What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
wickerkat1212
Starter
Starter
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:23 am
Contact:

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:25 pm

I've had one draft already, as normal. In another now, also normal. Both dynasties. I like the idea of the 2021 rookie draft being a value on the picks you have, and then bidding. That's going to be a crazy draft.
D3:
QB—Lamar, Allen, Big Ben, Tyrod
RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard
WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Lazard, Hardman, Renfrow, Beasley, Claypool
TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
PK—Zuerlein
DEF—Ravens

D4:
QB—Watson, Stafford, Tyrod
RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Cohen, Howard, Breida, DWilliams, Edmonds
WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jeffery, Jefferson (R), Amendola, Miller, Watson, Dorsett
TE—IThomas, LThomas, DArnold, Kmet, Trautman
PK—Prater
DEF—Bears

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:58 am

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby ckrumm24 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:36 pm

Canceled or not we have an interesting dynamic in play for 2021 in my salary cap league. Our rules state that our salary cap is to be 80% of the actual NFL cap and there’s talk that the 2021 NFL cap is going to drastically reduced (it typically goes up ~10m a year). A few teams in our league are going to have big problems and need to drop startable players.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

TheNuts
Starter
Starter
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 4:56 am

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby TheNuts » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:16 pm

I already said not dropping starters to fill mandatory rister requirements on game day
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Shankopotamus
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:40 am

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby Shankopotamus » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:41 am

anyone feel like this second wave really putting the season in doubt? I was 100% convinced we'd have a season, but I'm not so sure now.
12 Team Super-Flex Dynasty (2019 Runner-Up)
1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE, IDP

QB- Jared Goff, Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Andy Dalton
RB- Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsey, James White, Cam Akers, Kerryon Johnson, Gus Edwards, A.J. Dillon, Jamychal Hasty, Salvon Ahmed
WR- Mike Evans, DJ Moore, Allen Robinson, Robert Woods, DK Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, Marvin Jones, Dante Pettis
TE-Mark Andrews, Noah Fant, Hayden Hurst, Jace Sternberger
DL-Chris Jones, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen, Akeim Hicks, Montez Sweat
LB Zach Cunningham, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Devin White, Devin Bush, T.J. Edwards
DB-John Johnson, Bradley McDougald, Chuck Clark, Taylor Rapp, Josh Jones, Jeremy Chinn, Ronnie Harrison
K-Younghoe Koo

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8749
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 am

Shankopotamus wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:41 am
anyone feel like this second wave really putting the season in doubt? I was 100% convinced we'd have a season, but I'm not so sure now.
Yeah this thing isn't going away. The other 3 major sports trying to get up and going is a joke... The NFL going forward with it at this point is looking like a pretty bad idea too. Imagine them trying to have the season but a bunch of players (whether it's half on one team or a few stars around the league) get sick. I don't see how that's a good thing for anyone involved. I don't want to watch a season full of backups playing
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones
RB: JT, Mostert, Gaskin, Dillon, Mattison, Snell, McKissic
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston (IR), Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.05-1.10, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Trubisky
RB: Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Penny (IR), Snell, Wilkins
WR: AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel, Mooney, Lazard, G. Davis
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 1.03, 2, 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

TheNuts
Starter
Starter
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 4:56 am

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby TheNuts » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:32 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 am
Shankopotamus wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:41 am
anyone feel like this second wave really putting the season in doubt? I was 100% convinced we'd have a season, but I'm not so sure now.
Yeah this thing isn't going away. The other 3 major sports trying to get up and going is a joke... The NFL going forward with it at this point is looking like a pretty bad idea too. Imagine them trying to have the season but a bunch of players (whether it's half on one team or a few stars around the league) get sick. I don't see how that's a good thing for anyone involved. I don't want to watch a season full of backups playing
I don't either. We also don't know how long covid will be around infecting people. Do we just cancel sports for a few years?
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8749
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:37 am

TheNuts wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:32 am
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 am
Shankopotamus wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:41 am
anyone feel like this second wave really putting the season in doubt? I was 100% convinced we'd have a season, but I'm not so sure now.
Yeah this thing isn't going away. The other 3 major sports trying to get up and going is a joke... The NFL going forward with it at this point is looking like a pretty bad idea too. Imagine them trying to have the season but a bunch of players (whether it's half on one team or a few stars around the league) get sick. I don't see how that's a good thing for anyone involved. I don't want to watch a season full of backups playing
I don't either. We also don't know how long covid will be around infecting people. Do we just cancel sports for a few years?
Well, the thing is, some countries actually quarantined properly and got rid of it. The US is not one of those countries so I don't see where it's actually going to stop if people keep spreading it. I'd assume there would be a vaccine soon, but I'd have guessed there would have already been one...
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones
RB: JT, Mostert, Gaskin, Dillon, Mattison, Snell, McKissic
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston (IR), Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.05-1.10, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Trubisky
RB: Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, Penny (IR), Snell, Wilkins
WR: AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel, Mooney, Lazard, G. Davis
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 1.03, 2, 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

TheNuts
Starter
Starter
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 4:56 am

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby TheNuts » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:57 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:37 am
TheNuts wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:32 am
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 am


Yeah this thing isn't going away. The other 3 major sports trying to get up and going is a joke... The NFL going forward with it at this point is looking like a pretty bad idea too. Imagine them trying to have the season but a bunch of players (whether it's half on one team or a few stars around the league) get sick. I don't see how that's a good thing for anyone involved. I don't want to watch a season full of backups playing
I don't either. We also don't know how long covid will be around infecting people. Do we just cancel sports for a few years?
Well, the thing is, some countries actually quarantined properly and got rid of it. The US is not one of those countries so I don't see where it's actually going to stop if people keep spreading it. I'd assume there would be a vaccine soon, but I'd have guessed there would have already been one...
A vaccine already? Vaccines take well over a year to create. Plus it's not a given. The flu vaccine is a guess and doesn't always work.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:43 am

I’m starting to worry about the season.

Here’s what the NBA is doing:
22 teams, no fans, running July-October, and everybody is isolating at Disney World. Seems like pretty serious precautions are being taken to make sure they can have a season.

What’s the NFL doing? Seems like they’re just marching forward without much of a change in plans, other than testing players and isolating the positives. It seems like they’re banking on the fact that most of these guys are in a financial situation where they’ll just tolerate the risk and play because their window to earn money they need for the rest of their life is so small.

My concern is that the season starts, a bunch of players test positive, a few end up hospitalized, and then the league has to stop the season.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

User avatar
wickerkat1212
Starter
Starter
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:23 am
Contact:

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:25 am

I guess it's taking a player dying for them to get it. I can't see a setup where they take ENOUGH precautions.
D3:
QB—Lamar, Allen, Big Ben, Tyrod
RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard
WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Lazard, Hardman, Renfrow, Beasley, Claypool
TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
PK—Zuerlein
DEF—Ravens

D4:
QB—Watson, Stafford, Tyrod
RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Cohen, Howard, Breida, DWilliams, Edmonds
WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jeffery, Jefferson (R), Amendola, Miller, Watson, Dorsett
TE—IThomas, LThomas, DArnold, Kmet, Trautman
PK—Prater
DEF—Bears

User avatar
Shoreline Steamers
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3137
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:53 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:43 am
My concern is that the season starts, a bunch of players test positive, a few end up hospitalized, and then the league has to stop the season.
I think this is quite possible, and is a concern I share. As soon as a few players end up hospitalized, I imagine the NFLPA would be raising some objections to continuing the season. At that point, they may decide the risks aren't worth continuing with games. Then it becomes a battle between players and owners (much like what we're seeing with MLB, though that disagreement seems largely financial).

