Does Anyone Still Believe: N'Keal Harry Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: N'keal Harry // Value In This Year's Rookie Class

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:38 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:43 pm I found it interesting that Courtland Sutton's average separation was basically the same as Harry's yet he's viewed as one of the next elite Wrs by a lot.

I think Harry puts it all together at some point, at least to the level of not being a total bust. He's putting in the work.
Maybe because Sutton actually put up numbers? This coming from a non believer in Sutton... I think the jury is still out in Harry but I'm not buying

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 am

Shankopotamus wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:43 pm I found it interesting that Courtland Sutton's average separation was basically the same as Harry's yet he's viewed as one of the next elite Wrs by a lot.

I think Harry puts it all together at some point, at least to the level of not being a total bust. He's putting in the work.
You're pulling out a random/obscure metric to tie the two together, yet, Sutton had a very promising rookie year statistically, and had a big leap year 2, putting up well over 1,000 yards with poor QB play and below average WR play across from him. This is a big reach to try and compare the trajectory of the two, based on a single metric. I personally don't think Sutton will be elite, but his future certainly looks more promising than Harry, currently.

These are professional football players. They are all "putting in the work", except for a very few, who don't care, and those are few and far between. Not to single you out specifically, because it happens all the time, but the idea anybody in our range of access to pro football can glean who works hard and who doesn't based on an article written or some internet video is one on the weaker arguments used in general, to promote a player. 'm assuming you are talking about the video of him working on his footwork, of course. I mean, it beats an article about him sitting on the couch and eating Cheetos and lamenting about a poor rookie season, but that's about it. All these guys are working year round to get better, for the most part. Every WR is working on their footwork, it's one of the most important skills of the position.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sat May 16, 2020 3:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 am I mean, it beats an article about him sitting on the couch and eating Cheetos...
Can we please tone it down on the personal attacks? You’ve never even met me.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Sat May 16, 2020 6:06 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 am

You're pulling out a random/obscure metric to tie the two together, yet, Sutton had a very promising rookie year statistically, and had a big leap year 2, putting up well over 1,000 yards with poor QB play and below average WR play across from him. This is a big reach to try and compare the trajectory of the two, based on a single metric. I personally don't think Sutton will be elite, but his future certainly looks more promising than Harry, currently.

These are professional football players. They are all "putting in the work", except for a very few, who don't care, and those are few and far between. Not to single you out specifically, because it happens all the time, but the idea anybody in our range of access to pro football can glean who works hard and who doesn't based on an article written or some internet video is one on the weaker arguments used in general, to promote a player. 'm assuming you are talking about the video of him working on his footwork, of course. I mean, it beats an article about him sitting on the couch and eating Cheetos and lamenting about a poor rookie season, but that's about it. All these guys are working year round to get better, for the most part. Every WR is working on their footwork, it's one of the most important skills of the position.
Good points.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby stoneghost28 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:37 am

Already had a ton of shares, now down to five or six. Had a chance to acquire him in two different leagues but the cost was just too much considering how of a disaster '19 was (even if it was largely explicable-major injuries derail '19 offseason, quarterback is a classic example of the vet who doesn't have time for rookies learning and making plenty of mistakes on the job). I want a pretty steep discount w/basically all the '19 trend lines in the negative, but so far the offers have not been of that milieu, instead the ask has been fairly high (a '21 first of a rebuilding team and the 3.01, for Harry and a mid 2nd, and in another league Diontae and a mid 2nd).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:31 pm

A lot of negative reports out of camp about Harry so far. Not looking good for his value.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:31 pm A lot of negative reports out of camp about Harry so far. Not looking good for his value.
Interesting, been seeing a lot of hype on Harry's rebound since a bad start to camp. I'm leaning a bit towards bust with him; but I'm not ready to close the book on him just yet. Cam Newton's apparently been in his ear about trying to make him play more physical. Nicknamed him "Doughboy" because he's trying to play like Julian Edelman instead of the "Power Forward" he is.

Not a great indictment, but it might be the equivalent of Derrick Henry getting the same wake up call from Eddie George.

According to Belicheck he understands the offense a lot better now, which is pretty big for playing time.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:25 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:44 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:31 pm A lot of negative reports out of camp about Harry so far. Not looking good for his value.
Interesting, been seeing a lot of hype on Harry's rebound since a bad start to camp. I'm leaning a bit towards bust with him; but I'm not ready to close the book on him just yet. Cam Newton's apparently been in his ear about trying to make him play more physical. Nicknamed him "Doughboy" because he's trying to play like Julian Edelman instead of the "Power Forward" he is.

Not a great indictment, but it might be the equivalent of Derrick Henry getting the same wake up call from Eddie George.

According to Belicheck he understands the offense a lot better now, which is pretty big for playing time.
I think its all too early for any valid speculation tbh. If he can stay on the field this year we'll see.

We saw a rookie last season play like 4 games with limited reps, and granted he made alot of mistakes, but he got torn to shreds with this bust rhetoric before he's really even gotten a chance.

Not saying he's a stud, just that its way to early to put any weight in any speculative reports about his future.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:27 pm

I'm talking about what people observing are seeing on the field, not about what coaches are saying. He's not playing well, according to those watching and apparently has some conditioning issues, too.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:43 pm

watched alot of Harry at ASU. Felt like he only tried when he wanted to. Always wore his emotions on his sleeve. If he didn't get the ball he would be pouting on the sideline. And then they would throw it to him and he wouldn't always make the effort depending on how he was feeling. He just seemed like a real diva to me. If i did own him i'd try to dump him while he does have some kinda value or be stuck with a Laquon Treadwell situation...id take a 2nd for sure if possible.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:47 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:27 pm

I'm talking about what people observing are seeing on the field, not about what coaches are saying. He's not playing well, according to those watching and apparently has some conditioning issues, too.
Depends who you ask:
https://twitter.com/zackcoxnesn/status/ ... 97154?s=21
https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/12 ... 7933862914

This is why you never listen to beat reporters...

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:01 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:47 pm

Depends who you ask:

dude said "Nifty catch" lol...man. popwarner kids catching those balls. I thought he was #80 i was gonna say damn, NKeal got faster ! lol

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:19 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Depends who you ask:

dude said "Nifty catch" lol...man. popwarner kids catching those balls. I thought he was #80 i was gonna say damn, NKeal got faster ! lol
huh?

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:24 pm

Gonna dump him the first chance I get (if I get one).
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:25 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:19 pm
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Depends who you ask:

huh?
https://twitter.com/i/status/1298266723418742786

stemming from the the link you posted.