PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Re: Curtis Samuel

Postby PR0v3 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:24 pm

btv802 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:19 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:59 pm
btv802 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 pm

He's been bad this year but Funchess might be the best young WR available in a weak group of '19 free agents. There will be teams with far more cap space and bigger need for WR talent willing to take a chance on him. Teams may offer him more than you expect.
Paul Richardson II.......?

As for Samuel, I wouldn't go overboard. Harvin had his moment in the sun. These guys are good, but counting on them in FF is asking for a headache and 3 point losses when he puts up 2.2 points.
If I was Funch's agent I'd be pushing for long term deal similar to Lockett's, if not more considering how thin this year's crop of FA WRs looks. If he can't get that maybe a one year prove it deal with a higher percentage of guaranteed money like Moncrief?

I thought your "waiver wire" comment in July was overboard TBH. I just have always thought he was a good, young, high upside prospect worth keeping stashed. You may compare him to Harvin based on his athletic profile and history of playing RB but the kid is making legit big plays as a WR. Not sure you can keep comping him that way forever as he continues to prove he's more than that.
Harvin threw up a wr1 season and was one of the best weapons in the game. He was derailed due to chronic migraines, injury, personality, and a change in situation/usage. I see any Samuel comparison to Harvin as an enormous compliment (as a player) and what one would hope for Samuel to become, not a slight.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Cam might like bigger targets but he seems to play better with smaller, elusive WRs. He has a habit of going with his first read so creating space and having variability by spreading the ball around plays to his favor.

What has impressed me this year about Curtis are his hands. Last year he made body catches. This year his hands have greatly improved increasing his catch radius. The athletisism between him and Moore might be the best in the league. Fun the watch.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:52 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:59 pm
btv802 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 am Funchess shouldn't be too expensive.
He's been bad this year but Funchess might be the best young WR available in a weak group of '19 free agents. There will be teams with far more cap space and bigger need for WR talent willing to take a chance on him. Teams may offer him more than you expect.
Paul Richardson II.......?

As for Samuel, I wouldn't go overboard. Harvin had his moment in the sun. These guys are good, but counting on them in FF is asking for a headache and 3 point losses when he puts up 2.2 points.
I play in a non-PPR league and he’s put up 9+ points in 6 of the last 9 weeks. That’s pretty solid numbers for a WR3 and worth consideration over Sammy (my current/possibly previous WR3)
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 am

PR0v3 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:24 pm Harvin threw up a wr1 season and was one of the best weapons in the game. He was derailed due to chronic migraines, injury, personality, and a change in situation/usage. I see any Samuel comparison to Harvin as an enormous compliment (as a player) and what one would hope for Samuel to become, not a slight.
I think it was meant as somewhat of a slight...but you are right I think Harvin's biggest problems were his migraines and I think he had a degenerative hip issue as well. Stylistically I get the comp, but in the Panthers offense where the lines between RB/WR are becoming a bit blurred, Samuel might be exactly the type of weapon they want. CMC & DJ Moore are in a similar mold, explosive weapons who excel at gaining YAC but also have the ability to run more traditional WR routes.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Curtis Samuel

Postby Kelldon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:58 am

With Funchess gone what is everyone's thought on Samuel? Could he be a wr 3/4?
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Probably safe to say that Samuel wasn't incredibly healthy to start the season and that could have carried over into the middle of the season.

Newton's health is going to be a big part of Carolina's success this season but I'm definitely optimistic on what Samuel can do. Even though they are both "smaller", I think Moore and Samuel could be a really dynamic duo.

If CAR drafts someone, that'd sting Samuel owners but I think he'd be a nice "throw in" piece for a trade if possible.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:59 pm

Moore and Samuel both looked very good last year, and seemed to compliment each other very well. Both have excellent vision, and I'm buying them wherever I can for a reasonable price... and it's certainly easier to buy Samuel at a fair price than Moore. He's the kind of guy you can plug in on a bye week and realistically hope for 10-15 points from.

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Curtis Samual - buy low target?

Postby Wizard » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:45 pm

I've read a few articles that are very high on Curtis Samual, apparently he had very high "air yards" this season which I think means he was thrown a lot of long passes. According to these articles Samuals was often wide open but bad throws from his QB(s) made the balls uncatchable. If true he seems like a possible buy low candidate if the Panthers get a QB upgrade. I didn't get to see him play this year so can anyone confirm this? What do you think? What's a good price to pay for him?

Supposedly there is a video somewhere (please provide a link if you know where it is) that shows he was open a lot but the throws to him were terrible.
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Curtis Samual - buy low target?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:54 pm

It depends what "low" is. DJ Moore was always the guy to have at WR on that team, and with CMC there catching 100 balls as well, I just see Samuel as a guy who's better for a real football team than a Fantasy Football team.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:11 am

I own Samuels.

His yards per catch was pretty pedestrian. Maybe most of the longer throws misses... But the ones he was able to catch resulted in about 10 ypc. That ain't great.

Do think he could break out when he gets a better QB.

On the other hand, DJ Moore had a much better ypc average this season....

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:48 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:54 pm It depends what "low" is. DJ Moore was always the guy to have at WR on that team, and with CMC there catching 100 balls as well, I just see Samuel as a guy who's better for a real football team than a Fantasy Football team.
Bingo

Rustycage
Starter
Starter

Postby Rustycage » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:20 am

I traded him away for the 2.05 in this years draft. Not sure if that's low or high honestly, but seemed like a good move to me. I got a mid level LB in the deal too, but he was basically a throw in.
12 Team Dynasty, (SF) (2pt/c TE Prem)
QB - Wentz, Heinicke, Big Ben, Fitz, Tyrod, Rudolph
RB - Henry, Kamara, CMC, R. Jones, D. Felton, P. Lindsay
WR - Ridley, Pittman, Cooks, M. Williams, MT, AJG, R. Higgins, Perriman, Shi Smith, MVS
TE - Gesicki, Engram, Uzomah, Hurst, Manhertz, Farrell

2022: 1,2,3,4

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:30 am

I don't see huge upside here, atleast no more than any other back end wr. essentially I don't view him as a wr2 or better...so Id rather gamble with the pick it would cost to acquire him. on the other hand, if you do think he blossoms into a wr2 type guy...certainly a buying opportunity right now imo. no chance id give a top 15 pick for him though.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:22 am

I'm intrigued by the addition of Joe Brady at OC. Will he be able to open up that offense like he did at LSU? Tough to say. So much is riding on who is throwing the ball in CAR. I could see Samuel being a fantasy factor but there is a lot left to play out in the CAR offseason to see if things line up. They got the OC... now we'll see where they land at QB. Kyle Allen and Will Grier (who I liked at WVU) don't seem to be the answer and Cam seems like he is headed elsewhere. Time will tell.

All that said, I'd but for a late 2nd and probably value him closely but maybe a little less that a Jamison Crowder.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, James Conner, Raheem Mostert
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Trey Benson FSU, RB Will Shipley Clemson
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.03, 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.13

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:58 am

FYI it's Curtis Samuel, not "Samual" or "Samuels" lol...

And I doubt most owners would sell for less than an early 2nd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd