General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:03 am

CGW wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:53 am
I'm pretty sure there was a poll for CEH or JT after the 2020 draft. If I remember correctly it was very split at 50/50 for the 1.01. In my drafts CEH went first across the board, but I'm not sure that was a consensus.

Point is, its hard to fault anyone for liking these RBs.

Ceh and taylor will both have good careers (as will swift and Dobbins). Victory laps aside, anyone who drafted an RB in the 1st last year got a good fantasy asset.
Unless you reached for Vaughn :lol:
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Dillon, Gaskin, Mostert, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: [b]Mahomes, Ryan,[/b] Minshew, Trubisky, Mariota
RB: [b]Saquon, Dobbins, Jacobs, Hunt,[/b] Penny, Snell
WR: [b]AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel,[/b] G. Davis, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: [b]Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Tonyan,[/b] Irv
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

Yarnith
Captain
Captain

Postby Yarnith » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:05 am

I am happily sitting on both. The first 3/4 of the year I was getting nervous on JT but things clicked and he finally looked the part. I am still concerned on his longterm value. Not on talent but just usage since college. The numbers there are still insane but durability and career length are issues for future me.
12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex

QB: J. Allen, J. Goff, D. Haskins

RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CE,H, Ty Johnson, B. Love, D. Guice, R. Calais, D. Washington

WR: A.J. Brown, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Schuster, A. Cooper, R. Woods, D. Slayton, P. Williams, H. Ruggs, D. Mims, T. Smith, KJ Hamler

TE: G. Kittle, H. Henry

2021 1.12 , 3.8, 3.12, 4.9, 4.12

Sriracha
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:14 am

Ice wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:48 am
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:42 am
Ice wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:44 pm

Latavius Murray raises hand to say he can run faster, catch better, and didn't fumble 18 times in college. :whistle:
Forgot to mention the draft capital; 2nd round pick vs 6th. That .01 time difference must not mean much

1 fumble on 268 touches this year for JT so I guess those 18 fumbles dont mean much. I remember people knocking Sanders for fumbles last year too. Seems like a fixable trait.

Catch better based on? I never watched Murray in college but Murray's best year was 27/231/4 as a 22 year old senior in CUSA. That's not better than JTs 26/252/5 as a 20 year old Junior in the Big Ten. JT was also busy rushing for an average of 2000 yards each year, but we can ignore that... And JT had 5 less receptions this year, as a rookie, than Murray's best year ever.
Come on Man.....It was just a lighthearted joke! :dance:
Murray isn't faster than JT. He ran his 40 time at his pro Day so he's ~ .4 seconds slower... but most importantly dude couldn't do bleep for 3 years at UCF :lol:

As for how rare JT's traits are: only 3 RBs in NFL history have run a 4.4 40 at 225+ lbs and have a 25 catch college season: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Antonio Gibson

CGW
MVP
MVP

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:04 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:03 am
CGW wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:53 am
I'm pretty sure there was a poll for CEH or JT after the 2020 draft. If I remember correctly it was very split at 50/50 for the 1.01. In my drafts CEH went first across the board, but I'm not sure that was a consensus.

Point is, its hard to fault anyone for liking these RBs.

Ceh and taylor will both have good careers (as will swift and Dobbins). Victory laps aside, anyone who drafted an RB in the 1st last year got a good fantasy asset.
Unless you reached for Vaughn :lol:
Yeah but that was just plain stupid. A guy in my league took him in the 1st/2nd turn and dropped him mid season. Hes on my roster now as a flyer.

StripesOfKC
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:05 pm

stoneghost28 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:20 am
Kmani6 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:37 am
thebadferret wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:03 am
Do you think it will be possible to aquire JT this off season? If so what do you think is necessary to do so?

Is there an amount of picks you'd take to give him up. For example; I hold #5 and #9 this year. Would you take #5,#9 and a late '22 to give up JT?
No probably not possible to acquire him without giving up too much. You could probably get Dobbins at 75% the price , or you could try to buy low on CEH.
Why? Dobbins looked fantastic down the stretch.

