Intersted Devy Leaguers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Intersted Devy Leaguers

Postby pierson242 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:27 pm

Curious to see, how many people here don’t play devy leagues? How many are intersted in joining a devy league?

Drop some answers below!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Intersted Devy Leaguers

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:49 pm

I don't. I actually don't like the format, personally. I pay attention to college, but the NFL does not have a farm system, and I don't like the idea of watering down rookie drafts. I don't like the idea of drafting players that aren't in the NFL, and especially years out. I just simply don't like the format. No offense to others that play it, I just think it's a poor setup. There is no sport that drafts players before they enter the league, and then draft players that aren't drafted later. It's a 2 tiered draft system, and I personally don't care for it. I've also seen some Devy leagues where a guy can't even fill a roster of NFL players for his starting lineup, which I'm sure is an anomaly, but completely absurd.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:55 pm

I am in one Devy league, it's a rolling bankroll/auction league, 16 team SF and we can have up to 5 Devys, I currently own Trevor Lawrence, Jake Fromm, Laviska Shenault, Tee Higgins and Justyn Ross. I'll likely add more Devy leagues at some point in the future, but I've always been into the NFL Draft and looking to the future, so I am always interested in good Devy content both for fantasy and just personal interest purposes.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:16 am

I'm in five dynasty leagues, zero devy. Not that interested in joining one for the same reasons as FantasyFreak. I can see the appeal for huge college football fans, but it's not for me.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:20 am

I just wonder how FantasyFreak REALLY feels about devy. :think: :wink:

I started with devy a couple years ago and 5 of m y 14 leagues utilize some sort of devy aspect from leagues with 1 devy allowed per year in lieu of any draft pick, to leagues with completely separate 2 to 3 round devy drafts, and even one with up to 42 devy placeholders that can bu used by anyone at anytime in the rookie draft. I like the ratio I have going of devy to non devy, as it's nice to dabble in future classes while still having the classic rookie drafts with the class in tact. It has certainly improved my knowledge of the overall player pool and of incoming rookies in those leagues without devy.

I guess I could say that dynasty variety is the spice of life... But then again it could just be the crutch of the indecisive.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:21 am

no devy, no interest.
dilutes the rookie draft and college football can be mind numbingly boring.

Bam_19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Bam_19 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:24 am

Don’t play in one but am looking to pick one up this year. Under $100 if anyone has a start up. Auction preferred.
12 man league
1pt per 20 yards rushing/receiving, 1pt per 50 passing/TD 6 and 4/PPR 0.5/1QB-1RB-3WR-1TE-Flex-DEF-K
QB - Jackson
RB - Mixon - Sanders - J.Hill
WR - Sutton - Aj Brown - Cooks - Hollywood - Harry - Slayton - Whiteside - Campbell - Hardman - C. Davis - Isabella - Ross
TE - Engram - Irv Smith
DEF - Rotating
K - Rotating

Montanacub
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Montanacub » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:31 am

I am in one start up league that will have a 2 Devy aspect (1 offense/ 1 defense) I was in one bankroll last year that Devy was an option only. In those leagues, Devy is strictly an aspect of team management strategies, so I get it as an option. Can't say enough to judge yet.

I am totally opposite of killer of giants.

I find NFL games mind numbingly boring to watch even tho I LOVE nfl fantasy. I'd much rather watch ANY college game before I watch NFL. Different strokes lol.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:35 am

Montanacub wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:31 am I am totally opposite of killer of giants.

I find NFL games mind numbingly boring to watch even tho I LOVE nfl fantasy. I'd much rather watch ANY college game before I watch NFL. Different strokes lol.
sure!
i guess it's the horrific tackling standards that properly irritate me, and it has just as much commercials thrown in as nfl games.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:44 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:21 am no devy, no interest.
dilutes the rookie draft and college football can be mind numbingly boring.
I’m with you. I only watch the big bowl games and even those, I find myself changing the channel.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:44 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:43 am No devy, no IDP, no kickers and no DSTs.
...so no fun!

No, just kidding COD

And just for the record guys, as it seems to be a repeating theme her, you don't have to watch college to participate and to be educated on college players. There is a ton of great content/film out there. It's not much different in that respect than your incoming rookies. You don't HAVE to watch college ball to be ready for your rookie draft. Just sayin'.

But absolutely to each his own.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:49 pm There is no sport that drafts players before they enter the league, and then draft players that aren't drafted later.
Actually this is pretty much what MLB does except they fold the two into 1 draft (2020HS class + 2020NCAA class) and I think the NBA would be better off with a similar system as well.

As for OP, I really like the challenge of devy but I find most leagues the devy component is far too shallow. If it is only 1 or 2 per team people are just drafting the few names they've heard and hoping for a good landing spot in the draft. I'd like to see at least 5x12 devy rights per league

Fins1354
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Fins1354 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:07 am

I'm in a few devy leagues, the ones I like best are with multiple copies of players. A 28 team league with 2 copies of each player allows you to restrict the devy draft to only 1 copy per player and leave the other copy for when they enter the NFL. My 14 team devy league waters down the rookie draft too much for my liking, for instance this year's projected top 10 rookies are already rostered.

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:16 am

No devy leagues for me mostly because I am disinterested in college football and the NCAA in general. I also don't like the idea of diluting the value of the rookie draft, but not to the extent of others. I do listen to devy content though, because I like getting the little nuggets on the upcoming class that I wouldn't otherwise hear about. But my devy content consumption is just to supplement my knowledge for my regular dynasty rookie drafts.
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Richardson, Dak, Watson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Achane, Mixon, Ekeler, Javonte Williams, Mostert, Dobbins, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, QJ, Bateman, MT, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
1.07, 3.04, 4.07

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th