Greg Olsen Thread - Leaving Carolina

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Cutting Greg Olsen

Postby btv802 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:52 am

Being reported that Olsen is going to rest for a month and then try to play through his foot injury.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:28 am

Per Rotoworld:

Greg Olsen (foot) participated during individual drills on Thursday.

Olsen was spotted running routes and working on the sled during the portion of practice open to the media. He could still draw a "DNP" designation on the injury report, but Olsen is clearly trending in the correct direction. He could return Week 6 against Washington. With tight end as thin as ever, Olsen should be added and stashed in the leagues he was dropped.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:37 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:28 am Per Rotoworld:

Greg Olsen (foot) participated during individual drills on Thursday.

Olsen was spotted running routes and working on the sled during the portion of practice open to the media. He could still draw a "DNP" designation on the injury report, but Olsen is clearly trending in the correct direction. He could return Week 6 against Washington. With tight end as thin as ever, Olsen should be added and stashed in the leagues he was dropped.
Never dropped him. :)
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:47 am

MrUbuto wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:37 pm Never dropped him. :)
I picked him up for practically nothing. And now we have good news:
"Speaking Monday, Greg Olsen (foot) confirmed he is expected to return for Week 6 but said he expects to require surgery at season's end."

What's his value right now? Solid chance he retires at the end of the year but the current state of TE in fantasy is not looking promising after 5 weeks.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:00 am

If you were paying attention and reading the tea leaves everything pointed to him attempting to make a come back. Whether or not he can be effective on a broken foot is yet to be determined.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:29 pm

btv802 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:00 am If you were paying attention and reading the tea leaves everything pointed to him attempting to make a come back. Whether or not he can be effective on a broken foot is yet to be determined.
sounds like it wasn't 100% last season and still played at a high level.

if he gets hurt again is he just an auto cut at this point?

i currently have him and henry and no IR. if he goes down again im going to dump him for someone with potential
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Greg Olsen leaving CAR

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:13 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on Greg Olsen leaving CAR?

1. Will Olsen retire? If not, where might he go, and what's his dynasty value?
2. What does this mean for Ian Thomas? What is he now worth in dynasty?

Source: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 46221?s=20
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Greg Olsen leaving CAR

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:15 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:13 pm What are everyone's thoughts on Greg Olsen leaving CAR?

He has a job waiting for him with Fox if he hangs it up, and he's been really active in offseason and even during his bye week as a commentator/analyst.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:18 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:13 pm What are everyone's thoughts on Greg Olsen leaving CAR?

Source: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 46221?s=20
I was totally expecting Olsen to retire this offseason and I really like Thomas because I think he could be a top 15ish TE next season. I own him on a bunch of teams, so maybe I’m being biased, not sure. I would guess you could maybe get a mid-late 2nd for him.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:34 pm

The much awaited Ian Thomas era has finally begun. As someone who's owned him for a year and who keeps hearing glowing things I look forward to 10+ years of TE1 production!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:41 pm

I have Thomas. but if he were really that good, he would have found his way onto the field more last year. He only caught 16 of his 30 targets. I would not be at all surprised if the Panthers add some depth and competition at the position. I don't expect him to be a difference maker in FF. In terms of his value, he's worth maybe a 3rd. Maybe. This class is deep and the hype is growing. I am holding, but I don't expect much with CMC and DJ Moore being the focal points of the offense. Greg Olsen was a great TE, I don't expect nearly the same type of production from Thomas.

As for Olsen, I think he may end up retiring and going to the booth.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:43 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:41 pm I have Thomas. but if he were really that good, he would have found his way onto the field more last year. He only caught 16 of his 30 targets. I would not be at all surprised if the Panthers add some depth and competition at the position. I don't expect him to be a difference maker in FF. In terms of his value, he's worth maybe a 3rd. Maybe. This class is deep and the hype is growing. I am holding, but I don't expect much with CMC and DJ Moore being the focal points of the offense. Greg Olsen was a great TE, I don't expect nearly the same type of production from Thomas.

Isn't it normal for TE's to be late career bloomers?
Or did I miss the new memo :)

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:45 am

trc wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:43 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:41 pm I have Thomas. but if he were really that good, he would have found his way onto the field more last year. He only caught 16 of his 30 targets. I would not be at all surprised if the Panthers add some depth and competition at the position. I don't expect him to be a difference maker in FF. In terms of his value, he's worth maybe a 3rd. Maybe. This class is deep and the hype is growing. I am holding, but I don't expect much with CMC and DJ Moore being the focal points of the offense. Greg Olsen was a great TE, I don't expect nearly the same type of production from Thomas.

Isn't it normal for TE's to be late career bloomers?
Or did I miss the new memo :)
Yes, it's normal to have to wait til his third or later year before any real production. That's why we're excited about Ian Thomas. He's shown some production when Olsen was out. I wouldn't be afraid of the 2019 or 2020 class of TEs with Ian Thomas.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

DynastyIsDaBest
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DynastyIsDaBest » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:51 am

Grabbed him at the end of last year, I'm very excited to see how he is this year now that Olsen is gone. If anything id expect top top 10-16 as long as the new coach and offense mesh together. If hes anything like Greg Olsen was before injuries.

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:42 am

Olsen is washed because of the chronic injuries. Ian Thomas is the guy to own now.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds