GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:34 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:12 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:36 pm Timeshare is relative

You guys need to get a room!

CEH is going to be the better fantasy player. MJD says go review his 2009, 2010, and 2011 stat lines. Rumor has it his 3 extra pounds of weight meant nothing. :D
LOL. MJD ran a 4.39. Not comparable talents. Take a look at MJD's stat line and look at rushing stats CEH will never touch. Taylor>CEH. :D
As a big Bruin fan who watched a ton of college football when MJD was playing... Its a bit insulting that people compare CEH to MJD. You knew MJD was something special on his very first carry. He was an absolute animal, with the raw power to jump into a 7 man pile and somehow come out of the scrum with the football in his hands. He had multiple long TDs on both inside runs, outside runs, and punt returns.

CEH might be a fantasy star in the mold of Westbrook... but he is not anywhere close to MJD
Yep.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:03 pm

CEH is going to be the better fantasy player. MJD says go review his 2009, 2010, and 2011 stat lines. Rumor has it his 3 extra pounds of weight meant nothing. :D
This is the JT room though... Maybe take yourself back to the CEH room??

Also didn't MJD also have Zack Moss as his top RB or something? Lol he's just a wannabe hype man at this point

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:03 pm

Also didn't MJD also have Zack Moss as his top RB or something? Lol he's just a wannabe hype man at this point
He's referring to MJD the player. Which is ridiculous because MJD was another level of talent and athleticism as a runner. 4 days ago CEH was a solid RB, and now all of a sudden his situation has apparently increased his talent level somehow. Magic!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri May 01, 2020 3:59 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:59 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:54 pm People keep talking about Mack (who will be a slight hiccup to get past. Especially with OTAs being limited/nil) but what about Hines. I see him taking more away than Mack at times. Anything long yardage Hines will be in for pass protection/pass catching. Like said above it's a three headed monster the first year. Even if JT is the superior he's going to be bogged down by other role players while he learns.

Can the same be said for CEH? I don't think Williams puts up that resistance that JT will see.

Dobbins... sees one year of Ingram and then it's off to the races. Hill will be a mosquito flying around bothering every now and then, but absolutely nothing to worry about.

All that being said I own 1.2. And even with my own reasoning I'm not sure who to take. I still love JTs prototypical stature. I enjoy the upside of CEH on KC and Dobbins on BAL, but don't love their build size wise, but both situations are better. Luckily someone in front of me gets the b tougher choice out of the 3 and then I get a coin flip. More over analyzing to be done!
I agree.

Chris Ballard's done two interviews that I know of since drafting Taylor.

In both interviews, he continued to mention that the Colts view their backfield as a "1-2 punch" and not a single guy. He's mentioned that the Colts wanted to improve the amount of playmakers they have and Taylor and Pittman do that.

To me, if you're drafting Taylor, the potential workhorse type of workload is not this year..it's 2021. And even then, that depends on if they view him as a good enough receiving threat to keep Hines off the field.
Every year people quote this type of comment. What do you expect a GM to say? “We’re handing everything to this rookie, there won’t be a competition?” Don’t be surprised when you see some garbage platitude about Damien Williams being the starter in KC, or Kerryon and Swift forming a committee.
As if they were listening:
PFT wrote: G.M. Brett Veach recently told #PFTPM that Williams will remain the starter, but that Williams and Edwards-Helaire definitely will be in the mix.
Stop quoting this stuff as if it matters.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri May 01, 2020 4:09 am

I'm seeing posts that say either Taylor or CEH are hands down number 1 overall. I'm not sure how people are dismissive of either back so easily. As an owner of 1.01, I am genuinely torn.

CEH does seem to fit what KC does and what Reid wants perfectly. Taylor is more of a prototypical lead rb profile, but CEH fitting the Chiefs and Reid pumping out rb1s makes me think CEH is the safer bet (also because of better hands). I get the Taylor love though. It's tough to pass on a guy who looks awfully similar to Barkley, Peterson, Mixon mould.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:46 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:15 pm

He's referring to MJD the player. Which is ridiculous because MJD was another level of talent and athleticism as a runner. 4 days ago CEH was a solid RB, and now all of a sudden his situation has apparently increased his talent level somehow. Magic!
Yeah, I get that he's comparing him to himself, but it doesn't make sense either way

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Fri May 01, 2020 12:00 pm

TheNuts wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:09 am I'm seeing posts that say either Taylor or CEH are hands down number 1 overall. I'm not sure how people are dismissive of either back so easily. As an owner of 1.01, I am genuinely torn.

CEH does seem to fit what KC does and what Reid wants perfectly. Taylor is more of a prototypical lead rb profile, but CEH fitting the Chiefs and Reid pumping out rb1s makes me think CEH is the safer bet (also because of better hands). I get the Taylor love though. It's tough to pass on a guy who looks awfully similar to Barkley, Peterson, Mixon mould.
TheNuts hit the nuts with this post.

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sfoster2625 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:17 pm

TheNuts wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:09 am I'm seeing posts that say either Taylor or CEH are hands down number 1 overall. I'm not sure how people are dismissive of either back so easily. As an owner of 1.01, I am genuinely torn.

