J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14183
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:36 am

So right now, there is no real consensus top pick. Here are a few reasons I believe Dobbins will assert himself as the top pick for many, post combine.

Elite college production (including a breakout freshman performance at the age of 18), and 3 down skill set.

Dobbins finished as the single season rushing record holder for the Buckeyes, and 2nd all time leading rusher, behind only Archie Griffin, who played 4 years to Dobbins 3. Dobbins was well on pace to shatter that record if he stayed as a senior.

JK never had less than 22 reception in any college season, displaying good hands and pass blocking in his 3 seasons at Ohio State.

Lead back size and athleticism

JK is listed at 5 ft 10, 217 pounds, and has the frame to handle a full NFL work load

At the age of 17, J.K. Dobbins, was named the Nike Football Rating champion by compiling a final mark of 146.76. He ran a 4.45 40-yard dash with a 4.09 shuttle, a 42-inch power ball toss and 43-1 inch vertical, per a report from 247 Sports.

I believe he will have a very good NFL combine based on these numbers.

Age

EDIT: Dobbins is a junior, and he is 21, but will not be 22 until late December, so he's not an old prospect. He is about the same age as Swift (within a month) and Jonathon Taylor. Any of these prospects will be a good bet at their age, they are basically on par. The top prospects all have this going for them, so while it doesn't help Dobbins vs them, it doesn't hurt him either.

Performance in the college playoff

Dobbins showed out against a top end D in Clemson, and showed toughness by coming back into the game to help him team after and awkward hit while he was wrapped up that led to an ankle injury. I think this performance endeared himself to many on this board, based on the comments at the time while that game was being discussed. It was the last game he played, and he left on a high note.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 1:51 am

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby Sfoster2625 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:41 am

Having the 1.01 this year is almost a curse. Right now I have it dobbins, swift, and Taylor but God it’s close
Qb: Mahomes, Daniel Jones
Rb: mixon, Ceh, Akers, breida, pollard, McFarland, Lynn Bowden, Darrynton Evans
Wr: devante Adams, dj Moore, Chark, juju, diontae johnson, mims, Lazard, Aiyuk, Anthony miller
Te: engram, hurst, irv smith, gesicki
Cb: Kyle fuller, Jaire Alexander
S: Jamal Adams, Taylor Rapp
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Brian burns
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen, Fletcher Cox
Lb: Darius Leonard, Patrick Queen, vander esch

Have to cut down to 32 players by beginning of regular season

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is big play based and even with wr scoring

User avatar
esloan35
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:14 am

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby esloan35 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:00 am

I also have 1.1 and would move back to the top 3 if I had a owner wanting to pay to move up. With the top 3 so close it doesn't appear to be a desire for most holding 1.2 and 1.3. Landing spot is a huge factor for these guys. I did read a mock yesterday with Dobbins going to the Cards in the 2nd round which could be an amazing spot for him if the Cards keep CAP space for RFA, cut or move DJ, and draft a RB. They have a bunch of holes to fill and Futz and the OT eat a good chunk of it.

QB Browns
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby QB Browns » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:51 am

The more I watch of him the more I like. I've gotta think that a lot of this comes down to where these guys are drafted. All three look like major talents.
10 team, 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, K, DEF, .5 ppr

QB: C. Wentz, D. Prescott, S. Darnold, B. Mayfield

RB: A. Kamara, S. Barkley, S. Michel, C. Carson, R. Mostert, D. Thompson, J. Dobbins, A. Dillon, J. Kelley, D. Harris, J. Howard

WR: M. Evans, M. Thomas, D. Adams, K. Allen, A. Robinson, A. Miller, H. Butler, M. Boykin, P. Williams, C. Lamb, C. Claypool

TE: D. Waller, J. Sternberger

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 am

I just spent 5 minutes watching highlights of JK Dobbins, then watched 5 mins of Zeke Elliott tape from college. One of these guys looks like a legit 1.01 pick, the other... not so much.

:biggrin:

User avatar
Mike11
Captain
Captain
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby Mike11 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:03 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 am
I just spent 5 minutes watching highlights of JK Dobbins, then watched 5 mins of Zeke Elliott tape from college. One of these guys looks like a legit 1.01 pick, the other... not so much.

:biggrin:
So do you not like dobbins or am I missing your point?

