Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jman3134
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1215
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby jman3134 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:29 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:21 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:17 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:04 am


You say that but the rookie wrs are off to a great start. I think it’s more likely that this Rb class, while still good, was oversold originally
What does a group of exceptional WRs have to do with how fast RBs acclimate?
Isn’t the wr position traditionally harder to acclimate to in the nfl? Not sure how you can say no preseason has been bad for rbs but then have a large group of wrs doing perfectly fine, seemingly completely unaffected
Because why does it take so long to acclimate to the position? The receivers have had major opportunity. Claypool with Johnson knocked out, Jefferson when Minnesota traded Diggs, Jeudy with Sutton headed to IR, Lamb with two elite receivers drawing coverage, etc. The receivers landed into better positions to succeed than a Dobbins, Akers, Swift.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Baker Mayfield, Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford
Rb: Saquon Barkley, Austin Ekeler, Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Matt Breida, Cam Akers, Chase Edmonds, David Johnson, D'onta Foreman
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Laviska Shenault, Julian Edelman, Diontae Johnson, John Brown, Keelan Cole, Darnell Mooney, Jalen Guyton, Travis Fulgham, Jakobi Meyers, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Richie James, Cam Sims, Dezmon Patmon
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Dan Arnold, Donald Parham
K: Jason Sanders
D: Baltimore Ravens
2021 picks:

Bronco Billy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:02 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:21 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:17 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:04 am


You say that but the rookie wrs are off to a great start. I think it’s more likely that this Rb class, while still good, was oversold originally
What does a group of exceptional WRs have to do with how fast RBs acclimate?
Isn’t the wr position traditionally harder to acclimate to in the nfl? Not sure how you can say no preseason has been bad for rbs but then have a large group of wrs doing perfectly fine, seemingly completely unaffected
It’s pretty easy. There have been a ton of starting CBs hampered by injuries so far, and as stated above a lot of rookie WRs have been getting opportunities they normally might not, some of them are seeing ST level DBs in coverage, and this year’s bunch has the looks of an outstanding group.

RBs on the other hand have to face the entire D instead of beating one guy, and almost every player in the league will tell you how much more fast the game is than college. The rooks just need to get more time under their belts to let the game slow down.

Normally that would happen in OTAs, TC, and PS. Now they’re going right into the fire. Be patient, and take advantage of owners who aren’t. It’s just an odd year.

Fournetto
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Fournetto » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:54 am

Bronco Billy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:02 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:21 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:17 am


What does a group of exceptional WRs have to do with how fast RBs acclimate?
Isn’t the wr position traditionally harder to acclimate to in the nfl? Not sure how you can say no preseason has been bad for rbs but then have a large group of wrs doing perfectly fine, seemingly completely unaffected
It’s pretty easy. There have been a ton of starting CBs hampered by injuries so far, and as stated above a lot of rookie WRs have been getting opportunities they normally might not, some of them are seeing ST level DBs in coverage, and this year’s bunch has the looks of an outstanding group.

RBs on the other hand have to face the entire D instead of beating one guy, and almost every player in the league will tell you how much more fast the game is than college. The rooks just need to get more time under their belts to let the game slow down.

Normally that would happen in OTAs, TC, and PS. Now they’re going right into the fire. Be patient, and take advantage of owners who aren’t. It’s just an odd year.
100% this
8 Team 1 PPR

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, DEF, K
QB: D. Brees, J. Goff
RB: A. Ekeler, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, G. Edwards, L. Perine, T. Pollard, B. Hill, J. Jackson, T. Cohen (IR), Z. Moss (T).
WR: M. Thomas, J. Jones, C. Godwin, M. Evans, T. McLaurin, AJ. Green, T. Boyd, C. Sutton (IR), M. Williams, A. Miller, D. Slayton, T. Patrick, D. People's-Jones, N. Harry, J. Ross, G. Davis (T)
TE: Z. Ertz, J. Smith, E. Engram, D. Goedert
DST: TB
K: Y. Koo
2021: 1st, 1st, 1st
2022: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:21 pm

