James Conner

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Conner dynasty value

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:19 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:09 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:56 pm Did I just read an implication that James Conner is better than DeAngelo Williams was?
I know recency and optimism, but c'mon.
Ehemmmm
Bump again when Conner has a 20 touchdown season and puts up 4.7 for his career :roll: :doh:

TheGoat21
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheGoat21 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:17 am

I just traded Conner for Guice and a 3rd fwiw. I have Bell, but am hoping for a return this month.
12 Team Superflex .5ppr / .8ppr for TE
Start: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 Flex, SFlex

QB: Dak, Fields, Dobbs, Bagent
RB: JT, Bijan, Gibbs, Dobbins, Jackson, Vaughn
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Diontae, JSN, QJ, Flowers, Elijah, Downs, Nacua, Boutte, Phillips, Ross, Palmer, Tolbert
TE: Pitts, Fant, Ferguson, Likely, Turner, Albert O

2x 2025 1st

10 team .5ppr
Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE, 2 Flex

QB: Fields, Dak
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, Akers, Zeke
WR: JJeff, CD, JSN, Downs, Elijah, Mooney, Meyers, Doubs, Reed
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Musgrave, Albert O, Kmet

2024 1st, 2x 2025 1st

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:48 pm

It's amazing phaded hasn't posted anything after crapping on this guy three times before his game one explosion. Cmon man. Let us know how that crow tastes. Btw he's absolutely going to be the man thier next year barring major injury. For those guys that sold him for a first or less you could have doubled that today. :wall: :wall: I have him in every league after watching his preseason exploits and hearing about how he tore up training camp. Maybe all you guys who sold low should do some more research.
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:03 pm

...it's one game against the Browns.
In which he fumbled at a crucial time and let the Browns get back in it.

I am not "eating crow" because there is none to eat. If you have done this as long as I have, you know coming to a conclusion after week one is stupid and how inexperienced owners make mistakes.

One good performance does not solidify value but should only push you to sell. He is a very risky long term bet.

Krypto_King covered the DWill thing so I had no need to respond.

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:38 pm

JFever wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:38 pm This one could go either way. Conner has shown flashes. I'm not sure Pitt views him as a 3 down back. If they did, I don't think they'd have drafted Samuel.
I alway find comments like this silly. Teams need more than one RB on the team...so they either get them from FA, trade for them, or draft them. It has nothing to do with how they view Conner. The Rams added John Kelley. Does that mean they don't view Gurley as a 3 down back. Furthermore, when Pitt drafted Samuels, Bell was still expected to report and be the RB1, not Conner. So now Pitt doesn't view Bell as a 3 down back and had to grab a RB in Rd5 to take his touches? C'mon Man.
TEAM 1. 12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, A Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR: AJ Brown, C Godwin, T Lockett, J Washington, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, B Perriman
TE: Zach Ertz, D Goedert, Will Dissly
K: Steven Gostkowski
D/ST: Rams Defense

2020 picks 1.10, 2.10, 4.10, 5.10, 6.10, 7. 10

TEAM 2

12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR

QB: Baker Mayfield, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: Kareem Hunt, Derrick Henry, Kerryon Johnson, Adrian Peterson, C Hyde
WR: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, D Parker, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, J Ross, D Funchess
TE: Zach Ertz, Irv Smith Jr, Will Dissly
K: Stephen Gostkowski
D/ST: Broncos Defense

2020 picks 1.02, 2.01, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 5.02, 6.02, 7.02

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:47 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:19 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:09 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:56 pm Did I just read an implication that James Conner is better than DeAngelo Williams was?
I know recency and optimism, but c'mon.
Ehemmmm
Bump again when Conner has a 20 touchdown season and puts up 4.7 for his career :roll: :doh:

This is the problem with a lot of the guys on here, no vision. Conner is much better right now then a 32 year old D Williams was when he took the rock for double digit TDs in the Pitt system. Conner is an amazing buy right now because of his situation and how Pitt uses its RB1. Its fantasy gold. Waiting around for the 20 td season to happen and then realizing it when its too late is worse than paying a 1st rd pick and Conner ends up being nothing. 50% of the time that 1st round pick of the time ends up a borderline flex option for your lineup anyhow. We are talking about the chance at finding the next fantasy stud and the low cost of a gamble 1st rd pick.

RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, A Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR: AJ Brown, C Godwin, T Lockett, J Washington, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, B Perriman

TEAM 2

WR: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, D Parker, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, J Ross, D Funchess

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 pm

lilpuppy99 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:38 pm
JFever wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:38 pm This one could go either way. Conner has shown flashes. I'm not sure Pitt views him as a 3 down back. If they did, I don't think they'd have drafted Samuel.
I alway find comments like this silly. Teams need more than one RB on the team...so they either get them from FA, trade for them, or draft them. It has nothing to do with how they view Conner. The Rams added John Kelley. Does that mean they don't view Gurley as a 3 down back. Furthermore, when Pitt drafted Samuels, Bell was still expected to report and be the RB1, not Conner. So now Pitt doesn't view Bell as a 3 down back and had to grab a RB in Rd5 to take his touches? C'mon Man.
Huh? I think you may have misunderstood, and possibly you didn't notice the date that statement was posted. You may have also missed the question that I was responding to. Context is important. C'mon man...
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:21 am

JFever wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 pm
Huh? I think you may have misunderstood, and possibly you didn't notice the date that statement was posted. You may have also missed the question that I was responding to. Context is important. C'mon man...

Oh I read it. You said they didn't view Conner as a 3 down back so they drafted Samuel. One has nothing to do with the other. Bell was the starter when they drafted Samuel, not Conner. And when a team drafts a Rb as late as they did Samuel, that has little to nothing to do with how they feel about their RB situation other then they need another RB on the team. Most teams roster more than 2 running backs, your rational makes no sense. That is all I am saying.

TEAM 2

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:00 am

I have Conner on some teams that weren't expected to contend this year. Do you guys think Conner has future value beyond this year and he's a hold? Selling high? He's a tricky commodity for non-Bell owners and non-contenders.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Conner absolutely has value after this season. How much, we don't know. It's a gamble. He could be in a time share with L.Bell or perhaps more. On a rebuild he is a hold unless you get a friendly offer. On a contending team, he is a hold for sure as he'll help you toward your goals.
lilpuppy99 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:21 am
JFever wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Oh I read it. You said they didn't view Conner as a 3 down back so they drafted Samuel. One has nothing to do with the other. Bell was the starter when they drafted Samuel, not Conner. And when a team drafts a Rb as late as they did Samuel, that has little to nothing to do with how they feel about their RB situation other then they need another RB on the team. Most teams roster more than 2 running backs, your rational makes no sense. That is all I am saying.
Well, reading and then understanding seem to be two different things. If you are looking to join the ranks of the D-bags around here, congrats, youre off to a great start.

On the afternoon of Sept 6th, before the first week of play for Pittsburgh and while L.Bell's situation was as evolved as it has become, the op posts this:

"Anyone think Conner has value beyond this year? I like him as a player but don't know if he can be a true RB1. I can get a 2020 2nd on a rebuild. Worth it, or hold and hope he's the starter next year?"

I was the first forum member to respond 22 minutes later innocently enough attempting to not be too quick to judge or interject any personal bias, as a Conner owner in 3 of my 6 leagues and a NON Bell owner in Any league, I replied with;

"This one could go either way. Conner has shown flashes. I'm not sure Pitt views him as a 3 down back. If they did, I don't think they'd have drafted Samuel."

And, now you want to bust my balls over it? Seems like an odd thing to be a @##$%%^& over don't ya think? Whatever your trying to clarify or bring to the table here, please do. Maybe try to answer the op's question. Because, Other than be a jack-wagon, I don't see what the point was? I mentioned Conner has shown flashes.... (True - he has) My post was submitted 3 days before Pittsburgh played Cleveland, I mentioned that I wasn't sure how Pittsburgh views him - 3 down or not - and perhaps them drafting Samuel played a part in either a. Value, b. future need, c. current view of strengths and weaknesses of current rb stable. Bottom line is - I don't know and here is the real point to my response - neither do you.

I've been an active member here since 2011 and in the 7 years I've been here I've seen and interacted with a wide variety of folks. What you are doing here seems incredibly misplaced, and its snarky / rude comments like yours that lower the standards and value of the DLF forums. Many high quality people have moved on because of approaches like you've chosen to take. Like, where is the value in your point exactly?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:52 pm

I may be vastly underrating Conner here...but even if the Steelers don't spend a high pick or go big in free agency, I feel like they could bring in somebody like Yeldon or TyMo next season and they'd be legit competition for touches with Conner. That's where I'm at with him.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:03 pm

His value is like my portfolio, so "I'd say strong....to quite strong."

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:52 pm

All I'll say is that in 2015 when Hyde had that 168 yd game against Minnesota and looked amazing I knew I should have sold high but I didn't b/c I was like, man maybe he really is legit. If you can get a guy like Guice, or similar value, I think that's the prudent move.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:19 pm

If you have Conner, the questions you need to ask yourself:

1. If he gets injured, is he going to come back to the same role and spot long-term?

2. If he was a free agent, how many teams would view him as a starting RB?

3. Is his success tied to the Steelers run-blocking, or is he a really good RB on his own?

Last Sunday, I didn't see anything that an average RB couldn't do. The run-blocking was fantastic and even though Conner doesn't hit the lanes fast, he got through them.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Conner owner just offered him to me for Kerryon and a mid 1st, which seems steep. His value is sky high right now.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert