Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Vcize » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:40 pm It’s hard to prove anything when you get 11, 6, 7 carries a game, that’s what he’s gotten the past three games. The Colts are winning though so I doubt it changes but they aren’t doing him any favors, that’s for sure. Plus, their o-line hasn’t played nearly as well this season, add that to Taylor not performing as well as thought and Reich rotating 3 RBs and here we are, he’s really only usable in leagues with deep starting requirements. At least that’s what I’m doing, leaving him on the bench in most of my leagues where I own him.
That's what Swift was getting and he showed them he deserved more.

Taylor has been the opposite. He was getting touches early on and showed them he deserved fewer.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:13 pm

Vcize wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:40 pm It’s hard to prove anything when you get 11, 6, 7 carries a game, that’s what he’s gotten the past three games. The Colts are winning though so I doubt it changes but they aren’t doing him any favors, that’s for sure. Plus, their o-line hasn’t played nearly as well this season, add that to Taylor not performing as well as thought and Reich rotating 3 RBs and here we are, he’s really only usable in leagues with deep starting requirements. At least that’s what I’m doing, leaving him on the bench in most of my leagues where I own him.
That's what Swift was getting and he showed them he deserved more.

Taylor has been the opposite. He was getting touches early on and showed them he deserved fewer.
x2 on this, the argument with Swift and Dobbins getting more carries always predicated on them looking good with what touches they were getting(more so swift, Dobbins was more him showing play making on some carries) while the argument with JT and Akers has been they need more touches to be able to show there good or find a groove or smth. But why as a coach would I give them to the guy whos looked and performed worse.

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:36 pm

The Pack can be gashed up the gut... Very eager to see if the kid can get goin.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:08 am

TD41 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:36 pm The Pack can be gashed up the gut... Very eager to see if the kid can get goin.
Hopefully, they’ll actually give him a little room to run, last week on like 4-5 of his 7 carries, he had multiple defenders on him in the backfield. Or maybe they could use him more in the passing game, he had two nice catches last week for 25 yards, everyone seems to think Hines is so good, maybe they should let them switch roles a little more often, let Hines play more 1st and 2nd down and let Taylor have more passing game work.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:10 am

jordanzs wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:31 pm There are plenty of highly drafted RBs that just don't pan out. Perhaps he'll add himself to that list.
Yeah, it’s looking like there may be several from this rookie class, if we are being honest, as far as judging them this early on.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:06 am

TD41 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:36 pm The Pack can be gashed up the gut... Very eager to see if the kid can get goin.
I was thinking about that but it's a touch matchup for Indy still and I wonder how the game flow will go

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:08 am
Hopefully, they’ll actually give him a little room to run, last week on like 4-5 of his 7 carries, he had multiple defenders on him in the backfield. Or maybe they could use him more in the passing game, he had two nice catches last week for 25 yards, everyone seems to think Hines is so good, maybe they should let them switch roles a little more often, let Hines play more 1st and 2nd down and let Taylor have more passing game work.
I wonder why they keep running him up the middle rather than call plays for him to get to the outside. He's shows the burst to get the edge and upfield, but had little opportunities for him. Some is on him to bounce to the outside, but there are many plays where he is met so early he doesn't have a chance. I would think the whole offense would run better if he were used more in the passing game and with outside runs. Up the middle isn't working and no matter what Rivers passing stats say, no one respects the middle to deep pass from him.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:09 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:10 am
jordanzs wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:31 pm There are plenty of highly drafted RBs that just don't pan out. Perhaps he'll add himself to that list.
Yeah, it’s looking like there may be several from this rookie class, if we are being honest, as far as judging them this early on.
Yup no one wants to admit that these guys might be busts but honestly after swift, Robinson and Gibson I haven't been that impressed by any of them

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:25 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:09 am
Yup no one wants to admit that these guys might be busts but honestly after swift, Robinson and Gibson I haven't been that impressed by any of them
Clyde was 1st overall in total yards until Bell came in. He's also had 140 and 180-yard rushing games and has been averaging 4.7 YPC and 8.0 YPR, so I would add him, as well.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:48 am

Kmani6 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:25 am

Clyde was 1st overall in total yards until Bell came in. He's also had 140 and 180-yard rushing games and has been averaging 4.7 YPC and 8.0 YPR, so I would add him, as well.
Agreed, its been tough sledding these past couple weeks but CEH was a solid 12.5+ guy with a lot of room to grow and pop off. I would say that Dobbins has flashed in the moments he has had the opportunity, but he hasn't earned a heavier workload in the coaching staff's eyes
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:15 am

Dobbins and CEH have both impressed me, they just aren't being given a ton of opportunities. KC doesn't run the ball much and Hairball isn't giving Dobbins much in the way of opportunities. When they are involved, both look really good

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:16 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:48 am

Agreed, its been tough sledding these past couple weeks but CEH was a solid 12.5+ guy with a lot of room to grow and pop off. I would say that Dobbins has flashed in the moments he has had the opportunity, but he hasn't earned a heavier workload in the coaching staff's eyes
Sorry I misspoke, I more meant that as impressed relative to the value and hype they were being assigned. Clyde's been good, but he hasn't looked like a top 4 startup players, dobbins has shown flashes but I don't think that justifies a mid 2nd startup. While swift looks like a steal for a late 3rd or early 4th.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:19 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:16 am
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:48 am

Sorry I misspoke, I more meant that as impressed relative to the value and hype they were being assigned. Clyde's been good, but he hasn't looked like a top 4 startup players, dobbins has shown flashes but I don't think that justifies a mid 2nd startup. While swift looks like a steal for a late 3rd or early 4th.
1000% agree, I am happy I won the lottery from 4th last and took CEH, no way I would reach for him middle of thefirst round in a start up. As far as Dobbins goes relative to value, I took him 3rd overall with the expectation he would ride my bench and the ravens' bench for the vast majority of the year, so I wouldnt say he has slipped in my eyes, but it isn't fun seeing him still barely used even with Ingram going out.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trader_nation » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Is there a chance Taylor could get cut after this year? Obviously his tape is abysmal and now essentially the 3rd stringer. What's the financial hit for cutting a rookie 2nd round RB? Once Mack comes back, he's going to be 4th on the depth chart doesn't make much sense to keep him

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:18 pm

trader_nation wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:11 pm Is there a chance Taylor could get cut after this year? Obviously his tape is abysmal and now essentially the 3rd stringer. What's the financial hit for cutting a rookie 2nd round RB? Once Mack comes back, he's going to be 4th on the depth chart doesn't make much sense to keep him
No, 2nd rounders almost never get cut their 2nd year, even when they SUCK. Look at Rojo - all the leash, and it appears to be paying off.

Also, Mack is a free agent after this year
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)