Justice Hill value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Justice Hill?

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:41 am

What are your thoughts on Justice Hill? - Short-term? Long-term?
I liked some of what I saw from him against the Jags

Anyone expect him to carve out a significant role in this offense this year & beyond or purely a complimentary piece / lifetime flex play for fantasy purposes?

Are you currently buying/selling/holding?

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Justice Hill?

Postby IBall2 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:55 am

I think he'll have a slow start this year behind Ingram but I think he could be the gun in a year or 2. I don't own him currently but would like to try and buy him before the trade deadline this season. Future outlook - I see a middle of the road RB2 that is good depth on your roster but you dont want him to be your #1.

He did win the starting job his freshman year in college over Chris Carson which is a nice feather in the cap but his yards per carry and receiving stats were lower than Carsons that season.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:57 am

IBall2 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:55 am I think he'll have a slow start this year behind Ingram but I think he could be the gun in a year or 2. I don't own him currently but would like to try and buy him before the trade deadline this season. Future outlook - I see a middle of the road RB2 that is good depth on your roster but you dont want him to be your #1.

He did win the starting job his freshman year in college over Chris Carson which is a nice feather in the cap but his yards per carry and receiving stats were lower than Carsons that season.
Sure, I agree that he'll likely never be a guy you want as your #1
I would take (long-term) middle of the road RB2 all day, especially at his price

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:49 am

I think the next two years he's gonna be solid behind Ingram (low end RB2?). After that, I think he carves out a low end RB1, high end RB2 role.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:05 am

He runs with juice. I wish I had a share of him. There will be opportunity to take the RB1 share in Baltimore in the next two seasons. A fine 2nd round pick right now.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:13 am

He's the type of guy I'd be hoping flashes this year so you can flip him prior to next year's draft, because any of about 10 RBs in that class would destroy his chances of becoming a lead back in Baltimore. I see him being a mainstay in the league as at least a backup/CoP back, but I'm not sure I see steady RB1/2 years out of him. His weight and BMI are what worry me the most about his durability in the NFL if ever thrown into a heavy workload of 15+ touches.

I do have shares. I do like the player. I do like most of his metrics. I do not see long-term RB1/2 potential.

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jimmycricket14 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:54 am

Maybe it's just me but I have a really hard time seeing him ever getting the job as the feature back. Looks like a COP back to me with potential to get into the RB2 range some years when things break right like James White or Austin Ekeler. If Ingram goes down or declines I see Dixon or Edwards taking the early down work. Could be Phillip Lindsay 2.0 but I am not counting on it.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:54 am

snaps06 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:13 am He's the type of guy I'd be hoping flashes this year so you can flip him prior to next year's draft, because any of about 10 RBs in that class would destroy his chances of becoming a lead back in Baltimore. I see him being a mainstay in the league as at least a backup/CoP back, but I'm not sure I see steady RB1/2 years out of him. His weight and BMI are what worry me the most about his durability in the NFL if ever thrown into a heavy workload of 15+ touches.

I do have shares. I do like the player. I do like most of his metrics. I do not see long-term RB1/2 potential.
We've been expecting Baltimore to use a high draft pick on a RB since Rice was cut. I'm coming around to the idea that Harbaugh probably just doesn't think he needs to invest a lot at RB.
OTOH, they did just sign Ingram to kinda decent money, so maybe they are changing their stance.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:56 am

On Hill, it doesn't seem that crazy that he could hold down the RB1 spot in Baltimore for a year or 2. I'd be much more surprised to see the Dyno darling Darwin Thompson become a teams primary back than I would be by Hill doing so.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:02 am

He has a legit shot to be a Kamara type if he develops. The Ravens have gone from an extremely slow offensive unit to one with blazing speed.

QB development is key but with Hill and their WR’s they have a chance to be special.

Worth owning due to upside but patience is needed.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:30 am

Big fan as well. He's probably the guy I regret the most of not owning a piece of. He's explosive looking.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:47 am

Long the, I don't see him as RB1 in Baltimore unless he develops into a power in between the tackles runner, which is not his game

This year, I see him playing limited snaps with Kennith Dixon ahead of him and Dixon getting most of the 3rd down swing RB snaps.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:00 am

remedy29 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:47 am Long the, I don't see him as RB1 in Baltimore unless he develops into a power in between the tackles runner, which is not his game

This year, I see him playing limited snaps with Kennith Dixon ahead of him and Dixon getting most of the 3rd down swing RB snaps.
Ehhh the only things I've read is Dixon being on the roster bubble. Hes definitely a good stash in case he goes to the Bucs though.

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:49 am

Dixon is toast. Justice is the future and the present.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:00 am
remedy29 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:47 am Long the, I don't see him as RB1 in Baltimore unless he develops into a power in between the tackles runner, which is not his game

Ehhh the only things I've read is Dixon being on the roster bubble. Hes definitely a good stash in case he goes to the Bucs though.
:lol: exactly the reason I'm still holding guys in crowded backfields (Boston Scott, TJ Yeldon).