J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby MFundercover » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:29 pm

Who can I use to target Dobbins? Jones or Drake worth it? Or hold and win now?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:55 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:29 pm Who can I use to target Dobbins? Jones or Drake worth it? Or hold and win now?
I'd flip either in a heartbeat but there's no way the JK owner will agree at a guess. I know I wouldn't. I would laugh at you.

If you're a Kenyan Drake owner and you HAVEN'T been trying to flip him for an upgrade... I don't know what to tell ya...

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:00 am

mild wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:55 pm
MFundercover wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:29 pm Who can I use to target Dobbins? Jones or Drake worth it? Or hold and win now?
I'd flip either in a heartbeat but there's no way the JK owner will agree at a guess. I know I wouldn't. I would laugh at you.

If you're a Kenyan Drake owner and you HAVEN'T been trying to flip him for an upgrade... I don't know what to tell ya...
Kenyan Drake finishing top 10 this year if he stays healthy.

Are you one of those guys who is always eyeing 3 years out? I laugh at people who are always selling out for the future. Dynasty is about blending future and current assets to contend every season. You need stud vets. You need stud youth. Stop it with the condescending attitude when your post is a joke.

Mild: Trade all your good players for future assets. Once they start producing at a high level trade them for more future assets. Tony Pollard is a starting back.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:17 am

Jones or Drake will most likely outscore him this year, that's for sure. However I'd certainly attempt the Drake for Dobbins flip, even on a win now team. I have, but got turned down. Dobbins is the better long term player, and I fear Drake's leash will be very short. If he gets hurt, or doesn't play well for a few games, his time as a lead back could easily be over. It's worth a shot, even if you tack on a late pick, or some marginal player. In terms of ADP, Drake and Dobbins aren't that far off, so it's certainly not an insulting offer.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:29 am

I mean, I could attach Edmonds, but I'm not sure I'd even do that.

Both Arizona and Baltimore are probably in my top 10 backfields to buy. Arizona has shown it will produce an rb1 nomatter what. I think Drake is a perfect scheme fit, so I tend to be a believer.

And if you are a believer in both, then you have to consider you are selling a 3-4 year production window with Drake, hoping to get the same production from Dobbins later. It's not outrageous unless you straight up dont like drake or the cardinals backfield.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:33 am

MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:29 am I mean, I could attach Edmonds, but I'm not sure I'd even do that.

Both Arizona and Baltimore are probably in my top 10 backfields to buy. Arizona has shown it will produce an rb1 nomatter what. I think Drake is a perfect scheme fit, so I tend to be a believer.

And if you are a believer in both, then you have to consider you are selling a 3-4 year production window with Drake, hoping to get the same production from Dobbins later. It's not outrageous unless you straight up dont like drake or the cardinals backfield.
I'd keep Edmonds, unless it's what gets it done, but having Edmonds gives you a good shot at the Arizona backfields production all year. I just don't trust Drake as much as Dobbins. He's never been a lead back for more than a few games, even including college. I don't know what Arizona will do, either. Dobbins is all but locked into Baltimore for 4 years, Drake isn't guaranteed to be in Arizona beyond this year. I think an offer of Drake for Dobbins is fair, and you can get a feel for how far off the guy is with the offer after that. If it takes a tiny bit more, might be worth it, if he prefers Dobbins by a wide margin, hold.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:04 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:33 am
MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:29 am I mean, I could attach Edmonds, but I'm not sure I'd even do that.

I'd keep Edmonds, unless it's what gets it done, but having Edmonds gives you a good shot at the Arizona backfields production all year. I just don't trust Drake as much as Dobbins. He's never been a lead back for more than a few games, even including college. I don't know what Arizona will do, either. Dobbins is all but locked into Baltimore for 4 years, Drake isn't guaranteed to be in Arizona beyond this year. I think an offer of Drake for Dobbins is fair, and you can get a feel for how far off the guy is with the offer after that. If it takes a tiny bit more, might be worth it, if he prefers Dobbins by a wide margin, hold.
I get the concern. When I first saw Drake going at the turn in redraft, I thought wtf? But the more I thought about it, the more sense it made. He's getting paid 8.5 million this year, so they have incentive to give him the ball, and he has incentive to play well. His production isn't exactly out of nowhere either. He has the talent of the other satellite backs producing right now, and is a perfect scheme fit. I don't see the Cardinals paying for a more expensive running back going forward, so if Drake performs in 2020, I think he winds up back on the the Cardinals. The only other possibility is that they draft a rookie, but I think they want to give Kyler as many weapons as possible right now.