As for our league, the plan is to continue with the draft as scheduled. They only real issue I think we'll have if the season isn't completed, is how do we establish draft order for 2021, as we're set up to award draft picks by order of finish? But there's plenty of time between now and then to work things out if it comes to that.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: R. Wilson, L. Jackson
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, G. Edwards, A. Dillon, J. Jackson
WR: M. Thomas, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, T. Hilton, S. Watkins, Q. Cephus
TE: T. Kelce, E. Engram, D. Sample
14 Team, No-PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, D. Brees, T. Tagovailoa
RB: D. Cook, M. Sanders, S. Michel, L. Murray, E. Benjamin
WR: D. Parker, C. Ridley, J. Crowder, P. Campbell, B. Edwards, Q. Cephus
TE: D. Waller, J. Smith

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10141
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:04 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:25 am
I guess it's taking a player dying for them to get it. I can't see a setup where they take ENOUGH precautions.
As if the the 116,000 deaths aren't enough.

I get it though. The television revenue is too significant and they don't care if there are people who catch it on the way to that.

User avatar
wickerkat1212
Starter
Starter
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:23 am
Contact:

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:19 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:04 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:25 am
I guess it's taking a player dying for them to get it. I can't see a setup where they take ENOUGH precautions.
As if the the 116,000 deaths aren't enough.

I get it though. The television revenue is too significant and they don't care if there are people who catch it on the way to that.
Right? I know.
D3:
QB—Lamar, Allen, Big Ben, Tyrod
RB—EE, Henry, Cohen, Mostert, Evans (R), Coleman, Pollard
WR—MThomas, Diggs, Lamb (R), Lazard, Hardman, Renfrow, Beasley, Claypool
TE—Doyle, Jonnu, Thomas
PK—Zuerlein
DEF—Ravens

D4:
QB—Watson, Stafford, Tyrod
RB—Conner, David & Duke Johnson, Cohen, Howard, Breida, DWilliams, Edmonds
WR—Hill, Allen, Golladay, Jeudy (R), Jeffery, Jefferson (R), Amendola, Miller, Watson, Dorsett
TE—IThomas, LThomas, DArnold, Kmet, Trautman
PK—Prater
DEF—Bears

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:20 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:53 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:43 am
My concern is that the season starts, a bunch of players test positive, a few end up hospitalized, and then the league has to stop the season.
I think this is quite possible, and is a concern I share. As soon as a few players end up hospitalized, I imagine the NFLPA would be raising some objections to continuing the season. At that point, they may decide the risks aren't worth continuing with games. Then it becomes a battle between players and owners (much like what we're seeing with MLB, though that disagreement seems largely financial).

As for our league, the plan is to continue with the draft as scheduled. They only real issue I think we'll have if the season isn't completed, is how do we establish draft order for 2021, as we're set up to award draft picks by order of finish? But there's plenty of time between now and then to work things out if it comes to that.
I have a bad feeling it gets spread like wildfire once camp starts. I seriously think they need a fall back plan of starting late and having hub cities to play games. Ultimately, the reality is this thing is just a new reality. Vaccines won't be available in time for the season, so they are really playing with fire, but the economic realities and the impact on lives to have a country shut down for a year isn;'t really an option either.

However, as OCR stated, the NFL appears to arrogantly be marching forward without plans to alter the season, at a time when we expect to see a spike in cases as the weather gets worse. I think it could be a disaster. A few hub cities with domes and no fans would be a good fall back plan, but the NFL rosters are so large compared to basketball, I'm not sure it would be a feasible reality.

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: What do we do if there is no NFL 2020 season?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:34 pm

Huh. I just saw Fauci's comments today that basically say the same thing. His take was without a bubble for these guys to isolate in, this is going to be virtually impossible. Hopefully we hear some realistic plans from the NFL soon. It's possible they're just playing their plans close to the vest, all though I'm not sure why they would do so.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests