General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby Mike11 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:41 pm

tominansky wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:15 pm
mild wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:46 pm
Mike11 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:33 pm I just bought him in a league. I'm looking at how BAL is using the RBs more in the passing game and how Lamar is evolving and I want a piece for next year. I think he has a top 6/8 ceiling and with his age if he comes out the gate hot could be set to exceed that. There's a lot of good RBs that are aging out so outside of JT, Swift, Harris and probably CMC/Barkley he could get right in there with them next season.
You are a wise man that can read the writing on the wall.

If I didn't already have him I'd be doing the same thing. He's a perfect acquisition for teams planning for 2022.
Was so close to selling as a contender for someone usable this year. Held off because of the talent I saw last year and at OSU. Sitting at 8-2 and rolling, looking at the first round bye. Giddy at the fact that we’ve got reinforcements coming in hot in ‘22. You can’t deny the eye test on this guy. The guy below commented on JK being 2nd best at basically everything. Agree, except for balance. This guy has Kamara level balance IMO.
I was 8-2 the league I bought him. It was a late first and Claypool to acquire and I was deep at receiver. Well that was until my top 5 receivers were out this week but that won't be why I lose LOL
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:52 am

But when I hear people still putting RB1 and/or 1st+ value on Dobbins, I feel Etienne should be right there with him.
Don't wanna sidetrack the Etienne thread but I've seen various comments about Dobbins. Optimism about 2022 in light of Freeman's productivity, concern about a lack of pass catching opportunities.

Does Dobbins vault into upper tier dynasty producers? Is Etienne's value legitimately near Dobbins'?
Last edited by Pullo Vision on Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:38 am

I have Dobbins and ETN similarly ranked, coin-flip essentially. I could be persuaded either way, but both as top 50-ish startup values (somewhere in that RB15-20 range).
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:34 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:52 am quote]
Does Dobbins vault into upper tier dynasty producers?
I absolutely think so.
Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:52 am quote]Is Etienne's value legitimately near Dobbins'?
Not for me, not as prospects in a vacuum. They're the same age. Dobbins is in the better, more competitive, rushing-based offense. Rushing is their identity in Baltimore.

You could make a "narrative street" argument around Lawrence dramatically improving, the Jags hiring coaching staff that somehow rival the Ravens, the Jags getting an OL together that is somehow as good as the Ravens, and that Lawrence is gonna pepper him "like them good ol' days in Clemson" - but give me the guy that already has shown he can dominate this role at the NFL level - especially if you give him the workload.

I'm ready. #DobbinsSzn '23

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:38 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:38 am I have Dobbins and ETN similarly ranked, coin-flip essentially. I could be persuaded either way, but both as top 50-ish startup values (somewhere in that RB15-20 range).
Agree but my coin keeps coming up ETN. ETN should have way better PPR numbers due the system nature and style of the QBs.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:25 am

Ice wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:38 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:38 am I have Dobbins and ETN similarly ranked, coin-flip essentially. I could be persuaded either way, but both as top 50-ish startup values (somewhere in that RB15-20 range).
Agree but my coin keeps coming up ETN. ETN should have way better PPR numbers due the system nature and style of the QBs.
I think Dobbins was going to be used more this year in the passing game, but I do agree. I believe Dobbins was put out (when he got hurt) just to practice the screen game. Freeman wasn't even a full time RB this year, and had 34 catches, encouraging for Dobbins going forward IMO, to not be stuck as just a runner.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:53 pm

Where we at with Dobbins in dynasty? A few fantasy industry guys have been clamoring get out and get out fast.

I tend to look at NFL team acquisitions under a microscope to determine what's happening in that franchise. When I see a team's star player at the position get injured and all that team does is sign cheap veterans to 1 year deals instead of replacing through the draft or trade I kind of see that as a vote of confidence in that injured player.

Last year, when they brought in every cheap filler RB they could: Latavius Murray, Devonta Freeman, etc I was actually relieved it wasn't somebody better, or a young RB. To me it looked like, OK, just gotta get by while our guy gets healthy. I felt like Dobbins was the future in BAL 100%

Now it's the same exact thing all over again. They bring in Mike Davis & Kenyan Drake. Both 1 year rentals with zero plans on keeping them for the future. Except this year I'm not so sure. Dobbins only has 2 years left on his contract. And this year yet again we aren't getting a full product. He still doesn't look healthy.

We taking a 23' 1st for him? What are you guys doing?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:00 am

As a David Johnson supporter, the name “Kenyan Drake” gives me chills.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:58 am

halfbaked88 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:53 pm Where we at with Dobbins in dynasty? A few fantasy industry guys have been clamoring get out and get out fast.

I tend to look at NFL team acquisitions under a microscope to determine what's happening in that franchise. When I see a team's star player at the position get injured and all that team does is sign cheap veterans to 1 year deals instead of replacing through the draft or trade I kind of see that as a vote of confidence in that injured player.