Another solid week. He continues to look great catching passes out of the backfield. At this point they just need to get him more touches. He’s their best skill position player.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Sriracha
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1950
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:31 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:21 pm
Another solid week. He continues to look great catching passes out of the backfield. At this point they just need to get him more touches. He’s their best skill position player.
Amen :pray:

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby trader_nation » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:50 pm

I guess they have to use him more in the passing game because he looks so dreadful in the running game. 12 runs for 60 yards is now a moment for rejoicing for Taylor owners. Didn't actualyl watch the tape today but if it was anything like the first 5 weeks, then it will full of him running into his own offensive lineup, and cutting into defenders rather than away from them.
*Dsiclairmer: Did trade my only share of the ghost of Trent Richardson before the start of the game because he seems to be allergic to daylight in the running game*

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:57 pm

trader_nation wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:50 pm
I guess they have to use him more in the passing game because he looks so dreadful in the running game. 12 runs for 60 yards is now a moment for rejoicing for Taylor owners. Didn't actualyl watch the tape today but if it was anything like the first 5 weeks, then it will full of him running into his own offensive lineup, and cutting into defenders rather than away from them.
*Dsiclairmer: Did trade my only share of the ghost of Trent Richardson before the start of the game because he seems to be allergic to daylight in the running game*
Yeesh.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:03 pm

Also:
OhCruelestRanter wrote:Swift’s receiving production even in his limited role has been stellar- that’s why I’m really looking to buy him right now.
That was your chance.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

CGW
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2667
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby CGW » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:08 pm

trader_nation wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:50 pm
I guess they have to use him more in the passing game because he looks so dreadful in the running game. 12 runs for 60 yards is now a moment for rejoicing for Taylor owners. Didn't actualyl watch the tape today but if it was anything like the first 5 weeks, then it will full of him running into his own offensive lineup, and cutting into defenders rather than away from them.
*Dsiclairmer: Did trade my only share of the ghost of Trent Richardson before the start of the game because he seems to be allergic to daylight in the running game*
Not one of the best takes. JT has looked good, especially the last 2-3 weeks. He's their best offensive player and there really is no debate.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Cousins, Trubisky, Flacco
RB | Taylor, Elliott, Akers Wilkins, Wilson
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Mims, Miller, Mooney, Pascal, Coutee, R Higgins
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers, Herndon

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Minshew
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, R. Jones, Singletary, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, D. Johnson, Aiyuk, M. Brown, Slayton, Mooney, Kirk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Perriman
TE | Andrews, Henry, Sample, Schultz

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Glennon, Stidham
RB | Hines, Henderson, Wilkins, Penny, Ahmed, Guice
WR | Evans, Ridley, Golladay, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith
TE | L. Thomas, Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:12 pm

CGW wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:08 pm
Not one of the best takes.
:lol:
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Online
Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9276
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:12 pm

trader_nation wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:50 pm
I guess they have to use him more in the passing game because he looks so dreadful in the running game. 12 runs for 60 yards is now a moment for rejoicing for Taylor owners. Didn't actualyl watch the tape today but if it was anything like the first 5 weeks, then it will full of him running into his own offensive lineup, and cutting into defenders rather than away from them.
*Dsiclairmer: Did trade my only share of the ghost of Trent Richardson before the start of the game because he seems to be allergic to daylight in the running game*
So you sold him and now are trying to feel better about it.

