Has your league activity changed?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Across all of your leagues, how has the activity been compared to previous seasons?

Way less activity
32%
A little less activity
27%
Not much change
30%
A little more activity
5%
Way more activity
5%

Total votes: 37

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Has your league activity changed?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:16 pm

all my leagues are dead as hell compared to other years.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:42 pm

Level of activity in my leagues hasn't changed much if at all. I might be receiving a trade offer or so less than past years across my leagues. But I've seen a general downward trend over the past few years. My observation is that it's a natural progression as a result of a perfect storm - owners only wanting to move older players for younger players and/or picks, and not wanting to move their younger players and/or picks or acquire older players. That, and teams only wanting to buy players at bargain basement prices and sell players at high premiums (e.g. one guy in one of my leagues actually offered another owner Austin Ekeler for Barkley last week, same owner tried to buy CMC from me for Ekeler earlier).

It's inevitable that the activity in most trade markets is going to die under those circumstances.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:26 pm

Speaking of league activity change, an interesting article about the possible affects and changes in the NFL season. I for one, expect rookies, especially QB's and WR's to have a tough time this year compared to most for year 1.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/10 ... li=BBnba9I
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:06 pm

It was stagnant to begin with, and has somehow only gotten staler... Joined a new league the other day, hopefully its more fun
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:30 pm

My thought was with no sports and everyone quarantined at home, off season dynasty activity would pick up, not so much. I don't know what the average buy in price is but I would expect a yearly $200 fee would result in more interest and activity...
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:13 pm

I need to join another league lol. Startups are so fun.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:12 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:13 pm I need to join another league lol. Startups are so fun.
Believe it or not, in December and January, I prepared a league for a 2020 launch. I even prepared a list of about 35 dynasty guys who I've come across in the last 8 years who I respect, admire, and/or who have impressed me.

I ended up deciding not to launch it as its a thankless tasks to get 15 guys to sign up and collect the $$$. Plus, I'm pretty disenchanted with dynasty myself, in large part because of the lack of activity in my leagues.

Anyway, here's a link to the stillborn league:

https://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/14839#0

And yes, each stripper is a custom image.

;)

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:28 pm

Fantasy is losing popularity. Even guys who used to live eat sleep fantasy football are losing interest from what I’ve seen.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:08 pm

The period between the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft is generally the slowest time of year for dynasty leagues. I would assume that activity will pick back up after the NFL Draft when rookie draft season starts.

There might also be less activity due to coronavirus. There's a chance that there will be no 2020 NFL season, so some are less motivated or more cautious about making moves in dynasty before all of that gets sorted out. Additionally, many are out of jobs or in precarious situations and so have no time to devote to fantasy right now.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:38 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:08 pm The period between the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft is generally the slowest time of year for dynasty leagues. I would assume that activity will pick back up after the NFL Draft when rookie draft season starts.

There might also be less activity due to coronavirus. There's a chance that there will be no 2020 NFL season, so some are less motivated or more cautious about making moves in dynasty before all of that gets sorted out. Additionally, many are out of jobs or in precarious situations and so have no time to devote to fantasy right now.
Yeah the whole "global pandemic" thing is throwing a wrench in all of our routines.