Curtis Samuel

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Curtis Samual - buy low target?

Postby Vcize » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:30 am

I wish someone would try and buy him low from me. Offered him up for a couple of early 3rds in FFPC and both were rejected without counter.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:38 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:58 am FYI it's Curtis Samuel, not "Samual" or "Samuels" lol...
he's a wizard, not a writer!

Vcize wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:30 am I wish someone would try and buy him low from me. Offered him up for a couple of early 3rds in FFPC and both were rejected without counter.
i'd definitely buy for that!

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:59 am

Somehow he's been traded in my league twice in the past 12 months for 1st round rookie picks. I'm still baffled, as they turn around and offer me 2nds and 3rd for guys like Mixon and Gurley.

Samuel is a good player and could eventually be a WR2, but it will depend on him getting a decent QB in Carolina. I'd buy for a late 2nd.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:46 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:58 am FYI it's Curtis Samuel, not "Samual" or "Samuels" lol...

And I doubt most owners would sell for less than an early 2nd.
LOL, what's funny is that I am a TERRIBLE speller and I went out of my way to copy his name from another website to avoid messing it up so this time it's not my fault (can't remember the site now, I poke around a lot of dynasty sites). You can count on me making plenty of spelling and grammar errors in the future, if we didn't have spellcheck I'd misspell the same word twice in the same post.
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:59 am

I bought a couple months ago for Jamison crowder in a league where I have davante Adam's, cortland sutton, and terry mclaurin along with aj green coming back so I didnt figure crowder had the upside to break into my lineup on a weekly basis. I feel like though neither is likely to make a big impact for me samuel has more upside and a slightly better chance of breaking in to my lineup
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:58 pm

I gave up a late second last year to aquire Samuel. He didn't have the season I expected and I don't see him improving next year. Mccaffery and Moore will dominate the touches for the foreseeable future.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:59 pm

I'm just imagining a world where Jameis comes to town and can actually hit Samuel on some deep balls. I think that offense has so much potential with the right QB.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:44 am

It's entertaining that people continue to compare Moore and Samuel like they're being asked to do the exact same thing.

- Samuel was top 10 in deep targets, Moore was 35th

- Moore was top 10 in YAC, Samuel was 74th

- Moore's targets were 10% more "catchable" than Samuel's

These guys are doing two different things on the football field, and clearly, Kyle Allen being the bonafide scrub he is, couldn't "feed" both players. Definitely a lot of uncertainty with Carolina right now but the trend is looking like they take Tua or Herbert if possible...maybe Rivers goes there to bridge? But I'd gladly take Joe Brady being there as a positive sign...for the right price/ADP, you could do worse.

Dependent on how the draft shakes out, maybe a late 2nd could get it done.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:17 am

Underrated route runner, but his ceiling in Carolina isn't what it could be with the Panthers checking down to CMC so much. Good buy low with the new offense he'll be in, but we still need to see who the QB is.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:20 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:17 am Underrated route runner, but his ceiling in Carolina isn't what it could be with the Panthers checking down to CMC so much. Good buy low with the new offense he'll be in, but we still need to see who the QB is.
If you wait to see who the QB is, it could be much harder to buy low.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:43 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:17 am Underrated route runner, but his ceiling in Carolina isn't what it could be with the Panthers checking down to CMC so much. Good buy low with the new offense he'll be in, but we still need to see who the QB is.
What does that mean? I don't really think there are quantifiable things to discuss this, BUT, I recall all off season that people were going gaga over Samuel's route running in training camp and OTA's. Who exactly is underrating him at route running? Not trying to start anything,genuinely curious, because I thought that was sort of his calling card going into this year, his route running.

I am curious to see how Joe Brady does. The dream scenario is Burrow going there, but that's probably not in the cards. One thing I am hearing through dynasty pods that is really annoying me is how they are trying to decide how players will fit based on Rhule's Baylor system. Rhule is a defensive coach, and I find it highly unlikely he just hired Brady to come run a college based Big 12 offense that wasn't even his offense, in the NFL. I would imagine Brady is bringing the LSU/Saints offense, and implementing that in Carolina.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:43 pm
What does that mean? I don't really think there are quantifiable things to discuss this, BUT, I recall all off season that people were going gaga over Samuel's route running in training camp and OTA's. Who exactly is underrating him at route running? Not trying to start anything,genuinely curious, because I thought that was sort of his calling card going into this year, his route running.

I am curious to see how Joe Brady does. The dream scenario is Burrow going there, but that's probably not in the cards. One thing I am hearing through dynasty pods that is really annoying me is how they are trying to decide how players will fit based on Rhule's Baylor system. Rhule is a defensive coach, and I find it highly unlikely he just hired Brady to come run a college based Big 12 offense that wasn't even his offense, in the NFL. I would imagine Brady is bringing the LSU/Saints offense, and implementing that in Carolina.
I don't think that the general public has caught on to how good Samuel has become at running routes. It may be known by some here, but I don't think Samuel would make anyone's list of "NFL's Best Route Runners" today.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:05 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:20 pm
I agree, but I guess I'm more concerned about where his numbers fit in after CMC and Moore.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:46 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:05 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:20 pm
I agree, but I guess I'm more concerned about where his numbers fit in after CMC and Moore.
So am I. I just don't see the draw, right now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:37 pm

As an owner, I may be partial, but I see big opportunity ahead for Curtis. Dude is an advanced metrics, and route running darling. His QB couldn't get him the deepball, which ultimately led to a disappointing season. I do believe with a new offensive coordinator and scheme in down, they will take more deep shots, and hopefully with a new QB. If a deep ball QB ever emerges there, Curtis Samuel will move up to high end WR2 status. Dude is a stud, and its just a matter of time.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league