What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:16 pm

I have opened up a topic in the "Off-Topic" forum, where we can continue to discuss the non Fantasy Football takes and discussion on COVID.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=203828
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:22 pm The NFL need to make some concessions if they want to have a season that isn't a disaster. They have rightfully just cancelled the HOF game and inductions. The fact they are planning hard knocks, with 2 teams this year (of all years), jamming extra people, producers, film crew etc. is just plain negligent.
It is exactly that: negligent

We've seen the greed of billionaires during this pandemic. Not just in the sports world, but politically. Billionaires will kindly throw people to the wolves if it means lining their wallets.

They're not even trying. These players are going to be free to go anywhere they want, catch coronavirus, spread it, miss time, and the league will continue churning.

"We're all in this together!" - Billionaires who can watch the games from the comfort of their own home

Sucks for the players, because they can't really sit out with non-guaranteed contracts and roster spots that feature constant turnover.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:54 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:53 am So, I am up to 2 family members and 3 people I know that have passed due to Covid. 3 of them where under the age of 40 and not "high risk." I find it very difficult to read people being so cavalier about it. We are struggling to get past the curve because we are a selfish country. Wearing a mask and skipping dinner at your favorite restaraunt is just to difficult of an ask to save others.

This thing is real, you either know that or you will when it impacts you.

I have said on multiple occasions that I think the season will happen because too much money is involved. I know think differently. There is no good reason to play a sport during this. I hope the players stand up for themselves and the safety of their families
So sorry for your loss.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:53 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:32 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:22 pm The NFL need to make some concessions if they want to have a season that isn't a disaster. They have rightfully just cancelled the HOF game and inductions. The fact they are planning hard knocks, with 2 teams this year (of all years), jamming extra people, producers, film crew etc. is just plain negligent.
It is exactly that: negligent

We've seen the greed of billionaires during this pandemic. Not just in the sports world, but politically. Billionaires will kindly throw people to the wolves if it means lining their wallets.

They're not even trying. These players are going to be free to go anywhere they want, catch coronavirus, spread it, miss time, and the league will continue churning.

"We're all in this together!" - Billionaires who can watch the games from the comfort of their own home

Sucks for the players, because they can't really sit out with non-guaranteed contracts and roster spots that feature constant turnover.
I mean, they are still acting as if they are going to have fans. Tarping off the first 6-8 rows for the players "safety" is the biggest leap they've made. IMO, being from another country, and seeing how they have handled it, compared to basically the entire EU and Canada, it was botched from the top down. Things are getting worse, not better in the USA, while everywhere else I just mentioned is getting better.

Although sports leagues plan to go ahead, I have serious doubts that these leagues will be able to maintain there plans once they get into the open competition phase. I have my doubts NFL training camps, won't become a complete disaster, TBH, as they have a different set of obstacles to baseball, basketball, and hockey.

Snake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Snake » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:44 pm

Anybody thinking about compensatory picks?

For examples, any team that traded away a 1st round pick for a veteran player during the offseason receives a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2021.

If the worst teams are getting top picks again, does this help balance it out?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:37 pm

Snake wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:44 pm Anybody thinking about compensatory picks?

For examples, any team that traded away a 1st round pick for a veteran player during the offseason receives a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2021.

If the worst teams are getting top picks again, does this help balance it out?
No. Not going to complicate things further. Then you'd have to define what a "veteran" player is, and those who fell outside of that would complain that they traded for a player who is also losing a year, despite not being a veteran. What if you traded a projected early 2nd away for a vet? Do you get nothing? What if you traded a future first for a veteran, and then you traded that veteran, do you still get it. What if the team that traded for the future first, traded it to another team for a veteran. Do both teams who traded that future first get comp picks, watering down the talent pool further for teams not involved in these deals etc..etc. Just adds more of a mess. It's unfortunate, but that's part of the risk. Just like if you trade for a player that gets hurt a week later, it's unfortunate, but you have to deal with it.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:16 am

