General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:25 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:26 am
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:22 am
Kmani6 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:33 pm If JT finishes with the 1200 and 10 TD stat line there is absolutely no shot he is a top 5 dynasty startup pick. Clearly he has been taken really high this past month with just 3 games under his belt, and up until this point with 5, because there has been an expectation that he is going to improve significantly throughout this season. If he does not, then he probably won't even be a top 5 dynasty RB startup pick with CMC, Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, and Clyde all likely going above him. Let's be real... a 1200, 10 TD season is what we expected if he was the RB2 behind mack for half the year, not starting the entire season and getting 300 touches like he is on pace for currently. Both Clyde and JT have been given significant workloads thus far, and have disappointed, even if only slightly. Hopefully they both turn up or this is not going to be the RB class we expected at all.
Lol what? You need to work on managing your expectations then.
Jumped off the page at me too. Was he expecting IND to rush for 3500 yds and 25 TDs this season?
x3...this dude is completely out of touch with reality
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Fournetto
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Fournetto » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:51 pm

Yeah I'll pile on. I think 1200 scrimmage yards and 10 TDs plus 40 catches (220 PPR points) would be a great result for a 21 YO rookie RB with an interrupted pre season and a lack of distracting offensive weapons around him.
These numbers would have put JT at RB 13-14 on 2019 stats.

Currently he is on track for 1360 scrimmage yards, 8 TDs and 40 catches through his first 4 games of his career. That is a projection of 224 PPR points which would put him bang on RB13. Given his career is just starting and that he is learning the offence I think we can expect some improvement on these projections so long as he is healthy.

There's been positive glimpses and he'll get every opportunity. Good reason to be optimistic. I don't have him ahead of Dalvin Cook but he is right behind him I think.
8 Team 1 PPR

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, DEF, K
QB: D. Brees, J. Goff
RB: A. Ekeler, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, G. Edwards, L. Perine, T. Pollard, B. Hill, J. Jackson, T. Cohen (IR), Z. Moss (T).
WR: M. Thomas, J. Jones, C. Godwin, M. Evans, T. McLaurin, AJ. Green, T. Boyd, C. Sutton (IR), M. Williams, A. Miller, D. Slayton, T. Patrick, D. People's-Jones, N. Harry, J. Ross, G. Davis (T)
TE: Z. Ertz, J. Smith, E. Engram, D. Goedert
DST: TB
K: Y. Koo
2021: 1st, 1st, 1st
2022: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:31 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:00 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:27 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:41 am

Would break the single season record set by Baltimore last year by over 200 yards lol
My thought exactly! I also don’t think this guy understands the difference between rushing yards and scrimmage yards. 1200 rushing yards would have been 6th in the league last year and 4th the two before that.
Idk he seems to be moving the goal posts around. 1st it was 1200 yards (I assumed rushing yards) but now he's talking about only 1000 scrimmage yards, which as pointed out, he's well on pace to beat
No, I stated "If JT finishes with the 1200 and 10 TD stat line there is absolutely no shot he is a top 5 dynasty startup pick." I wasn't referring to rushing yards and nowhere did I say that. Someone took it and ran with it. The only point I was making is that he is not a top 5 dynasty startup pick if he were to finish with those stats.

Then it was said that I should work on managing my expectations. I simply responded with:

"The fact is that the ADP of JT in redraft leagues was somewhere around 40. You don't draft a guy at that range thinking he's putting up sub 1000 yards from scrimmage... so yes, that was the expectation."

I was not saying that he is ON pace for 1000 yards, I was quite literally saying the opposite in that he wasn't drafted that high to have low expectations. In other words, my expectations are reasonable.

Maybe my not replying to the specific comments caused ambiguity, but this should now be clear.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:43 pm

But you would though(draft him 40) because the expectation was he wouldn't steal the job from Mack until midseason when drafting.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:15 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:50 am1,200 yards and 10 TDs rush as a rookie would absolutely solidify him as a 1st rounder next year and contend for top 5.
Kmani6 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:31 pmNo, I stated "If JT finishes with the 1200 and 10 TD stat line there is absolutely no shot he is a top 5 dynasty startup pick." I wasn't referring to rushing yards and nowhere did I say that. Someone took it and ran with it. The only point I was making is that he is not a top 5 dynasty startup pick if he were to finish with those stats.

Then it was said that I should work on managing my expectations. I simply responded with:

"The fact is that the ADP of JT in redraft leagues was somewhere around 40. You don't draft a guy at that range thinking he's putting up sub 1000 yards from scrimmage... so yes, that was the expectation."

I was not saying that he is ON pace for 1000 yards, I was quite literally saying the opposite in that he wasn't drafted that high to have low expectations. In other words, my expectations are reasonable.

Maybe my not replying to the specific comments caused ambiguity, but this should now be clear.
The initial “1200 and 10” post was already talking about rushing yards. Nobody “took it and ran with it.”

This post is a mess.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:29 pm

JT was already a R1 startup pick before playing a down. 1200/10 on the ground should have him finish as a top 10 RB as a rookie. With his youth and the hype around him he would easily gain value if he finishes the season at the pace he’s currently on. Not saying I agree with it, but people tend to forget how the players actually looked playing and focus on year end finishes in the offseason.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:38 pm

jman3134 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:43 pm But you would though(draft him 40) because the expectation was he wouldn't steal the job from Mack until midseason when drafting.
Yea I agree with you! Not sure if people thought I was saying that 40 is too low, I was saying that it’s actually really high in redraft. Especially for a rookie who was the RB2 in his committee at the time, and who had no pre-season reps. So, based on that alone, the consensus expectations for JT were definitely very high.

It’s really interesting because guys like Sanders and Chubb who were in very similar positions within their backfields as rookies, and with similar draft capital to JT, were drafted lower in redraft.
Dynasty Team 1:

WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy

Dynasty Team 2:

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:44 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:15 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:50 am1,200 yards and 10 TDs rush as a rookie would absolutely solidify him as a 1st rounder next year and contend for top 5.
Kmani6 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:31 pmNo, I stated "If JT finishes with the 1200 and 10 TD stat line there is absolutely no shot he is a top 5 dynasty startup pick." I wasn't referring to rushing yards and nowhere did I say that. Someone took it and ran with it. The only point I was making is that he is not a top 5 dynasty startup pick if he were to finish with those stats.

The initial “1200 and 10” post was already talking about rushing yards. Nobody “took it and ran with it.”

This post is a mess.
You realize the post that I was referring to was claiming that he was certainly going to be a top 5 dynasty pick.

People ran with a single comment, but my only point was in disagreement with him being top 5.

The other guy (who I was referring to) said 1216 yards, without specifying. JT is on pace and projected for 1000 rushing yards right now, so I thought the 1216 was referring to scrimmage. Idk what’s so hard for you to get. I guess you have nothing better to do though.
Dynasty Team 1:

Dynasty Team 2:

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:44 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:15 pm

This post is a mess.
You realize the post that I was referring to was claiming that he was certainly going to be a top 5 dynasty pick.

People ran with a single comment, but my only point was in disagreement with him being top 5.

The other guy (who I was referring to) said 1216 yards, without specifying. JT is on pace and projected for 1000 rushing yards right now, so I thought the 1216 was referring to scrimmage. Idk what’s so hard for you to get. I guess you have nothing better to do though.
Man, why is this guy so angry? “I guess you have nothing better to do” is a needless ad hominem, and it reveals how upset you are over an Internet forum.

In any case, as multiple people have pointed out, you’re all over the place. Somebody points out that 1200 and 10 rushing would likely lead to a top 5 season, and the you said
Kmani6 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:31 pm Let's be real... a 1200, 10 TD season is what we expected if he was the RB2 behind mack for half the year
People pointed out that your expectations seemed wildly out of proportion, and you’ve then angrily moved the goalposts and got all in your feelings on the Internet ever since.

Maybe just relax, big guy. Take a breather.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:33 pm

JT is averaging a 47% snap share while putting up these numbers.

If he improves his snap share closer to 70% he could easily improve on these to end the year, and the hype on him (based on his college profile + rookie production) will likely propel him somewhere into the mid 1st round in startups. Right now I don't think he'd be top 5, but likely in the top 9 and if he improves as the season goes along (very possible, I'd almost say likely) he could find himself in the conversation with the top 4 RBs.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:05 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:38 pm
jman3134 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:43 pm But you would though(draft him 40) because the expectation was he wouldn't steal the job from Mack until midseason when drafting.
Yea I agree with you! Not sure if people thought I was saying that 40 is too low, I was saying that it’s actually really high in redraft. Especially for a rookie who was the RB2 in his committee at the time, and who had no pre-season reps. So, based on that alone, the consensus expectations for JT were definitely very high.

It’s really interesting because guys like Sanders and Chubb who were in very similar positions within their backfields as rookies, and with similar draft capital to JT, were drafted lower in redraft.
My point, though, (I guess I was implying and didn't spell it out) is that his redraft value was 40, despite the fact that most didn't believe he was going to be the bellcow for most of the season. Therefore, 1200 yards (however you are parsing it, rushing or all purpose) would be a lot and not a disappointment, as you have suggested.

For me, the concern is less so the rushing totals and or all purpose yards, and moreso how he actually looks on the field. And, can he be a goal line back and score tds?
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:49 pm

He looked better today than he had. Cleveland is 10th in rushing defense DVOA, and the negative game script hurt him.

The line played well. Hines seems entrenched as the two minute guy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:51 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:49 pm He looked better today than he had. Cleveland is 10th in rushing defense DVOA, and the negative game script hurt him.

Was just coming to say the same thing. More decisive. Made a few good cut backs inside to get 2 yards instead of trying to bounce into a bad angle, which shows maturity. So many guys try to bounce because they can in college.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:51 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:49 pm He looked better today than he had. Cleveland is 10th in rushing defense DVOA, and the negative game script hurt him.

Was just coming to say the same thing. More decisive. Made a few good cut backs inside to get 2 yards instead of trying to bounce into a bad angle, which shows maturity. So many guys try to bounce because they can in college.
Agreed. He did better at following his blockers today. Looks solid catching the ball as well. Hines is better, but that's fine for now

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:01 pm

He still missed a few obvious reads that even I noticed as someone who knows nothing about runningback. They mentioned it on air that he missed a huge hole cutting back to the right...with his speed it he would have taken it to the house.

I think it'll come. He looked pretty solid today despite the bad game script and he continues to catch every ball thrown at him.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler