Why not D'Andre Swift?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: D'Andre Swift - Reddit

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:36 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:19 pm Now that the Philly PD has commented on the case, I will unlock this thread.

They didn't come out and say "this is not true" but instead said "the leak is under investigation".

Which leads one to wonder what the heck is going on.
:shock:
The Philly PD spokesperson is clearly trying to buy low
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:43 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:38 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:19 pm Now that the Philly PD has commented on the case, I will unlock this thread.

They didn't come out and say "this is not true" but instead said "the leak is under investigation".

Which leads one to wonder what the heck is going on.
Yeah, groin issues, and a potential murder charge would definitely help that cause. I wonder if it's for re-draft, or Dynasty?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:43 pm

Yeah, groin issues, and a potential murder charge would definitely help that cause. I wonder if it's for re-draft, or Dynasty?
Nobody is that invested in re-draft. I figure it has to be dynasty. Looking at the long haul. And it probably wasn't the Philly PD spokesperson hoping to cash in, but whomever leaked the tip in the first place.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:36 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:05 pm

Nobody is that invested in re-draft. I figure it has to be dynasty. Looking at the long haul. And it probably wasn't the Philly PD spokesperson hoping to cash in, but whomever leaked the tip in the first place.
Leaked the tip eh? So it was Deshaun Watson!
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:54 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:36 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:05 pm

Leaked the tip eh? So it was Deshaun Watson!
:lol: Bam!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:31 pm

I don’t think at this point anyone thinks the image of the tip is fake. And those tips are supposed to be anonymous and confidential so the PPD should take that seriously.

It doesn’t mean the contents of the tip is true.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:40 am

While i do understand why ignoring rumors like this may be the way to go i also cant help but feel like someone from Swifts team, like an agent or something, should have made a statement by now denying this. Maybe there is some credence too it but it was self defense and Swift doesnt want it all out like that. In the end i dont think anything will happen but im just surprised no one in swifts camp has even acknowledged it

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:05 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:40 am While i do understand why ignoring rumors like this may be the way to go i also cant help but feel like someone from Swifts team, like an agent or something, should have made a statement by now denying this. Maybe there is some credence too it but it was self defense and Swift doesnt want it all out like that. In the end i dont think anything will happen but im just surprised no one in swifts camp has even acknowledged it
What do you say though? It's a rumor from Reddit.

It would certainly be one of the weirdest ways a significant NFL story broke.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:34 am

To be fair, the only takeaway I have is to beware when making a trade involving Swift. We don't know the whole story.

I was in a startup draft when rumors about Aaron Hernandez started circulating. It was all speculation and I used a startup pick to draft him in the fifth round. Then the rumors became legit, and I was essentially out a 5th round startup pick.

I've been weary of rumors ever since, so hearing something like this makes me panic a little more than it probably should. I don't own any shares of Swift, but if I could make a lateral move right now I would probably do it just so I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore.

But I wouldn't sell short. If nobody else is giving fair value for Swift, I would hold and continue as if everything is fine.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:01 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:34 am To be fair, the only takeaway I have is to beware when making a trade involving Swift. We don't know the whole story.

I was in a startup draft when rumors about Aaron Hernandez started circulating. It was all speculation and I used a startup pick to draft him in the fifth round. Then the rumors became legit, and I was essentially out a 5th round startup pick.

I've been weary of rumors ever since, so hearing something like this makes me panic a little more than it probably should. I don't own any shares of Swift, but if I could make a lateral move right now I would probably do it just so I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore.

But I wouldn't sell short. If nobody else is giving fair value for Swift, I would hold and continue as if everything is fine.
To be fair, Hernandez' off field issues had been known for years. They weren't really rumors or speculation. It's a major part of why he was available in the 4th round.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:11 am

If I was in a start up I'd just fade him for someone else in the tier. You wouldn't really be giving up any edge by taking a different player in the same tier. I wouldn't think you have a decision about dropping tiers in the next round because I don't expect 11 other guys will fade him.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:48 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:01 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:34 am To be fair, the only takeaway I have is to beware when making a trade involving Swift. We don't know the whole story.

To be fair, Hernandez' off field issues had been known for years. They weren't really rumors or speculation. It's a major part of why he was available in the 4th round.
A TE coming off a 79-910-7 season being available in the 4th round of startup drafts is very normal, especially back then when people valued TEs a bit less than they do now.

Those are basically the same numbers Mark Andrews put up in his 2nd year and he was a mid-4th round startup pick the following year.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:53 am

Vcize wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:48 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:01 am

A TE coming off a 79-910-7 season being available in the 4th round of startup drafts is very normal, especially back then when people valued TEs a bit less than they do now.

Those are basically the same numbers Mark Andrews put up in his 2nd year and he was a mid-4th round startup pick the following year.
I mean in the 4th round of the actual NFL Draft. He went 68/850/4 in the SEC as a junior and was available in the 4th round....because of off-field and character concerns.

That would be significantly different than Swift turning out to be a murderer, where there's nothing to even remotely foreshadow that. If someone invested into Hernandez, they already knew what they were getting into.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

D'Andre Swift

Postby Mike11 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:29 am

Forgotten when he went to Detroit but is now looking like the best RB of the class. Even in a 60/40 snap and 55/45 touch rate with JWill he's RB3 in PPR right now. I know some people hated on the Kamara comp but the way Jared dumpoffs get's it to his RBs he has a phenomenal ceiling and excellent floor. Was surprised to see he didn't have a thread!

Curious to see how people have the 2020 RBs ranked now and how they would break them into tiers (tough breaks for Dobbins and Akers obviously).
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: D'Andre Swift

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:59 am

I got a little bit of heat for saying the Lions need to "unleash" Swift in the weekly thread last week. I didn't mean that they needed to give him 30 carries up the middle, but instead prioritize him as a playmaker and stop waiting for negative game script to do it.

I watched the game and the Lions struggled moving the ball until they started getting Swift involved as a playmaker. They were looking for him on passing downs, playing more two-back sets, moving him around the formation, and getting him in space. He was making guys miss and opening up the playbook for the Lions. Their WR talent stinks, so it's weird that they take so long to start getting Swift going.

Swift continues to pass the eye test in a big way. He's so explosive with the ball in his hands and a damn good receiver. I think the only thing that dropped him in rookie drafts was that he went to the Lions.