I think I have Dobbins/Swift as 1A/1B than Taylor as a clear 3 as of now. Dobbins film looks very legit I will say.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QbAaron Rodgers Kirk Cousins Andy Dalton, Lamar Jackson
RbTodd Gurley Kareem Hunt James Connor
Flex Nick Chubb
WrJulio Jones Steffon Diggs Sammy Watkins Josh Gordon Mike Williams , Deebo Samuel
TeRob Gronkowski Eric Ebron TJ Hockenson

nathanq42
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2913
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:11 am

He has been the only player I have wanted to get throughout this whole time.
12 Team 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff, Nick Foles, Gardner Minshew
RB Rashaad Penny, Austin Ekeler, Royce Freeman, Jerrick McKinnon, Justice Hill
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Dede Westbrook, Parris Campbell, Preston Williams, Zach Parscal, James Washington, Hakeem Butler
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller, Jacob Hollister
+1 Flex
Picks
1.01, 1.04, 1.05, 1.07, 1.09
2 2021 firsts (both mid to late)

10 Team .5 PPR
Wentz, Brees, Stafford
Swift, Dobbins, Akers, Miles Sanders DeVonta Freeman
Evans, DJ Moore, Sutton, Arob, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Marvin Jones, Shepard, Tate, Westbrook, Campbell
Mark Andrews, Darren Waller
+2 Flex
Picks
No 2021 1st or 3rd

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9372
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:08 am

Sfoster2625 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:41 am
Having the 1.01 this year is almost a curse. Right now I have it dobbins, swift, and Taylor but God it’s close
Jeudy?

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3652
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:18 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:08 am
Sfoster2625 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:41 am
Having the 1.01 this year is almost a curse. Right now I have it dobbins, swift, and Taylor but God it’s close
Jeudy?
It's really too early to say for sure, I think all 4 have a legitimate chance at it, and Lamb is probably not quite equal to those 4, but he's not completely out of contention for 1.01 consideration.

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:44 am

Mike11 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:03 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 am
I just spent 5 minutes watching highlights of JK Dobbins, then watched 5 mins of Zeke Elliott tape from college. One of these guys looks like a legit 1.01 pick, the other... not so much.

:biggrin:
So do you not like dobbins or am I missing your point?

I think I have Dobbins/Swift as 1A/1B than Taylor as a clear 3 as of now. Dobbins film looks very legit I will say.
I'm not impressed so far. He lacks burst. He made a few guys miss in the backfield, with nice cuts. Seems to have good vision. But if I'm drafting a RB early, I want him to look like the fastest or most powerful guy on the field. Doobs doesn't check either box.

His tape gave me the same reaction as OJ Howard's. Just "bleh". Totally competent and effective, but when he loses the Ohio St. advantage can he still stand out?

Of course, have not yet looked at anyone else yet, so can't rank him in this class. But if he is the best or nearly the best, this RB class is WAY overhyped.
Last edited by Cult of Dionysus on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14183
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:44 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 am
I just spent 5 minutes watching highlights of JK Dobbins, then watched 5 mins of Zeke Elliott tape from college. One of these guys looks like a legit 1.01 pick, the other... not so much.

:biggrin:
I did the same thing, and I don't think Dobbins is any slouch.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

User avatar
dynastyninja
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:56 am

Haven't dived into the tape yet, but at what point did Dobbins pass Taylor and Swift? Seemed to me like they were definitely above him.

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:00 am

Based upon the lack of burst that I've seen on his tape, he ain't EVER passing nobody.

Seriously, watch his tape. When does he beat anyone with speed?

Watch Zeke, he hits another gear after three or 4 steps and pulls away, which is extraordinary for a guy as big and strong as him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14183
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:00 am
Based upon the lack of burst that I've seen on his tape, he ain't EVER passing nobody.

Seriously, watch his tape. When does he beat anyone with speed?

Watch Zeke, he hits another gear after three or 4 steps and pulls away, which is extraordinary for a guy as big and strong as him.
A ton of Zeke's runs were better blocked. I think he is a bit faster, but so many of those Zeke runs he never slows down through the hole because the blocking is so damn good. I expect JK to run high 4.4's or low 4.5's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7uZCTcSm5g

This is plenty fast enough when he gets in the clear.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3652
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: J.K. Dobbins 1.01?

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:00 am
Based upon the lack of burst that I've seen on his tape, he ain't EVER passing nobody.

Seriously, watch his tape. When does he beat anyone with speed?

Watch Zeke, he hits another gear after three or 4 steps and pulls away, which is extraordinary for a guy as big and strong as him.
A ton of Zeke's runs were better blocked. I think he is a bit faster, but so many of those Zeke runs he never slows down through the hole because the blocking is so damn good. I expect JK to run high 4.4's or low 4.5's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7uZCTcSm5g

This is plenty fast enough when he gets in the clear.
And that was against the best/fastest defense he faced all year.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dawkins20 and 49 guests