Last year, when they brought in every cheap filler RB they could: Latavius Murray, Devonta Freeman, etc I was actually relieved it wasn't somebody better, or a young RB. To me it looked like, OK, just gotta get by while our guy gets healthy. I felt like Dobbins was the future in BAL 100%

Now it's the same exact thing all over again. They bring in Mike Davis & Kenyan Drake. Both 1 year rentals with zero plans on keeping them for the future. Except this year I'm not so sure. Dobbins only has 2 years left on his contract. And this year yet again we aren't getting a full product. He still doesn't look healthy.

Just because they have a microphone doesn't make them right. I hope they do keep pushing him down so I can buy low every chance I get. He's an elite talent on a run heavy system that produced an rb1 season from 29 year old Mark Ingram.

You have to have some patience playing dynasty and fit him in to your overall build. He's not for every roster, but there's no way you should be selling low. Kid is still just 23 years old, and already a year removed from the ACL. I think the Ravens see him as a big part of their future and aren't rushing him back because of how they see him long term. They aren't going to push him to play a 17 game season.

His age 24-27 seasons are set to be RB1 finishes imo. Even the latter half of this season we should see some good production from him.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:02 am

MFundercover wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:58 am
halfbaked88 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:53 pm Where we at with Dobbins in dynasty? A few fantasy industry guys have been clamoring get out and get out fast.

Just because they have a microphone doesn't make them right. I hope they do keep pushing him down so I can buy low every chance I get. He's an elite talent on a run heavy system that produced an rb1 season from 29 year old Mark Ingram.

You have to have some patience playing dynasty and fit him in to your overall build. He's not for every roster, but there's no way you should be selling low. Kid is still just 23 years old, and already a year removed from the ACL. I think the Ravens see him as a big part of their future and aren't rushing him back because of how they see him long term. They aren't going to push him to play a 17 game season.

His age 24-27 seasons are set to be RB1 finishes imo. Even the latter half of this season we should see some good production from him.
Agree. I'm trying to buy the dip.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:09 am

MFundercover wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:58 am

He messed up more than just his ACL though, so that's part of it. He tore ACL, LCL and meniscus. People should never have expected much the first half of this year.

https://twitter.com/DrJesseMorse/status ... 7868073985
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:42 am

I think I would sell him for a 2023 1st that doesn't project to be late.

Huge fan of Dobbins, but if he's going to be limited this year or it's going to take him until the end of the year to get a decent workload, then I think there are going to be a lot of questions about his future in Baltimore after the season.

Also, Gus Edwards is coming back at some point. And while he isn't better than Dobbins, they'll absolutely use him significantly if it means pacing Dobbins workload.

This backfield could get really messy.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:49 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:42 am I think I would sell him for a 2023 1st that doesn't project to be late.

Huge fan of Dobbins, but if he's going to be limited this year or it's going to take him until the end of the year to get a decent workload, then I think there are going to be a lot of questions about his future in Baltimore after the season.

Also, Gus Edwards is coming back at some point. And while he isn't better than Dobbins, they'll absolutely use him significantly if it means pacing Dobbins workload.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but to be fair, I think you just described most backfields in the league. There aren’t many teams where one guy gets all the work. Most teams have two guys who get significant time. It’s the ones with more than two guys that get really messy in my opinion.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:57 am

frerichs5 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:49 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:42 am I think I would sell him for a 2023 1st that doesn't project to be late.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but to be fair, I think you just described most backfields in the league. There aren’t many teams where one guy gets all the work. Most teams have two guys who get significant time. It’s the ones with more than two guys that get really messy in my opinion.
I'm just saying that I can see a scenario where Dobbins isn't getting most of the work all season. I'm not judging that at the standard of being an every down back. Harbaugh loves Edwards and they just brought in Drake, who is at least a competent RB. If they brought in another Mike Davis, I'd be less concerned.

And right now, Drake has a chance to stick in the backfield over these next couple of weeks. If he plays well, Baltimore might just end up rotating 3 backs all season.

Dobbins was my favorite back in the 2020 class, but the downside is looking really clear to me right now.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:06 am

The Ravens will only rotate 3 RBs if they don't love what they have. Once Dobbins is back healthy he's the 1a and there will be a 2nd back. With a 3rd maybe getting some crumbs. The leftover will be phased out. My guess is the pecking order when fully healthy will play out as

Dobbins, Gus, Drake, Davis

I believe in the talent and the Ravnes are smart enough to know what they have. I don't see them kicking him to the curb assuming he heals back to where he was pre injury. They're going to give him his chance. Nothing has changed. If you believe in the talent, buy the dip. If you don't then you weren't in on him anyway. The rest is just background noise.