As for Dobbins, it comes down to roster build. You can collect all of these high upside guys you want, thinking about what could be, only to get smashed by a team with a couple 26 year olds dropping 35+ on you. Like itnor not you need these players to win in dynasty. It's a balance of youth/experience.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:11 am

MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:00 am

Are you one of those guys who is always eyeing 3 years out? I laugh at people who are always selling out for the future. Dynasty is about blending future and current assets to contend every season. You need stud vets. You need stud youth. Stop it with the condescending attitude when your post is a joke.

Mild: Trade all your good players for future assets. Once they start producing at a high level trade them for more future assets. Tony Pollard is a starting back.
Kenyan Drake, in 5 years in the league - has literally never held down the starting job year-to-year. This is his first time doing so. In five years. Forgive me for not tripping over myself to own this guy... he's a re-found nickel at best as of the moment.

Perhaps you can sell the Dobbins owner on your version of the narrative. I'd tell you to Simmer down. That's all.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:28 am

While I think Drake has an even or better chance to outperform Dobbins in 2020, I like Dobbins talent and long term outlook better. I'd make the swap from drake to dobbins if it was an option.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:32 am

CGW wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:28 am While I think Drake has an even or better chance to outperform Dobbins in 2020, I like Dobbins talent and long term outlook better. I'd make the swap from drake to dobbins if it was an option.
I don't know about this mentality: Trade all of my guys dropping 30+ weeks for a bundle of potential. I feel like I'd get smashed year in year out to a team filled with both vets and future assets.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:34 am

mild wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:11 am
MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:00 am

Kenyan Drake, in 5 years in the league - has literally never held down the starting job year-to-year. This is his first time doing so. In five years. Forgive me for not tripping over myself to own this guy... he's a re-found nickel at best as of the moment.

Perhaps you can sell the Dobbins owner on your version of the narrative. I'd tell you to Simmer down. That's all.
Drake was stuck on the most dysfunctional organization of the past 5 years (and somehow managed 4.6 ypc). Then went to a system that fits his strengths and turned in an rb4 finish in half a season. That's not a terribly small sample size.

Like it or not you need vets to win, and you need RBs to win. You can collect all the upside players in the league, until 40% of them flop and you get crushed by a team with vets dropping 30+ on you. You think you're smart by playing the long game in a vacuum in every scenario, but your not helping yourself at all.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:42 am

I think mild and MFU are making good points... mild doing a better job of wording it so that it's easier to agree with lol.

But I get it. On one hand there's a player who has a short history of success, but on the other it has taken him YEARS to get to that point... but he is in a new system.... but it's such a short sample size.

Personally, I've been avoiding Drake. I love his 2020 outlook, but he's going at round 2-3 startup prices. I can't justify paying that.

A little off topic, but good arguments on both sides nonetheless.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:43 am

MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:32 am
CGW wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:28 am While I think Drake has an even or better chance to outperform Dobbins in 2020, I like Dobbins talent and long term outlook better. I'd make the swap from drake to dobbins if it was an option.
I don't know about this mentality: Trade all of my guys dropping 30+ weeks for a bundle of potential. I feel like I'd get smashed year in year out to a team filled with both vets and future assets.
Didn't realize I had to obsess over the same players you do. I had dobbins as my #2 in this class pre-draft. That means I like his talent enough to invest valuable capital in him. Apparently, I win in a different way than you, and that's ok for me. I accumulate value and gladly cut ties with players I dont believe in long term. Sorry that isn't ok for you.

I see this more as Dobbins = 1.02/3 while Drake is worth a late 1st or even an early 2nd for some owners.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:45 am

MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:34 am Drake was stuck on the most dysfunctional organization of the past 5 years (and somehow managed 4.6 ypc). Then went to a system that fits his strengths and turned in an rb4 finish in half a season. That's not a terribly small sample size.

Like it or not you need vets to win, and you need RBs to win. You can collect all the upside players in the league, until 40% of them flop and you get crushed by a team with vets dropping 30+ on you. You think you're smart by playing the long game in a vacuum in every scenario, but your not helping yourself at all.
Lol. I won my league with a youth movement last year. Players are coming into the league and performing at crazy levels as Rookies and 2nd year players more than ever. Used to be you'd wait til the "3rd year breakout" for WR's... these days if you don't see something out of a RB or WR in the first two years, you're worrying.

Anyway, you can have your narrative and I will have mine. Still doesn't help you get Dobbins on your team though, does it? But that's ok... because you've got Kenyan Drake, top 10 RB. :thumbup:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:47 am

Topic temporarily locked. It's off-topic and I don't like the direction it's going. Cool down, come back later.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134