusing on the wrong details here. He was comparably productive to Fitzgerald as a 21 year old rookie... that's the facet of my argument you should be focusing on.
Also if you are stating a stat you might want to provide the context when you quote it. It would clear up any misinterpretations. Like for instance saying Kirk outperformed Fitz in 2018 when they were both healthy is much clearer than just saying Kirk outperformed Fitz as a rookie
Or.. now this is a crazy idea; but you could also use your critical thinking skills to clear up very obvious ambiguity in statements. :ewink:
I'm done with this discussion because obviously you don't understand the words you use. As for my critical thinking skills most people compare apples to apples not apples to oranges. So comparing both of their rookie seasons is logical. Not comparing a rookie season to a 15 year veteran who is clearly on the downside of his career and going so far as to break it down in game to valid your stats. BTW 9 targets is far more to you? That's the difference between Fitz & Kirk last year.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Sriracha
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:01 pm

I mean, the chance that Fitzgerald has begun his inevitable cliff drop is there... but he's one year removed from an 100+ reception 1,100 yard season. Odds are he was still much better than 99% of all rookie receivers, even himself as a rookie, in 2018.

I don't see the point of comparing Kirk's rookie season to Fitzgerald's when his rookie season was in an entirely different era of NFL football; but let's just move on from here :lol: I obviously underestimated how clear my statement was. Apologies

User avatar
gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby gameaholica » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:38 pm

Have an offer for Kirk, 2019 1.8, 2019 1.11, and I would receive Todd Gurley.

Sorry, typed Gordon instead of Gurley. :wall:
Last edited by gameaholica on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (10 keeper-Standard)
QB: Mahomes | Trubisky
RB: Barkely | Kamara | Gurley |Guice | Love |David Johnson |
WR: Chark | Beckham | Hopkins | TY Hilton | R. Anderson | Harry|C Davis
TE: H. Henry | OJ Howard|
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-RB/WR/TE-K-DEF

hoos89
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby hoos89 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:36 pm

gameaholica wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:38 pm
Have an offer for Kirk, 2019 1.8, 2019 1.11, and I would receive Melvin Gordon.
I don't love Gordon, but that seems like crazy value for him to me given that 1.8 and 1.11 in this year's draft aren't all that valuable.
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2020 Runner-up
Rodgers, Tannehill, Wentz
Taylor, Jacobs, Ekeler, Conner, D. Harris, McKinnon, Ahmed, Guice, Michel
AJB, Aiyuk, DJM, Claypool, Slayton, MVS, Agholor, J. Gordon
Andrews, Eifert, Herndon
IR(3): Sutton, Gaskin, Love
Taxi(4): Tua, G. Davis, Bowden
2021 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.11, 3.02, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Tannehill, Tua, Bridgewater, Eason
Barkley, CEH, Ito, J. Jackson, Bowden, Homer, Love, Guice
J. Jefferson, McLaurin, T. Higgins, Jeudy, Cooks, Berrios, Byrd, Foster, Hansen, Harmon, C. Johnson, T. Johnson, Pettis
Hooper, Eifert, Herndon
2021 Picks: 1.04, 1.07, 1.08, 1.11, 2.03, 2.04, 2.07, 2.08, 2.09, 3.11, 4.04

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

PTW32
Starter
Starter
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby PTW32 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:55 pm

My 2 cents

I like Kirk alot and I like his potential in that offense but i wouldnt say hes proven just yet.

However, it was pretty obvious he was comparing Kirks rookie year to Fitz in the same offense last year.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Lamar, Rodgers
RB: Dalvin, Conner, Gaskin, Lindsay, Mattison, Mckissic
WR: Godwin, Golladay, Boyd, John Brown, Aiyuk, Fulgham
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Logan Thomas

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Baker, Lock, Ryan
RB: Barkley, CEH, Jonathan Taylor, Dobbins, Dion Lewis, Damian Williams, Mattison,
WR: Diggs, Arob, Cortland Sutton, Robert Woods, Lockett, Lamb, Diontae, TreQuan Smith, Randall Cobb, Andy Isabella
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Irv Smith Jr

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex, DL, LB, DB

QB: Goff, Stafford
RB: CMC, CEH, Mixon, Swift, Dobbins, Scott, Kerryon, Bernard
WR: Godwin, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Arob, Lamb, Keenan, Bryan Edwards
TE: Kittle, Hockenson, Schultz
DL: JJ Watt
LB: Cunningham
DB: J. Johnson

User avatar
gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Christian Kirk Post-Draft Value

Postby gameaholica » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:26 am

hoos89 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:36 pm
gameaholica wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:38 pm
Have an offer for Kirk, 2019 1.8, 2019 1.11, and I would receive Melvin Gordon.
I don't love Gordon, but that seems like crazy value for him to me given that 1.8 and 1.11 in this year's draft aren't all that valuable.
I typed Gordon, but meant Todd Gurley. I was reading up on Gordon when I posted. By the way, I accepted the trade just now.
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (10 keeper-Standard)
QB: Mahomes | Trubisky
RB: Barkely | Kamara | Gurley |Guice | Love |David Johnson |
WR: Chark | Beckham | Hopkins | TY Hilton | R. Anderson | Harry|C Davis
TE: H. Henry | OJ Howard|
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-RB/WR/TE-K-DEF

Benchwarmer101
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:16 pm

Kirk Value with Hopkins trade

Postby Benchwarmer101 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:39 pm

Does this trade hurt or help Kirk?
Team 1
12 team Superflex TE premium 23 roster 3 taxi 3 IR 1st year rebuild.10 starters 1QB, 2-4RB, 3-6WR, 1-Superflex 1-4TE
2020 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09, 3.09
QB: Mahomes, Tua, Brissett, Haskins, Glennon
RB: Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Dillon, K Johnson,Justin Jackson, L. Perine
WR: Godwin, D.J. Moore, Boyd, D Samuel, Dionte Johnson, Jeudy, Edwards, Harry, P Williams, Mooney, DPJ, Tyler Johnson, Guyton
TE: Andrews, Geseki, Jonu Smith, L Thomas, Harrison Bryant

Team 2 2019 2nd place
12 team Superflex TE premium .5 first downs 30 man roster 2 IR 10 starters 1QB 2 RB 2 WR 1TE 3 Flex 1 Superflex 3rd, 4th, 5th
QB Ryan, Tannehill, Lock, Alan,
RB Elliot, James Robinson, Akers, Carson, Mostert, Fournette, Penny, Dallas, Pollard, Ahmed
WR Godwin, Mclaurin, Thielen, Locket, Harry, Edwards, David Moore, Pascal, Myers, Q Watkins, M Calloway
TE Waller, Ertz, Akins, Tonyan, Shultz, Warring

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Kirk Value with Hopkins trade

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:40 pm

It certainly doesn't help IMO. Kirk was never a number 1, though. It caps his upside, though, for sure.

Mtt33
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1591
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:19 pm

Re: Kirk Value with Hopkins trade

Postby Mtt33 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Hurts for 2020 maybe with fitz there but I don’t think it hurts him long term. I don’t think teams focusing on Hopkins is a bad thing.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dshank87, Google [Bot], OhCruelestRanter, Seventy5, TimeWillTell and 7 guests