I know it will be hard to coordinate especially with the season approaching but the NFL needs to give some thought to a "bubble idea". These teams travelling is really stupid. So obviously it cant be a bubble in one city like NBA is doing. Thats too difficult for them But what if for instance they have teams that are in close proximity to each other regardless of conference or division play in states with low outbreaks. For instance Baltimore, Ny Jets and Giants, and Pats all play in the state of Maine, Miami, Carolina, Dallas etc all Play in Nebraska. Pakcers Detroit, Chicago etc all play in north dakota. I understand this is a strange idea but Rural states ( im saying rural not red, dont be a jerk and turn this political) will have a better time handling this due to low population density. Weird Idea but we need to think outside the box and i think something like this could work. NFL Schedule will also need to be changed completely

A) The NFL has enough money to do this and some states will take something like this on just for economic reasons. Some states will just be better equipped to handle this due to their rural nature. Granted playing in South Dakota in December will be the Ice Bowl but its seriously an idea they need to think about if they want to play.

B) While the NFL has a lot of staff many of them can still do their job remotely or up in the box. In an empty stadium all coaches and other staff can safely socially distance.

C It will be up to the individual players (im looking at you Zeke) and their families to abide by all the rules and regulations during the season. That will be the toughest part since some players are just not going to listen. They are obviously just like us and have all sorts of opinions on this thing and some will take it less seriously than others. Perhaps fines and penalties for players who are breaking the COVID rules.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:46 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:54 pm
murphysxm wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:53 am So, I am up to 2 family members and 3 people I know that have passed due to Covid. 3 of them where under the age of 40 and not "high risk." I find it very difficult to read people being so cavalier about it. We are struggling to get past the curve because we are a selfish country. Wearing a mask and skipping dinner at your favorite restaraunt is just to difficult of an ask to save others.

I have said on multiple occasions that I think the season will happen because too much money is involved. I know think differently. There is no good reason to play a sport during this. I hope the players stand up for themselves and the safety of their families
So sorry for your loss.
I appreciate that
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:34 am

The death rate has dropped really significantly. There would be no real reason to cancel the season other than to keep people from getting a little sick. It's not nearly as dangerous has when this started.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:09 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:48 pmOne thing I’ve noticed among those who want to treat this virus as though it’s “no big deal” is that their discussion of risk focuses entirely, 100% on mortality, and completely ignores the possibility of any morbidity that doesn’t result in death. Some of these people are going to experience lasting pulmonary, renal, cardiac, or other organ system dysfunction, and it will take a long time to quantify this risk.
Case in point:
TheNuts wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:34 amThe death rate has dropped really significantly. There would be no real reason to cancel the season other than to keep people from getting a little sick. It's not nearly as dangerous has when this started.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:16 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:09 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:48 pmOne thing I’ve noticed among those who want to treat this virus as though it’s “no big deal” is that their discussion of risk focuses entirely, 100% on mortality, and completely ignores the possibility of any morbidity that doesn’t result in death. Some of these people are going to experience lasting pulmonary, renal, cardiac, or other organ system dysfunction, and it will take a long time to quantify this risk.
Case in point:
TheNuts wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:34 amThe death rate has dropped really significantly. There would be no real reason to cancel the season other than to keep people from getting a little sick. It's not nearly as dangerous has when this started.
Ignorance is bliss, I suppose...

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:32 am

Case in point:
I'm not the one making the decisions on the league. There will be a season.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:50 am

TheNuts wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:32 am
Case in point:
Oh, ok. It's all settled then.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:03 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:46 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:54 pm

So sorry for your loss.
I appreciate that
So sorry to hear... prayers and positive thoughts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:20 pm

TheNuts wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:32 am
Case in point:
No, it isn't. There is a higher rate of people getting it in a younger age gap now. That drops the death rate, however, the danger is still the same, and actually worse, for the elderly. The more people that contract it, the more can spread it. The people in the age gap that typically die from it are now at greater risk, with more carriers, even though the death rate is dropping.