Corey Davis - is this it, will it get better?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Corey Davis’ development

Postby btv802 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:04 am

As expected, Mariota's improvement tying directly to Davis' success. Good week for him. Lets see some consistency though.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:36 am

That is a bit of an understatement as he is likely to be a top 6 WR this week ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:38 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:36 am That is a bit of an understatement as he is likely to be a top 6 WR this week ;)
It was a great week for him. He dominated Stephon Gilmore all day. Probably my favorite play of the day was on an inaccurate pass later in the game over to the left sidelines where he had to elevate and stretch in order to make one of those circus catches he's shown the ability to make. His catch radius is bonkers.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:42 am

btv802 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:38 am
ArrylT wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:36 am That is a bit of an understatement as he is likely to be a top 6 WR this week ;)
It was a great week for him. He dominated Stephon Gilmore all day. Probably my favorite play of the day was on an inaccurate pass later in the game over to the left sidelines where he had to elevate and stretch in order to make one of those circus catches he's shown the ability to make. His catch radius is bonkers.
I like that you upped your game like Corey Davis did his. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:45 am

The catch radius was something that fascinated me on a few of his rookie season catches. 2 great games now this year...

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:58 am

Pretty heavily invested in Davis as I invested the 44th and 50th pick in 2 of my start up drafts this off season. Whenever the offense does great he does great or vise versa, if I can just get a little bit of consistency out of Mariota I think he can be a weekly WR2.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:02 pm

I read somewhere that Mariota finally has feeling back in his hand/elbow or something like that, so hopefully this wasn't a one game thing for him and he can keep getting the ball to Davis.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:47 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:02 pm I read somewhere that Mariota finally has feeling back in his hand/elbow or something like that, so hopefully this wasn't a one game thing for him and he can keep getting the ball to Davis.
Don’t sleep on Marcus. I just sold him so I feel like a hypocrite saying that but I still believe in the guy. I’ll probably buy him back at some point.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Titans offense is showing signs of life the past few weeks. If the training wheels are off, then Davis could be big ROS. He looked fantastic against the Patriots.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:11 pm

btv802 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:47 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:02 pm I read somewhere that Mariota finally has feeling back in his hand/elbow or something like that, so hopefully this wasn't a one game thing for him and he can keep getting the ball to Davis.
Don’t sleep on Marcus. I just sold him so I feel like a hypocrite saying that but I still believe in the guy. I’ll probably buy him back at some point.
I just picked him up for Landry & a 2nd. Grabbed Landry in the offseason anticipating his fit in Haley’s system. With Haley gone, was looking to divest and Mariota seemed like a good buy-low opportunity.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Also Corey Davis has a fairly friendly run for the year.

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Corey Davis - is this it, will it get better?

Postby Wizard » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:23 am

What are everyone's thoughts on Corey Davis? He's played 3 years with kind of a 2nd year breakout but the third being a dud. Granted he had Marcus Mariota as his QB for 2 and half years (but even then, Mariota was dealing with a lot of health problems during those years). Then Tannehill comes along and not much changes. Is he a bust? Is he a sell or a buy? Should us owners hang on another year (or is it 2) to see if he goes to a better situation as a free agent? I don't know what to do with him except NOT play him. I hate giving up on the guy.
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Corey Davis - is this it, will it get better?

Postby Jcedwards » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:48 am

I had a chance to trade for him and I decided against it. AJB is the #1 there now, and as you stated, not much changed once Tannehill took over. I think the only hope may be to leave once his rookie deal is up and he gets a fresh start elsewhere.
Last edited by Jcedwards on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:49 am

It's kinda funny, I kept saying his career arc looked eerily like Parker's before last year, and how he was probably a good sell last off-season because he was one more failed breakout from behind valued like Parker. That's still true today, only now it's more a glimmer of hope than a warning.
He still looks very skilled and able to get open on tape, but it seems like he's not the physical WR the Titans want. The best thing for him would be a trade to a team like the eagles this year, but more likely he plays in TN and walks next year. In TN he's nothing more than a decoy.
I think he's av hold either way. Most likely he is what he has been, but it's worth waiting a year and change to see him on a different team.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:56 am

Wizard wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:23 am What are everyone's thoughts on Corey Davis? He's played 3 years with kind of a 2nd year breakout but the third being a dud. Granted he had Marcus Mariota as his QB for 2 and half years (but even then, Mariota was dealing with a lot of health problems during those years). Then Tannehill comes along and not much changes. Is he a bust? Is he a sell or a buy? Should us owners hang on another year (or is it 2) to see if he goes to a better situation as a free agent? I don't know what to do with him except NOT play him. I hate giving up on the guy.
What better situation? Tanny came in, was a top 10 QB and CD still didn't do squat. I just don't understand why so many owners can't quit him when he hasn't shown to be a top 10 or even 24 WR ever in the league. Are you guys still holding onto your pre-draft eval of him? I get why ppl still went nuts over Josh Gordon even on his 2nd & third comeback because at least he had that 1 magical top 10 season dangling that carrot out there.

Ppl still trying to justify CD but last offseason everyone jumping off ARob because he was a 1 year wonder doing it in garbage time 2 years ago. This community drives me nuts sometimes. /rant
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle