J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:35 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:44 am It's been said here already, but I like Dobbins' future once Ingram is gone. Could be as early as next year? Ravens are a run 1st offense that can support 3 running threats (Lamar, RB1 and RB2), which is pretty awesome, but not 4. Will be top 5 - probably not. Top 10 with pretty high floor - good chance.
I assume Ingram is gone. 6.3M cap hit if they keep him, which isn't crazy, but they only have a dead cap of 1.3M if they cut him. Gus is an RFA but I'm sure they can re sign him for cheaper than 5M of the savings Ingram creates. I don't think they need both Ingram and Gus with Dobbins and Hill there. Gus is also better than Ingram and it's not close.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:41 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:44 am It's been said here already, but I like Dobbins' future once Ingram is gone. Could be as early as next year? Ravens are a run 1st offense that can support 3 running threats (Lamar, RB1 and RB2), which is pretty awesome, but not 4. Will be top 5 - probably not. Top 10 with pretty high floor - good chance.
Yeah, I think that's a good summation of what the majority of us Dobbins shareholders are hoping for going forward. Funny to read the thread title and think back to the times when we thought the Ravens were a top 3 fantasy offense... ah yes, I still remember four months ago!

They could still get back to that next year... I will be following Eric DeCosta's offseason moves with great interest.

Certainly it seems like the future is finally now for the younger backs on the roster - Ingram had a singular touch last week, and it was a flea flicker on the first play of the game. I'm expecting a monster blow-up spot for the Ravens this week hosting Jacksonville... if I know one thing about the Ravens, it's that they play their best when their backs are to the wall. Dobbins, Gus and Jackson are going to go off.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:44 pm

As a Ravens fan in general I think Greg Roman needs to go. We've seen the ceiling of this offense with his style. Go get the QB coach that made Russel Wilson a much better passer (he was more accurate than Lamar but has improved a ton with his deep ball since being drafted) and get a coach that is more creative with his players in general. Use Hollywood at the line of scrimmage, simplify this 4-headed monster and get Ingram out of there, and utilize screen passes to preserve Lamar and give him easy completions. I want to say it's not that hard but maybe I'm being overly simplistic. Some of these things could change tomorrow (exception of a new QB coach) if Roman wasn't around or if Roman was less one dimensional.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:31 pm

Dobbins was my favorite rookie to start the season and I’m still confident he can be the best long term. I misread the situation though. I was scared Ingram would just never go away but he doesn’t worry me at this point. However, Gus has got more than I ever knew. Baltimore would be silly to not retain that guy.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Dobbins is very good but he is capped because Jackson loves to run.

Of course CEH is capped because Mahomes loves to throw.

Welcome to the NFL.

Newsflash to Raven fan
If you fire Roman your team will not be very good if the next guy changes Jackson.

Dobbins will be a RB1 next year. That said he won’t be in the Uber Elite class in that offense.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:18 pm Dobbins is very good but he is capped because Jackson loves to run.

Welcome to the NFL.

Newsflash to Raven fan
If you fire Roman your team will not be very good if the next guy changes Jackson.

Dobbins will be a RB1 next year. That said he won’t be in the Uber Elite class in that offense.
He shouldn’t try to change Jackson, think you’re missing why Roman is stale and that’s because to date when he gets “figured out” he’s not an adapter. The Ravens would benefit greatly from allowing Lamar to attempt easier throws at the line of scrimmage (Screens to rbs and wrs). Lamars mechanics can still be improved as well. Josh Allen was changed this offseason and now looks much more complete. Investing in improving him as a passer is a wise decision for the Ravens, he’s still 23 and has room for additional growth.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Mike11 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:23 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:18 pm Dobbins is very good but he is capped because Jackson loves to run.

Welcome to the NFL.

Newsflash to Raven fan

He shouldn’t try to change Jackson, think you’re missing why Roman is stale and that’s because to date when he gets “figured out” he’s not an adapter. The Ravens would benefit greatly from allowing Lamar to attempt easier throws at the line of scrimmage (Screens to rbs and wrs). Lamars mechanics can still be improved as well. Josh Allen was changed this offseason and now looks much more complete. Investing in improving him as a passer is a wise decision for the Ravens, he’s still 23 and has room for additional growth.
Agreed, everyone shat on Seattle when Russ started to run significantly less, now he is one of the best passers in the league, and is far less frequently injured. Mission success IMO as a hawks fan. He still uses his running ability to scramble and buy time, or to pick up a first down if he has wide open field infront of him. But this way is so much safer than cutting up field through a gauntlet of LBs
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:25 am

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:44 pm
Mike11 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Welcome to the NFL.

Newsflash to Raven fan

Agreed, everyone shat on Seattle when Russ started to run significantly less, now he is one of the best passers in the league, and is far less frequently injured. Mission success IMO as a hawks fan. He still uses his running ability to scramble and buy time, or to pick up a first down if he has wide open field infront of him. But this way is so much safer than cutting up field through a gauntlet of LBs
Jackson will never come close to Allen's ball velocity which was the highest ever recorded in league history. Allen also came out of a pro style offense with horrid weapons.

Russ is perhaps the most accurate deep ball thrower in the league.

While both the above are excellent runners in their own right they are not close to Jackson in this department anymore than he is in their department throwing the ball. His mechanics are not really close and while he may and should develop the odds are long he gets close to them in this department.

Roman gets a a lot out of his skill set but thinking he is the problem is a major reach. Jackson is better than many think throwing but his running skill is elite.

This team leads the league is rushing by a sizable margin and ranks 6th in scoring and less than a point per game from ranking 4th. The Ravens also rank 4th in points allowed.

This is one of the best teams in the NFL. Blowing it up or calling them predictable as if its a bad thing is silly given teams can't stop them knowing what is coming.

You're dead wrong about Josh being changed IMO He had massive skills entering the league and now has the experience and the weapons to deliver. His mechanics were elite to begin with which is why the Bills moved up to draft him 7th overall. Allen has put massive work in to get better but those tools were obvious to most to begin with.

I like all these QB's but the stats to replace Roman don't add up at all IMO. The team has been trying like crazy to add WR's to help Lamar.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:53 am

I like all these QB's but the stats to replace Roman don't add up at all IMO. The team has been trying like crazy to add WR's to help Lamar.
They just keep striking out. No offense to Brown, Boykin, Snead, and Bryant...but good lord.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:28 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:53 am
They just keep striking out. No offense to Brown, Boykin, Snead, and Bryant...but good lord.
These guys aren't world beaters, by any means, but they're serviceable. The bottleneck has been Lamar's consistency. At this point I don't think BAL should invest heavily at the WR position... they're doing what the BUF Bills did with Josh Allen; Surrounding a flawed QB with weapons that best utilize his talents. Allen's accuracy has dramatically improved this year, but BUF hedged their bets by surrounding him with a bevvy of burners and separators that could best utilize his armstrength and reduce the likelihood of an errant throw leading to an INT.

BAL has similarly surrounded Lamar with a ton of speed to scare the D and maximize running room for the Ravens elite rushing attack. Every WR they've drafted has been a sub 4.4 runner... they just need Lamar to continue to improve his consistency as a passer.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Sriracha wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:28 pm
CGW wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:53 am
These guys aren't world beaters, by any means, but they're serviceable. The bottleneck has been Lamar's consistency. At this point I don't think BAL should invest heavily at the WR position... they're doing what the BUF Bills did with Josh Allen; Surrounding a flawed QB with weapons that best utilize his talents. Allen's accuracy has dramatically improved this year, but BUF hedged their bets by surrounding him with a bevvy of burners and separators that could best utilize his armstrength and reduce the likelihood of an errant throw leading to an INT.

BAL has similarly surrounded Lamar with a ton of speed to scare the D and maximize running room for the Ravens elite rushing attack. Every WR they've drafted has been a sub 4.4 runner... they just need Lamar to continue to improve his consistency as a passer.
I do wonder how Allen would be doing with the Ravens WR. None of them are close to Diggs, but I think he'd make it work similar to last year in BUF. Completely different offenses so the numbers won't be similar with Baltimore being more run heavy, but I wonder

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:36 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:05 pm
I do wonder how Allen would be doing with the Ravens WR. None of them are close to Diggs, but I think he'd make it work similar to last year in BUF. Completely different offenses so the numbers won't be similar with Baltimore being more run heavy, but I wonder
I've been saying for 2 years that Daboll is a severely underrated OC. What he and the rest of the Bills have done with Allen's development roster construction, and utilization of his unique talents is nothing short of amazing. Give Josh Allen a lot of credit for his own metamorphisis, but I would say that Josh Allen only becomes 2020 Josh Allen on a very limited number of teams; and I don't think BAL is one of them.

Diggs was the best deep threat/elite separator on the market so he was a great fit for the 2019 Josh Allen (I do think 2020 Allen could have success with pretty much any type of WR) which is why they were willing to pay a premium price for him. He would've greatly helped Allen even if he didn't see the same meteroic jump in his play this year...

The only off-season acquisition that I'd see having a similar affect with Lamar's game is Will Fuller.. but they'd have to throw a massive amount of money to pry him away from HOU. Even then, I wouldn't expect Lamar to see too big of a jump in his production unless he starts to eliminate more of his off-target throws.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:14 pm

Sriracha wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:36 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:05 pm
I've been saying for 2 years that Daboll is a severely underrated OC. What he and the rest of the Bills have done with Allen's development roster construction, and utilization of his unique talents is nothing short of amazing. Give Josh Allen a lot of credit for his own metamorphisis, but I would say that Josh Allen only becomes 2020 Josh Allen on a very limited number of teams; and I don't think BAL is one of them.

The only off-season acquisition that I'd see having a similar affect with Lamar's game is Will Fuller.. but they'd have to throw a massive amount of money to pry him away from HOU. Even then, I wouldn't expect Lamar to see too big of a jump in his production unless he starts to eliminate more of his off-target throws.
We're way off track, but so long as we're here - if Brian Daboll left for, say, the Chargers HC position... how bullish are we on Buffalo/Allen sustaining this success? My take would be that we should be confident that Allen and Diggs will maintain this elite connection no matter what the playbook says, and Allen's mechanics should maintain this level provided he keeps working this hard at it.

I wonder if the offense as a whole would regress without Daboll, though. No question about it - his playcalling and concepts this year have been elite, and have really maximised this thing.

Also re. Will Fuller... I can think of one other potential acquisition that might move the needle... Ja'Marr Chase...

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:50 pm

Allen is a superstar QB. Anyone that really watches him play at this point is lying to themselves if they think otherwise.

His stats don't lie. 68.7 completion percentage is just above Mahomes. His traditional passer rating is top 5 in the league. Passing yards 4th in the league, Passing TD's 6th, Rushing TD's 3rd for a QB and Yards per pass is a very healthy 7.8

Total QBR only behind Rodgers and Mahomes.

Lamar is also a superstar but he is doing it differently ranking 12th overall in rushing on only 135 carries. Wonder about Dobbins as an uberstud?

He could be in Chubb/Hunt kind of way.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:38 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:25 am
You're dead wrong about Josh being changed IMO He had massive skills entering the league and now has the experience and the weapons to deliver. His mechanics were elite to begin with which is why the Bills moved up to draft him 7th overall. Allen has put massive work in to get better but those tools were obvious to most to begin with.

His mechanics have visibly changed; his release point and throwing base have both drastically improved this season; which is one of the reasons his accuracy has been much more consistent than his previous two years.

Here's an article breaking down the changes he made this off-season:
https://www.cover1.net/taming-josh-alle ... ar-3-leap/

Very much disagree about his mechanics coming into the league. He was drafted highly because of his immense physical gifts with the idea that he could figure out the nuances along the way