Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Sriracha » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:34 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:06 am
ArrylT wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:40 pm So far in 3 Rookie Drafts JT has been the 1.01 - even a SF draft - doesnt mean he will be the 1.01 in all drafts - just that it seems the norm early going.
Is he really worth it in a SF to pass over Burrow? lol
Definitely not, you need your QBs in superflex! And WRs! Push down all of the stud RBs who have much higher value over stream, and lower bust rates because if they hit “you could have them for the next 10-15 years” :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:53 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:40 pm So far in 3 Rookie Drafts JT has been the 1.01 - even a SF draft - doesnt mean he will be the 1.01 in all drafts - just that it seems the norm early going.
I wouldn't fault it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:49 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:34 pm
Definitely not, you need your QBs in superflex! And WRs! Push down all of the stud RBs who have much higher value over stream, and lower bust rates because if they hit “you could have them for the next 10-15 years” :lol:
I’m not sure if this is sarcasm or not lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:59 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:54 pm People keep talking about Mack (who will be a slight hiccup to get past. Especially with OTAs being limited/nil) but what about Hines. I see him taking more away than Mack at times. Anything long yardage Hines will be in for pass protection/pass catching. Like said above it's a three headed monster the first year. Even if JT is the superior he's going to be bogged down by other role players while he learns.

Can the same be said for CEH? I don't think Williams puts up that resistance that JT will see.

Dobbins... sees one year of Ingram and then it's off to the races. Hill will be a mosquito flying around bothering every now and then, but absolutely nothing to worry about.

All that being said I own 1.2. And even with my own reasoning I'm not sure who to take. I still love JTs prototypical stature. I enjoy the upside of CEH on KC and Dobbins on BAL, but don't love their build size wise, but both situations are better. Luckily someone in front of me gets the b tougher choice out of the 3 and then I get a coin flip. More over analyzing to be done!
I agree.

Chris Ballard's done two interviews that I know of since drafting Taylor.

In both interviews, he continued to mention that the Colts view their backfield as a "1-2 punch" and not a single guy. He's mentioned that the Colts wanted to improve the amount of playmakers they have and Taylor and Pittman do that.

To me, if you're drafting Taylor, the potential workhorse type of workload is not this year..it's 2021. And even then, that depends on if they view him as a good enough receiving threat to keep Hines off the field.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:59 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:54 pm People keep talking about Mack (who will be a slight hiccup to get past. Especially with OTAs being limited/nil) but what about Hines. I see him taking more away than Mack at times. Anything long yardage Hines will be in for pass protection/pass catching. Like said above it's a three headed monster the first year. Even if JT is the superior he's going to be bogged down by other role players while he learns.

Can the same be said for CEH? I don't think Williams puts up that resistance that JT will see.

Dobbins... sees one year of Ingram and then it's off to the races. Hill will be a mosquito flying around bothering every now and then, but absolutely nothing to worry about.

All that being said I own 1.2. And even with my own reasoning I'm not sure who to take. I still love JTs prototypical stature. I enjoy the upside of CEH on KC and Dobbins on BAL, but don't love their build size wise, but both situations are better. Luckily someone in front of me gets the b tougher choice out of the 3 and then I get a coin flip. More over analyzing to be done!
I agree.

In both interviews, he continued to mention that the Colts view their backfield as a "1-2 punch" and not a single guy. He's mentioned that the Colts wanted to improve the amount of playmakers they have and Taylor and Pittman do that.

To me, if you're drafting Taylor, the potential workhorse type of workload is not this year..it's 2021. And even then, that depends on if they view him as a good enough receiving threat to keep Hines off the field.
I expect them to be in a timeshare to start the season, and then for Taylor to gradually take the reigns after he proves to be vastly more efficient.

No disrespect to Mack, who I think is a very solid RB... but Taylor is just on another level.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 pm

I agree.

Every year people quote this type of comment. What do you expect a GM to say? “We’re handing everything to this rookie, there won’t be a competition?” Don’t be surprised when you see some garbage platitude about Damien Williams being the starter in KC, or Kerryon and Swift forming a committee.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:33 pm

It's going to be Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson all over again.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:53 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:33 pm It's going to be Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson all over again.
Pretty much.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:54 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:33 pm It's going to be Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson all over again.
Loved Chester. Seemed like a down to earth dude.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:55 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 pm

I agree.

Every year people quote this type of comment. What do you expect a GM to say? “We’re handing everything to this rookie, there won’t be a competition?” Don’t be surprised when you see some garbage platitude about Damien Williams being the starter in KC, or Kerryon and Swift forming a committee.
People were arguing for Williams as the SB MVP the last game he played. CEH is 5 ft 7 and 207 pounds. Taylor is 5 ft 10 and 226. I think the likelihood Williams splits time with CEH is much more likely than Mack splitting time with Taylor. Even if it takes a game or two, the second Taylor gets a well blocked play and hits the 2nd level with a full head of steam, it's all over.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:55 pm

I agree.

People were arguing for Williams as the SB MVP the last game he played. CEH is 5 ft 7 and 207 pounds. Taylor is 5 ft 10 and 226. I think the likelihood Williams splits time with CEH is much more likely than Mack splitting time with Taylor. Even if it takes a game or two, the second Taylor gets a well blocked play and hits the 2nd level with a full head of steam, it's all over.
This could totally happen. My point was that a coach saying his new rookie is going to be a backup, or be in a competition, or a time share, etc., is not something you should make a decision on. This is right up there with everybody coming off a down year saying they’re in the best shape of their life.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:25 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:09 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:55 pm

This could totally happen. My point was that a coach saying his new rookie is going to be a backup, or be in a competition, or a time share, etc., is not something you should make a decision on. This is right up there with everybody coming off a down year saying they’re in the best shape of their life.
I understood, and agree. I thought they were talking about a timeshare with Mack earlier, and I think CEH in a timeshare is more likely after a few games into the season being the reality than Taylor, due to the things I mentioned. Maybe should have highlighted the earlier parts of the conversation. I was trying to piggy back off your point. Sorry for the confusion.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:36 pm

Timeshare is relative

You guys need to get a room!

CEH is going to be the better fantasy player. MJD says go review his 2009, 2010, and 2011 stat lines. Rumor has it his 3 extra pounds of weight meant nothing. :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:12 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:36 pm Timeshare is relative

CEH is going to be the better fantasy player. MJD says go review his 2009, 2010, and 2011 stat lines. Rumor has it his 3 extra pounds of weight meant nothing. :D
LOL. MJD ran a 4.39. Not comparable talents. Take a look at MJD's stat line and look at rushing stats CEH will never touch. Taylor>CEH. :D

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:12 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:36 pm Timeshare is relative

LOL. MJD ran a 4.39. Not comparable talents. Take a look at MJD's stat line and look at rushing stats CEH will never touch. Taylor>CEH. :D
As a big Bruin fan who watched a ton of college football when MJD was playing... Its a bit insulting that people compare CEH to MJD. You knew MJD was something special on his very first carry. He was an absolute animal, with the raw power to jump into a 7 man pile and somehow come out of the scrum with the football in his hands. He had multiple long TDs on both inside runs, outside runs, and punt returns.

CEH might be a fantasy star in the mold of Westbrook... but he is not anywhere close to MJD