Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby CGW » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:17 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:54 am
CGW wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:51 am There were definitely some who had CEH up there pre draft, but most of the argument was between Taylor, Swift, and Dobbins.

For the prices I see CEH at, I'd be buying. I've been saying this for weeks/months now but it's even more evident after that SB performance by the KC coaching staff. Mahommes got obliterated in the superbowl. Hes lucky he didnt leave the field on a stretcher. Hopefully, they watch tape and realize they need to incorporate a rushing attack and screen game to protect their most valuable asset.
Will you feel the same way if Damien Williams is on the KC roster in 2021?
That's 100% irrelevant to my point about KC learning to adapt to coverage rather than leaning on Mahommes's greatness.

But no, theres no 29 year old RB in the league that would concern me about CEHs 2022 prospects. Let alone one who just sat out for 12+ months.

Will he even opt to play in 2021? Covid is still a thing and SIGNIFICANTLY worse than it was when he opted out in 2020.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:19 am

CGW wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:17 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:54 am
CGW wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:51 am There were definitely some who had CEH up there pre draft, but most of the argument was between Taylor, Swift, and Dobbins.

For the prices I see CEH at, I'd be buying. I've been saying this for weeks/months now but it's even more evident after that SB performance by the KC coaching staff. Mahommes got obliterated in the superbowl. Hes lucky he didnt leave the field on a stretcher. Hopefully, they watch tape and realize they need to incorporate a rushing attack and screen game to protect their most valuable asset.
Will you feel the same way if Damien Williams is on the KC roster in 2021?
That's 100% irrelevant to my point about KC learning to adapt to coverage rather than leaning on Mahommes's greatness.

But no, theres no 29 year old RB in the league that would concern me about CEHs 2022 prospects. Let alone one who just sat out for 12+ months.

Will he even opt to play in 2021? Covid is still a thing and SIGNIFICANTLY worse than it was when he opted out in 2020.
He’s already on record that he’s opted in.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:07 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:09 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:52 am
Hottoddies wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:36 pm Bunch of self-quoted stuff
What was the point of bumping your own response? A rebuttal to J94, showing us that you significantly overrated CEH, an admission that you underrated Taylor, or some combination of the 3?
I did say that I didn't see "anyone" so he was just bringing that up. I am curious to hear how he feels about those rankings after the rookie years though
Yes, the reason I bumped those post were to respond that there were at least two people who viewed CEH as a top 4 prospect predraft. In response to the question of how I rank these rookie RBs after their first year; my predraft assessment of their talents haven't changed. As a matter of fact, their performance this season has only confirmed my "personal" view. To be clear, I think all 4 are great prospects and should all have very productive careers. I think that they are all pretty much in the same tier. I do not have any shares of CEH or Taylor. I wish I did and am actively trying to trade for some. Taylor was most definitely drafted into a great situation. The Colts have one of the best offensive lines and run an offence that plays to his strengths. Whereas I think most people overestimated the quality of CEH's situation. A top 5 startup value is a bit rich for my blood. While the Chiefs do have a highly productive offence, the complex nature of their passing scheme makes it difficult for a rookie to pick up on. That's the reason why Williams was the 3rd down back this year. After a full offseason, I do think CEH will move into more of a true 3 down back role next year. I play dynasty football and I'm in it for the long run; I try to resist the knee jerk reactions of day traders.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

I-ROK
Rookie
Rookie

Postby I-ROK » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:02 am

I came in here to read about Jonathan Taylor and all I see is a page of CEH talk. He has his own thread, you guys...

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:55 am

I-ROK wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:02 am I came in here to read about Jonathan Taylor and all I see is a page of CEH talk. He has his own thread, you guys...
You'll have to go to the CEH thread for info on JT.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:01 am

I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to try to trade JT for a big package. Like if I could get Swift + CEH for him (which KTC is calling a fair trade), I'd probably hit accept on that unless my team was just overflowing with talent relative to starting roster size. I understand why he's ranked where he is, but I also just don't know that he's sufficiently established as a mega-stud for me to feel comfortable having that kind of value tied up in him.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:01 pm

hoos89 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:01 am I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to try to trade JT for a big package. Like if I could get Swift + CEH for him (which KTC is calling a fair trade), I'd probably hit accept on that unless my team was just overflowing with talent relative to starting roster size. I understand why he's ranked where he is, but I also just don't know that he's sufficiently established as a mega-stud for me to feel comfortable having that kind of value tied up in him.
I am a Colts fan, so factor that in, but I think the 2020 season is his FLOOR. He was sparsely used for half the season and had a 3rd down back take away those touches and look at his numbers. The 3rd down back isn't going away, but the workload will be more over the whole season.He is a bonafide top 5 dynasty back in my books
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:04 pm

hoos89 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:01 am I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to try to trade JT for a big package. Like if I could get Swift + CEH for him (which KTC is calling a fair trade), I'd probably hit accept on that unless my team was just overflowing with talent relative to starting roster size. I understand why he's ranked where he is, but I also just don't know that he's sufficiently established as a mega-stud for me to feel comfortable having that kind of value tied up in him.
I think that would be a no brainer if you could swing it, but I doubt anyone is giving Swift + CEH for Taylor. KTC is weird sometimes with their “value adjustment” for “studs”. Turn superflex on (which shouldn’t impact the view of this trade at all), and it’s suddenly judged as significantly in favor of the Swift/CEH side.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:35 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:04 pm
I think that would be a no brainer if you could swing it, but I doubt anyone is giving Swift + CEH for Taylor. KTC is weird sometimes with their “value adjustment” for “studs”. Turn superflex on (which shouldn’t impact the view of this trade at all), and it’s suddenly judged as significantly in favor of the Swift/CEH side.
KTC definitely overweights studs too much. I like the rankings, but as with all calculators, they are best used as a value check baseline rather than gospel.

I'm all for selling JT high if you can land a big overpay. Makes sense most of the time unless it's a shallow league or shallow starting requirements.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:33 pm

Yeah, I'm going to go fishing for one this offseason I think. I don't feel compelled to move him but if I can land a couple of guys whom I feel are being undervalued (like CEH) for him I'll be happy.

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:42 pm

Good Luck trying,

Can't imagine there are many owners out there that own both but then again I own both in one league and value the Swift & CEH side by quite a bit more.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:04 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:42 pm
Good Luck trying,

Can't imagine there are many owners out there that own both but then again I own both in one league and value the Swift & CEH side by quite a bit more.
I have 2 leagues where I own both CEH and Swift and no chance I would package them for JT, but I do also own JT on one of those so that makes it a little easier to refuse.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:05 pm

Good Luck trying,

I own both, not a chance I make that trade. It appears that JT is now the front runner of the RBs, but there is still a lot of time for this cohort to shuffle around, and I dont think anyone has a clear cut, vastly superior, long-term edge as of right now.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:48 pm

Good Luck trying,

Doesn't need to be Swift and CEH specifically. That was just an example. I understand it's aspirational but if his KTC ranking and ADP are accurately reflective of how other people are valuing him I think it's worth trying for something.

Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 pm

JT’s physical attributes aren’t in dispute. There’s really no question he was the 1.01 in last years draft and nobody besides Lamb was really a consideration
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points