Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby honcho55 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:51 pm

Finfansteve wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 pm JT’s physical attributes aren’t in dispute. There’s really no question he was the 1.01 in last years draft and nobody besides Lamb was really a consideration
Man I dunno. I had JT 1.01 but it’s a stretch to say there wasn’t a consideration. I’ll fully admit I had CEH 1b. Also not afraid to admit I had Jeudy ahead of Lamb, for that matter.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:54 pm

honcho55 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:51 pm
Finfansteve wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 pm JT’s physical attributes aren’t in dispute. There’s really no question he was the 1.01 in last years draft and nobody besides Lamb was really a consideration
Man I dunno. I had JT 1.01 but it’s a stretch to say there wasn’t a consideration. I’ll fully admit I had CEH 1b. Also not afraid to admit I had Jeudy ahead of Lamb, for that matter.
Just my opinion but I respect differing opinions. For me it was JT and Lamb. Then dobbins, jeudy swift,CEH, and so on down the line. I’d have to check my notes but that’s what I can remember as of right now
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:59 pm

Oddly enough, I didn’t have any 1sts in last years draft but have ended up with Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Gibson, Higgins, and Claypool.

My primary league (in my sig) is historically very difficult to get RB outside of the draft unless you’re willing to part with a stud a year too early vs on time (let alone a year too late, then you’re SOL) so RBs rule the beginning of the draft if they are even in a semi-decent situation. I had JT as my 1.01, followed by Swift, Dobbins, CEH, Lamb, and Jeudy and still see it close to that with the exception of CEH over Lamb and Jeudy.

All I know is it would take more than anyone in my league is willing to pay to pry any of those top 3 RB away from me at this point lol
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:25 am

Finfansteve wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 pm JT’s physical attributes aren’t in dispute. There’s really no question he was the 1.01 in last years draft
You need to reread this thread from the beginning. There were some last year - and it was more than just a couple of contrarians - that contended that his fumbling and lack of ability to catch would force him into only being the thunder part of a RBBC.

Check this thread too: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=198325&hilit=overrated

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:39 am

Definitely not true. CEH was neck-and-neck with him.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:45 am

krtbuckeye wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:59 pm Oddly enough, I didn’t have any 1sts in last years draft but have ended up with Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Gibson, Higgins, and Claypool.

My primary league (in my sig) is historically very difficult to get RB outside of the draft unless you’re willing to part with a stud a year too early vs on time (let alone a year too late, then you’re SOL) so RBs rule the beginning of the draft if they are even in a semi-decent situation. I had JT as my 1.01, followed by Swift, Dobbins, CEH, Lamb, and Jeudy and still see it close to that with the exception of CEH over Lamb and Jeudy.

All I know is it would take more than anyone in my league is willing to pay to pry any of those top 3 RB away from me at this point lol
Wow, nice haul getting those 3 RBs!

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:57 am

Not much of JT now, doing very well. Slow start but has looked fantastic the past few weeks. Still maddening the usage. Hines doing nothing, and Mack still getting touches (showcased?). Will we see an increase in usage or are the Colts keeping him fresh?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:06 am

dvpkwys wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:57 am Not much of JT now, doing very well. Slow start but has looked fantastic the past few weeks. Still maddening the usage. Hines doing nothing, and Mack still getting touches (showcased?). Will we see an increase in usage or are the Colts keeping him fresh?
I mean he's doing very well with what he is getting. Talent finds a way. I'm not concerned at all

Mack is definitely being showcased. I guess he could be a trade deadline target for some teams, but I'm not sure anyone pays enough for the Colts to let him go. I think Mack is still a solid backup plan in case anything happens to the other 2.

RB3 getting touches isn't really anything new here though. Friggin Wilkins was getting these touches last year and he's JAG.

I've said it before but I'll take an RB1 finish with <20 touches per game to keep him fresh, healthy, and so he can have a lengthy career. The CMCs and Barkleys are awesome when they have dominant 25 ppg seasons, but when it comes with the baggage, I'll gladly take 20 ppg

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:02 pm

I don't really see a good argument for anyone other than JT as the top RB in dynasty as it stands.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:02 pm I don't really see a good argument for anyone other than JT as the top RB in dynasty as it stands.
Only one close is swift imo, but it's JT. Production and age can't be denied. Dude is a stud and doesn't look to be slowing down
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:02 pm I don't really see a good argument for anyone other than JT as the top RB in dynasty as it stands.
Yup. Just posted my thesis in the other thread lol. I don't get many top draft picks, but had the 1.02 last year and he was a slam dunk for me there. Thank god for the CEH 1.01 hype.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:20 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:31 pm
Only one close is swift imo, but it's JT. Production and age can't be denied. Dude is a stud and doesn't look to be slowing down
Yeah, but Swift has more injury concerns currently, and his production is built around receptions, and he's in a situation that will not be repeated. There is zero WR talent on that roster, and that will change. JT has proven to be a top end rusher, and shown the ability in the receiving game, and Swift has just not shown much in the running game. His script has more of a likelihood of being flipped negatively. I roster both, and it's JT who holds more value to me.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:52 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:34 am
Yup. Just posted my thesis in the other thread lol. I don't get many top draft picks, but had the 1.02 last year and he was a slam dunk for me there. Thank god for the CEH 1.01 hype.
This was huge for me too in getting my one share of him. As well as landing Swift and Dobbins. I liked CEH coming in, but couldn't have taken him over any of the other 3. CEH was the first RB off the board in all four of my drafts.

With the emergence of Pittman and a healthy line, JT looks unstoppable. Hes played some tough defenses and still put up six straight games with 100+ yards and at least one TD. Just imagine what this offense could do with another capable WR.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:00 pm

Anyone else concerned that JT is getting too many touches?

I love that he's destroying defenses and lighting up the scoreboard, but if I'm a coach or GM, I want him to last.

Shades of CMC here...
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:07 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:00 pm Anyone else concerned that JT is getting too many touches?

I love that he's destroying defenses and lighting up the scoreboard, but if I'm a coach or GM, I want him to last.

Shades of CMC here...
This is what happens to every RB. Ride them hard for 3-5 years and then they turn to dust. It's rare to have an RB who plays at a high level over 8-9 years or something.

That said, Taylor is more built to handle a big workload than CMC is.