As for the offer, there's no chance. The '21 draft is weak at RB and the '22 class is horrific, there's no chance I'd deal any of the big 5 RB's right now or CEH for a deal like that unless I was already well stocked at the position and I still doubt I would even if I were well stocked. A late '22 for now anyway, pending declares, is like a late '16 or late '19, not that valuable, while the '21 drafts awesome at WR, QB, and has Pitts, that's not RB help, the best RB's will be gone by the highest pick, and you'll have to speculate on Javonte (who I like) or Gainwell (who I also like), neither are close to as valued as the Big 5 are now, or the Big 5 were a year ago. Straight pass. If you want to get access to Jonathan Taylor, you'll need to give up another '20 RB, and something, or Chubb and something or Barkley and something etc.
'21 is really weak agreed

But really early to say on '22 and from early indications I'd say it looks stronger than '21: Breece/Spiller/Ealy>>Najee and especially Etienne to me

That said I think JT has shown enough that an asset as ambiguous as a '22 first should not be a centerpiece of any potential deal. Unless the other guys gets rookie fever at draft time I don't see that deal happening
Team 1

8 Team PPR
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 3 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K
2019-20 Champion
QB: Burrow, Tannehill, Stafford
RB: Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, CEH, D'Andre Swift, Damien Harris, Pollard, Cohen, Darrynton Evans
WR: AJ Brown, McLaurin, Justin Jefferson, Julio, DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, DJ Chark, Gallup, Mims, Pittman, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE: Kittle, Hockenson, Gesicki, Trautman
D: Steelers
K: Lutz

2021: 1.6
2022: 3 1sts, 1 2nd, 2 3rd, 2 4ths
2023: 2 1sts, 3 2nds, 1 3rd, 1 4th

Team 2

IDP Orphan 12 Team 1 QB PPR 0.5 Pt Per Comp, -0.5 Pt for Incomp
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Tua
RB: Mixon, CEH, Michel, James White
WR: Lockett, Gallup, Justin Jefferson, Reagor, Mims
TE: Gesicki, Goedert

DL: Chris Jones, Grady Jarrett, Jeffrey Simmons
LB: Brian Burns, Logan Wilson, Jordyn Brooks, K'Lavon Chiasson
DB: Marlon Humphrey, Eddie Jackson, Chuck Clark, Xavier McKinney, Kyle Dugger

Ice
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Ice » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:11 pm

Sriracha wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:14 am
Ice wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:48 am
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:42 am

Forgot to mention the draft capital; 2nd round pick vs 6th. That .01 time difference must not mean much

1 fumble on 268 touches this year for JT so I guess those 18 fumbles dont mean much. I remember people knocking Sanders for fumbles last year too. Seems like a fixable trait.

Catch better based on? I never watched Murray in college but Murray's best year was 27/231/4 as a 22 year old senior in CUSA. That's not better than JTs 26/252/5 as a 20 year old Junior in the Big Ten. JT was also busy rushing for an average of 2000 yards each year, but we can ignore that... And JT had 5 less receptions this year, as a rookie, than Murray's best year ever.
Come on Man.....It was just a lighthearted joke! :dance:
Murray isn't faster than JT. He ran his 40 time at his pro Day so he's ~ .4 seconds slower... but most importantly dude couldn't do bleep for 3 years at UCF :lol:

As for how rare JT's traits are: only 3 RBs in NFL history have run a 4.4 40 at 225+ lbs and have a 25 catch college season: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Antonio Gibson
You’re a Mess;

Murray is a God!
OCR is a Fantasy Football Troll with Instant Memory no Recall

hoos89
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hoos89 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:38 am

So now that JT's ADP is THREE can I trade him straight up for Saquon or Adams or add like a nominal amount to get CMC or Kamara?
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2020 Runner-up
Rodgers, Tannehill, Wentz
Taylor, Jacobs, Ekeler, D. Harris, Gaskin, Conner, Michel, McKinnon, Ahmed, Love
AJB, DJM, Aiyuk, Claypool, Sutton, Slayton, MVS, Agholor, J. Gordon
Andrews, Herndon
IR(3):
Taxi(4): Tua, G. Davis, Bowden
2021 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.11, 3.02, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Tannehill, Tua, Bridgewater, Mariota, Eason
Barkley, CEH, Ito, J. Jackson, Bowden, Homer, Love, Guice
J. Jefferson, McLaurin, T. Higgins, Jeudy, Cooks, Berrios, Byrd, Foster, Hansen, Harmon, C. Johnson, T. Johnson
Hooper, Eifert, Herndon
2021 Picks: 1.04, 1.07, 1.08, 1.11, 2.03, 2.04, 2.07, 2.08, 2.09, 3.11, 4.04

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:43 am

hoos89 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:38 am
So now that JT's ADP is THREE can I trade him straight up for Saquon or Adams or add like a nominal amount to get CMC or Kamara?
If you want? Lol I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying he's way overvalued and you prefer Barkley?

Barkley is great and all, I love the talent with both though. JT is in a better situation though and not coming off a serious injury. Barkley had a way better rookie year for sure but are you confident in making that swap? I'd probably just stick with JT.

I'd have no issue if someone sold JT for any of the names you mentioned but you'd have to add for CMC or Kanata and is that worth it? Also Adams is fantastic but RB are really hard to come by.

