Safeleagues

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Safeleagues

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:58 pm

Has anybody done any of the leagues SafeLeagues? Curious what the pros and cons are/how many people just join and dump the league a year later, etc.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Safeleagues

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:54 pm

If you're looking for well run leagues with a high degree of integrity these are the leagues for you. One of the biggest concerns I would have with joining a new league is that it might fold before I could realize a return on the long term development of my dynasty team. With Safeleagues I have a very high degree of certainty that they won't fold. They have always responded in a timely manor to any questions or concerns that I have had. I would highly recommend, the appropriately named, Safeleague.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:54 pm If you're looking for well run leagues with a high degree of integrity these are the leagues for you. One of the biggest concerns I would have with joining a new league is that it might fold before I could realize a return on the long term development of my dynasty team. With Safeleagues I have a very high degree of certainty that they won't fold. They have always responded in a timely manor to any questions or concerns that I have had. I would highly recommend, the appropriately named, Safeleague.

Appreciate the response. In your experience are they active leagues?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:24 pm

I am in 2 Safeleagues and I do not find them less active than most of my other leagues - about on par. A leagues activity level is always going to be highly dependant on the owners in the league, so it can always be hit or miss.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trader_nation » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:09 pm

They rock, more active than average for me

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:07 am

Thanks all, good to hear. Anyone else have good or bad experiences on SafeLeagues they care to share?

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:56 am

I'm in two safeleagues and I enjoy them a lot. They have good payouts vs other platforms like ffpc, which is the only league I dropped this year. The oweners in both leagues are responsive and seem to be knowledgeable and the leagues are well run/commissioned. I am planning to add another safeleague to replace the ffpc league I dropped.

WOATjohn
Captain
Captain

Postby WOATjohn » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:15 pm

Im going on year 3 in a safe league and its alright. About half of the owners are extremely quiet and do not trade. The other half are in a groupme chat and we make it fun. Every year we have had at least 2 members be replaced, which is about average for a league anyways.
12tm SF/TEP 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SF
**23 Champ**
QB: Hurts, Goff, Mayfield, B Zappe
RB: Ekeler, Pollard, Mostert, Warren, A Jones, Mattison, Dillon, D Cook, Gray
WR: Hill, Moore, Adams, D Smith, Cooper, Dortch, Hardman
TE: Kelce, Ferguson, I Smith, Ruckert, Hendershot, Washington
3, 4

12tm PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3FLX
1st rd exit
QB: Jackson, Watson, Howell
RB: Breece, Bijan, Mostert, R Johnson, Demercado, D Foreman, Gray, D Johnson
WR: Tyreek Hill, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, DeVonta Smith, Smith-Njigba, J Williams, D Bell, Bateman, N Brown, Phillips, Gage, Iosivas
TE: Kincaid, Ferguson, Granson

12tm PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
FULL REBUILD
QB: Richardson, Ridder, Lance
RB: Achane, Javonte, Ahmed, Abanikanda, Strong, Scott, Penny, McBride
WR: G Davis, Hollywood, M Wilson, WanDale, Pierce, R Moore, Bell, Marshall
TE: Freiermuth, Kraft, Knox, Ruckert, Schoonmaker, Strange
1.01, 1.08, 1.12, 2.01, 3.01, 3.07, 3.08, 4.01, 4.02, 4.11, 5.01, 5.05, 5.10

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:43 pm

I joined one safe league startup a year ago. Well run, yes. Only thing is we had one gigantic moron in the startup who almost ruined everything. But I guess that is the same with any startup.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:14 pm

I'm in one and I have enjoyed it for the reasons stated by others above. Mine is more active than my other three leagues, but two of those are friend leagues so probably to be expected. You have your more active owners and your quieter ones like any league but I have done a fair amount of trading and most of it has been initiated by my trade partners which is not usually the case. Would recommend. I think dynasty is similar to poker in that it is sad to say it but if you play the higher buy-ins you get the more serious and active players which isn't always convenient for us especially if we are in multiple leagues but if this is a major hobby of yours why not play less leagues for more money and get a more experienced group of owners who are less likely to be totally absent or to make bird brained deals with other leaguemates that drive you crazy
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Benchwarmer101
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Benchwarmer101 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 pm

I picked up an orphan and did a new startup this year. Well run. They have been way more active than my friend dynasty league. I suggest you go this route if your interested in joining a league but don’t know the people setting it up. I’m not a huge fan of MFL but having a established rules and a commish who takes care of everything but doesn’t have any skin in the game is nice.
Team 1
12 team Superflex TE premium 23 roster 3 taxi 3 IR, 10 starters 1QB, 2-4RB, 3-6WR, 1-Superflex 1-4TE
2022 2.11, 3.11,
QB: Mahomes, Tua, Zach Wilson, Mills, Haskins,
RB: McCaffrey Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Dillon, E Mitchel, Jamal Williams, Darrel Williams, K Vaughn, L Perine
WR: D.J. Moore, Locket, Dionte Johnson, Jeudy, D Samuel, Edwards, Bateman, Harry, Mooney, DPJ, Osborn, D Brown
TE: Andrews, Jonu Smith, L Thomas, Harrison Bryant, Gray

Team 2
12 team Superflex TE premium .5 first downs 30 man roster 2 IR 10 starters 1QB 2 RB 2 WR 1TE 3 Flex 1 Superflex
QB Ryan, Tannehill, T Taylor, Lock,
RB Elliot, Mixon, James Robinson, Mostert, Fournette, McKinnon, Penny, Dallas, Pollard, Gainwell, Herbert,
WR Mclaurin, Marquis Brown, Thielen, Locket, Sutton, Boyd, Harry, Edwards, Myers, V Jefferson, Josh Palmer
TE Waller, Gaskins, Ertz, Tonyan, Shultz, Conklin

metalmat
Starter
Starter

Postby metalmat » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:21 am

Safeleagues is great. I'm in a couple leagues there and it is well run, they always respond quick to questions. Highly recommended.
14 Tm ppr (rebuilding)
QB Wentz, Carr, MacJ
RB Mixon, Ty'son, Gaskin, McKinnon, Coleman, David Johnson, Freeman, Darrel Williams, J.Patrick, Ahmed, Dobbins, Hasty
WR Hopkins, T.Patrick, E.Moore
TE Jarwin, Ertz, Knox, Tremble
Picks: 22 (1,1,1,2,2,3) 23 (1,1,1,2,2,3)

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Stafford, Hurts, MacJ, KMond
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, B.Scott, Nwangwu, Hawkins
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, Renfrow, Agholor, Patterson
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle, Allie-Cox

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Mills, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Harris, Hunt, Duke, D'Ernest, Dillon
WR Jefferson, Boyd, Ruggs, Davis, Parker, Hamler, Robby, Miller, E.Moore, Rodgers, Tre'Quan
TE Hooper, Conklin, Jarwin, Doyle, JuwanJ

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Fields
RB Hines, Harris, R.Jones, Murray, Freeman, J,Kelley, Hasty
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, J.Chase, Aiyuk, Hardman, Renfrow, Campbell, Eskridge, Tre'quan
TE Kittle, Freiermuth, Kroft