I’m right there with you. I’m leaning towards ceh though. His receiving upside plus the kc offense pushes him past Taylor for me but it’s close. I think Taylor is the more talented player but receptions and more td opportunities get you more points. Plus I have mahomes and if ceh is the bell cow that means I could be getting 6 fantasy points almost every time kc scores
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri May 01, 2020 2:21 pm

Sfoster2625 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:17 pm

I’m right there with you. I’m leaning towards ceh though. His receiving upside plus the kc offense pushes him past Taylor for me but it’s close. I think Taylor is the more talented player but receptions and more td opportunities get you more points. Plus I have mahomes and if ceh is the bell cow that means I could be getting 6 fantasy points almost every time kc scores
Polling of this board has it split almost exactly. 50/50. You're not alone.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 01, 2020 6:34 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:46 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Yeah, I get that he's comparing him to himself, but it doesn't make sense either way
While my post was tongue n Cheek to a degree; it is important to note MJD was a 2nd round pick vs a 1st rounder for CEH

Quite a bit of revisionist history going on.

Lastly, while MJD isn’t worth a damn at mock drafts the one pick he got right was CEH @ 32.

My thoughts are CEH is actually the more talented overall of the 2 by a small margin but time will tell. MJD was one of my favorite players of all time. CEH has a long way too go to be that good career wise but he is off to a good start based on his draft capital.

Carry on!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri May 01, 2020 9:20 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:59 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:59 pm

I agree.

Chris Ballard's done two interviews that I know of since drafting Taylor.

In both interviews, he continued to mention that the Colts view their backfield as a "1-2 punch" and not a single guy. He's mentioned that the Colts wanted to improve the amount of playmakers they have and Taylor and Pittman do that.

To me, if you're drafting Taylor, the potential workhorse type of workload is not this year..it's 2021. And even then, that depends on if they view him as a good enough receiving threat to keep Hines off the field.
Every year people quote this type of comment. What do you expect a GM to say? “We’re handing everything to this rookie, there won’t be a competition?” Don’t be surprised when you see some garbage platitude about Damien Williams being the starter in KC, or Kerryon and Swift forming a committee.
PFT wrote: G.M. Brett Veach recently told #PFTPM that Williams will remain the starter, but that Williams and Edwards-Helaire definitely will be in the mix.
I'm not telling you to pick Taylor based off what happens this year. I'm simply saying that anyone picking him with the expectation that he is immediately a three down workhorse may be disappointed.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat May 02, 2020 5:56 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:20 pm

I'm not telling you to pick Taylor based off what happens this year. I'm simply saying that anyone picking him with the expectation that he is immediately a three down workhorse may be disappointed.
Right, and I’m just saying that the premise you used to support this notion is just useless GM speak. It happens with every rookie. I told you it would happen with CEH, and it happened hours later. Your premise has the same validity as saying that you would be cautious of Taylor being a workhorse because Marlon Mack has a higher Madden rating. It just isn’t useful information.

Every rookie has the potential to disappoint if you expect them to immediately be a workhorse. The GM saying that the veteran is going to be involved has nothing to do with it.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 02, 2020 6:44 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:56 am

Right, and I’m just saying that the premise you used to support this notion is just useless GM speak. It happens with every rookie. I told you it would happen with CEH, and it happened hours later. Your premise has the same validity as saying that you would be cautious of Taylor being a workhorse because Marlon Mack has a higher Madden rating. It just isn’t useful information.

Every rookie has the potential to disappoint if you expect them to immediately be a workhorse. The GM saying that the veteran is going to be involved has nothing to do with it.
It's a combination of those comments and the fact that the coach has played 2-3 RBs in his stops as OC. It's useless GM speak when coaching tendencies don't match with the comments.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat May 02, 2020 6:57 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:44 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:56 am

It's a combination of those comments and the fact that the coach has played 2-3 RBs in his stops as OC. It's useless GM speak when coaching tendencies don't match with the comments.
Your original post made absolutely no mention of Frank Reich’s RB usage.

I don’t know how I can explain it any more simply. There are plenty of reasons to prefer CEH to Taylor. There are reasons to think CEH might see more early work than Taylor. The GM, in May, saying that the veteran RB is going to be involved, is not one of those reasons, and mentioning it detracts from useful discussion and analysis.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 02, 2020 7:11 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:57 am Your original post made absolutely no mention of Frank Reich’s RB usage.

I don’t know how I can explain it any more simply. There are plenty of reasons to prefer CEH to Taylor. There are reasons to think CEH might see more early work than Taylor. The GM, in May, saying that the veteran RB is going to be involved, is not one of those reasons, and mentioning it detracts from useful discussion and analysis.
I'm not even talking about CEH though. I have Taylor above him.

And it is potentially useful discussion. Only time will tell if it's not. If the GM comes out and says that "Taylor is going to be the workhorse" then I'm sure we would be discussing that as well. Should all of this change who you draft? No, because this is dynasty. Should you consider it with projections and how you build your team? Absolutely.