Curtis Samuel

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Curtis Samuel

Postby playa_hata » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:33 pm

quickie question is he worth the roster spot anymore? they have funchess dj moore olsen on receiving end and cmc and cja on the rb end is there any hope left for curtis ? he was so good at ohio state shame to see him buried in the depth chart like this starting to think its better to cut him for a dart throw on a rookie like richie james maybe or trey quinn, jordan lasley type guy just to name a few.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Curtis Samuel

Postby Servo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:38 am

Samuel was getting PT and Cam was looking his way but so happens his broken leg. Have to imagine the DJ Moore pick was because of uncertainty at the position outside of Funchess?

Today you’re looking at a WR3 maybe because of Torrey Smith. It’s a crappy situation for him and thankfully I only spent a late 3rd on him

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 am

I wouldn't bother adding him, but id try and trade him rather then just outright dropping him
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:56 am

I'd keep Samuels over him. Those other guys you listed are wild dart throws. Samuels still has draft pedigree, isn't even 22 yet. It wouldn't take much for him to get a lot of opportunity this year. While the depth chart appears blocked, it's really not that difficult to get playing time. Any injury to CMC, Moore or Funchess and a lot of opportunity opens up for him. It's very unlikely Moore contributes much this year as we constantly see rookies battle injuries, coaches trust, etc. If CJ Anderson erodes as well it's possible Samuel gets some part-time run at RB.

In shallow leagues I understand moving on but not for those bum names you just mentioned.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:05 am

Inta cl uttered this year but he has high draft stock so likely not. Cut IRL and that depth chart shoul unclutter by next year

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Moore funchess and samuel are all different recievers. Samuel fits the CMC role more than anything else, both premier slot guys/halfback. Samuel most likely will not get playing time at the position, so not really a player id be counting on. Skilled, yes. Atheltic, yes. Fantasy producer, probably not.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:33 pm

worth the roster spot??? yes, its just hard to say how the future plays out. if you buy in to talent....samuel is worth the spot.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:20 pm

I’ve tried moving him for late 3rd/late 4th combo in a 16 team league without any luck, better off holding a hoping for a couple big games early in the season
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:47 am

Samuel is a great high upside bench stash. The Panthers selected him in the 2nd round over JuJu in the real NFL draft so they clearly like him and had a plan for him. He was just starting to work his way into the offense and getting targeted before the freak ankle injury (which was admittedly bad and involved ligament damage). It's possible (albeit a long shot) that neither Olsen or Funchess are Panthers next year so there will be available targets if Samuel can rehab fully this year.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:33 pm

In the last week, Samuel was cut in one league and packaged with Moncrief for a 2019 3rd in another.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:19 am

I want nothing to do with him. He's still raw, he's buried on the depth-chart, he's been leapfrogged by a rookie... and his QB has only ever fed one fantasy tier WR1 his entire career and lives at sub 4k passing yardage every season.
starting to think its better to cut him for a dart throw on a rookie like richie james maybe or trey quinn, jordan lasley
James is interesting, but there appears to be no room for him to matter in SF. He's third in line for slot-WR opportunity. I like Quinn's tape quite a bit, and if Crowder leaves town next offseason, I think Quinn becomes intriguing. Lasley has some nice run-after-catch ability, but his ball skills are terrible and his character grade is awful.

They're all having good camps, so far. I guess I'd cut Samuels for all of them, but they'd all likely be back on the waiver-wire by mid-season in preference for something else.
btv802 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:47 am The Panthers selected him in the 2nd round over JuJu in the real NFL draft so they clearly like him and had a plan for him.
This doesn't mean much, because JJSS was widely underrated by teams. It's not as if he came off the board right after Samuels. Guaranteed guys like him and Cooper Kupp would be higher than Samuels on Carolina's board now if they could use a time machine.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:50 am

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:19 am
btv802 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:47 am The Panthers selected him in the 2nd round over JuJu in the real NFL draft so they clearly like him and had a plan for him.
This doesn't mean much, because JJSS was widely underrated by teams. It's not as if he came off the board right after Samuels. Guaranteed guys like him and Cooper Kupp would be higher than Samuels on Carolina's board now if they could use a time machine.
If Samuel doesn't have a terrible and random ankle injury in week 10, same game where he was finally working his way into a productive role in the offense (7 targets in the 1st half alone)...I think we are looking at him a lot differently right now. I guess I'd argue that he's currently being widely underrated because of the injury. No clue if he'll ever be able to rehab fully from it and get back to level he was at though.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:49 pm

btv802 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:50 am If Samuel doesn't have a terrible and random ankle injury in week 10, same game where he was finally working his way into a productive role in the offense (7 targets in the 1st half alone)...I think we are looking at him a lot differently right now.
He had 15 catches in 9 games. PFF grade of 56.9 for the season. It would have needed to be one helluva transformation starting Week 10.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:10 pm

Waiver wire.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 pm

Long-term it's hard to see any fantasy relevance unless he gets traded. People will pick him up though because the Panthers foolishly spent a 2nd on him though.