JT is awesome and 3 seems pretty high, pretty fast but I look after him and don't see anyone I clearly want over him
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Dillon, Gaskin, Mostert, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: [b]Mahomes, Ryan,[/b] Minshew, Trubisky, Mariota
RB: [b]Saquon, Dobbins, Jacobs, Hunt,[/b] Penny, Snell
WR: [b]AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel,[/b] G. Davis, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: [b]Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Tonyan,[/b] Irv
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:14 pm

Yarnith wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:05 am
I am happily sitting on both. The first 3/4 of the year I was getting nervous on JT but things clicked and he finally looked the part. I am still concerned on his longterm value. Not on talent but just usage since college. The numbers there are still insane but durability and career length are issues for future me.
College carries never mattered for the greats and probably is more a positive indicator, not a negative imo. AP, LT, Faulk, Sanders were all heavily used in college.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Yarnith
Captain
Captain

Postby Yarnith » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:24 pm

maxhyde wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:14 pm
Yarnith wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:05 am
College carries never mattered for the greats and probably is more a positive indicator, not a negative imo. AP, LT, Faulk, Sanders were all heavily used in college.
Since you mention it lets context that Marshall Faulk 766 carries in 3 years, AP 728 in 3 years, Barry Sanders 523 carries 3years, LT 943 carries in 4 years. That is heavy usage LT had the highest total. He averaged 236 carries a year. Johnathon Taylor? 926 carries in 3 years that 309 a year. Honestly it is an incredible number that I only mention because when you look at what you think was heavy usage historically JT blows that away by 30%.

RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CE,H, Ty Johnson, B. Love, D. Guice, R. Calais, D. Washington

WR: A.J. Brown, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Schuster, A. Cooper, R. Woods, D. Slayton, P. Williams, H. Ruggs, D. Mims, T. Smith, KJ Hamler

Bronco Billy
Starter
Starter

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:27 am

So durability is a negative trait for a RB? Seriously, I don’t get some of you guys. What’s next? That he carries the ball too much and his hands will get too smooth and he’ll start fumbling too much? That he’s run for too many yards and his feet will wear out soon?

Mjvb5
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:37 am

Bronco Billy wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:27 am
So durability is a negative trait for a RB? Seriously, I don’t get some of you guys. What’s next? That he carries the ball too much and his hands will get too smooth and he’ll start fumbling too much? That he’s run for too many yards and his feet will wear out soon?
This was my issue with using lack of college workload as a plus for guys namely Josh Jacob's. Slippery slope argument i know but the main progression from lack of workload is a plus into too large a workload as a negative is a very short step.

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:29 am

Mjvb5 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:37 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
This was my issue with using lack of college workload as a plus for guys namely Josh Jacob's. Slippery slope argument i know but the main progression from lack of workload is a plus into too large a workload as a negative is a very short step.
This is a good point. What we know in general is that getting a ton of work in college is a good thing. It was a red flag for Jacob, as you said, and it should have assured people about Taylor.

All RBs get injured and eventually wear down. There doesn’t appear to be any evidence that college workload is predictive of NFL injuries.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Yarnith
Captain
Captain

Postby Yarnith » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:25 am

Bronco Billy wrote:
I get it the amount of carries, hits and general abuse RB's sustain over a career has zero effect on how long they can play the position. That is why RB's normally play at a high level well into their 30's. We all know heavy usage is never a problem for the position much less historically high usage. Totally ignore it as I am sure it will have no effect on him playing for 20 more years.

Honestly if you have no concerns at all that he may peak and fade at a higher rate than the average you are just bad at math. Its not like I am saying he peaks now and fades into retirement after only 4 year a career. I am saying his peak may be closer to 24 than 27 and you should watch it if you own him. Its just pragmatic facts based on how Running Backs careers go. I don't get the pushback over the application of proper caution where it is clearly warranted. Its pure head in the sand ignorance.

Sriracha
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:43 am

Yarnith wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:25 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
I get it the amount of carries, hits and general abuse RB's sustain over a career has zero effect on how long they can play the position. That is why RB's normally play at a high level well into their 30's. We all know heavy usage is never a problem for the position much less historically high usage. Totally ignore it as I am sure it will have no effect on him playing for 20 more years.

Honestly if you have no concerns at all that he may peak and fade at a higher rate than the average you are just bad at math. Its not like I am saying he peaks now and fades into retirement after only 4 year a career. I am saying his peak may be closer to 24 than 27 and you should watch it if you own him. Its just pragmatic facts based on how Running Backs careers go. I don't get the pushback over the application of proper caution where it is clearly warranted. Its pure head in the sand ignorance.
Hard agree. Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart splitting work all those years really extended their careers! Adrian Peterson, Curtis Martin, Fred Taylor, Tiki Barber were workhorses so they all fell off in their 20's.

Or.. RBs are people, and people break down at different rates based on their life choices and genetics?