You're on the 1st step it seems
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Dillon, Gaskin, Mostert, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: [b]Mahomes, Ryan,[/b] Minshew, Trubisky, Mariota
RB: [b]Saquon, Dobbins, Jacobs, Hunt,[/b] Penny, Snell
WR: [b]AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel,[/b] G. Davis, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: [b]Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Tonyan,[/b] Irv
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

User avatar
mild
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1512
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby mild » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:12 pm
trader_nation wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:50 pm
I guess they have to use him more in the passing game because he looks so dreadful in the running game. 12 runs for 60 yards is now a moment for rejoicing for Taylor owners. Didn't actualyl watch the tape today but if it was anything like the first 5 weeks, then it will full of him running into his own offensive lineup, and cutting into defenders rather than away from them.
*Dsiclairmer: Did trade my only share of the ghost of Trent Richardson before the start of the game because he seems to be allergic to daylight in the running game*
So you sold him and now are trying to feel better about it.

You're on the 1st step it seems
Isn't 12 for 60 like 5 yards a carry...? "this guy blows!" :lol:

Some terrible process there from the trader nation... I like how he knows that this guy is Trent Richardson the 2nd after a full four games of data.

With no offseason.

Behind a really good offensive line.

Whilst getting all the carries he can handle.

And with an athletic and college production pedigree in the 99.9% percentile.

!! hE's A bUsT1!1!1?1!

AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1986
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:36 pm

I've been saying for a while that I don't think he has great vision but calling him Trent Richardson is gratuitous. Also his pass catching is worlds better than I gave him credit for which must feel amazing for all JT believers, no reason why his running can't improve and with his athleticism he is always a threat to break of a large run/catch like Henry.

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby trader_nation » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:39 pm

I thought the JT truthers would have at least try to counter what I said and said that he's good at running the football. Instead I get a series of semi-troll posts telliing that JT is the best offensive player for the colts WTF? and he was good at college?

Anyway, I don't have PFF subscription why doens't someone just post his PFF for the year? instrad of getting all petty because JTT is extremly underwelming as per everyone who doesn't own him.

"He's their best offensive player and there really is no debate" Interesting, I would have thought it would have been All-Pro Quenton Nelson

"So you sold him and now are trying to feel better about it" Jiga, trolling people on threads isn't going to make your players play better. Don't worry about me, try and move off him the team in your signature before his value plummets even more.

"Isn't 12 for 60 like 5 yards a carry...? "this guy blows!"" read my post

"Behind a really good offensive line" "Whilst getting all the carries he can handle" that's the problem, he hasn't produced given the circumstances.

"And with an athletic and college production pedigree in the 99.9% percentile" you don't get FF ponts for this (perhaps you have different scoring rules thoug

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:19 pm

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby jomaed » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:01 pm

trader_nation wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:39 pm
I thought the JT truthers would have at least try to counter what I said and said that he's good at running the football. Instead I get a series of semi-troll posts telliing that JT is the best offensive player for the colts WTF? and he was good at college?

Anyway, I don't have PFF subscription why doens't someone just post his PFF for the year? instrad of getting all petty because JTT is extremly underwelming as per everyone who doesn't own him.

"He's their best offensive player and there really is no debate" Interesting, I would have thought it would have been All-Pro Quenton Nelson

"So you sold him and now are trying to feel better about it" Jiga, trolling people on threads isn't going to make your players play better. Don't worry about me, try and move off him the team in your signature before his value plummets even more.

"Isn't 12 for 60 like 5 yards a carry...? "this guy blows!"" read my post

"Behind a really good offensive line" "Whilst getting all the carries he can handle" that's the problem, he hasn't produced given the circumstances.

"And with an athletic and college production pedigree in the 99.9% percentile" you don't get FF ponts for this (perhaps you have different scoring rules thoug
My attempt at a counter. I have watched almost all his games and he seems to be improving every game. Like others have stated, a shortened camp and no preseason doesnt help. He is also not getting all the carries he can handle and the line has not been anywhere near elite this year. He is only only the field about 50% of the time. When he is on the field he is facing stacked boxes most of the time. I believe he is seeing 8 guys in the box more than any starter in the league to this point. So no, he's not wowing anyone but he's shown improvement almost every game, and has been better in the passing game than most expected even though his situation has been much worse than everyone envisioned after mack went down.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dynos, Jigga94, Shoreline Steamers, trc and 7 guests