Does Anyone Still Believe: N'Keal Harry Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Damiere Byrd looks the best WR in NE. That isn't good.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Servo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am Loved Harry in college, and like most, liked him more than AJ + DK (still have exposure to AJB in other dynasty leagues, thankfully :( .

However, in one of my main leagues, I chose Harry at 1.05...and that is going to haunt me mentally for who knows how long. I'm completely done with the guy, and would gladly accept a 3rd at this point...if that's possible.

So far, the pick hasn't been catastrophic for my team but who knows where I'd be with AJ or DK. :sick:
If it makes you feel any better, the owner in our SF league with the 1.01 came into our draft night truly torn. So of course we kept feeding him beers. "Do I draft with my heart or my head" was the call... and right down to the moment he put pen to the paper of the draft card, he was still weighing it up. He just loved Harry too much, and saw him as a can't-miss.

That move, plus giving the 1.02 Kyler Murray, has shaped our league for years to come now. We still give him grief about it, and it never gets old.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:02 am

That DEN game was the worst Patriots offense I've seen in years, maybe decades. My Pats look like a bottom feeder team after that one.

Practice time, injuries, receiver group, scheme, game plan - you name it, it was absolutely brutal.

And yes, that includes Harry, who is still terrible, like I said before he was even drafted - and said only more loudly ever since the Pats took him.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:49 am

DLF3000 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:02 am That DEN game was the worst Patriots offense I've seen in years, maybe decades. My Pats look like a bottom feeder team after that one.

Practice time, injuries, receiver group, scheme, game plan - you name it, it was absolutely brutal.

And yes, that includes Harry, who is still terrible, like I said before he was even drafted - and said only more loudly ever since the Pats took him.
In the past NE used the pass (specifically short/swing pass) to set up the run. Now with Cam (who throws wobblily ducks on any ball more than 10 yards down the field) they have to run to setup the pass, and they simply can't pull that off with what they have. Their best QB was Edelman.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:35 am

abloom wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:49 am
DLF3000 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:02 am That DEN game was the worst Patriots offense I've seen in years, maybe decades. My Pats look like a bottom feeder team after that one.

In the past NE used the pass (specifically short/swing pass) to set up the run. Now with Cam (who throws wobblily ducks on any ball more than 10 yards down the field) they have to run to setup the pass, and they simply can't pull that off with what they have. Their best QB was Edelman.
Agree - we may never see the the NEP offense vs. SEA again this year. Looking like an aberration.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:39 am

DLF3000 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:35 am

Agree - we may never see the the NEP offense vs. SEA again this year. Looking like an aberration.
They've had little to no practice since then, especially with Cam, due to Covid and all the closing and opening of the facility. I'm more inclined to believe this week was the aberration.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:34 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:39 am
DLF3000 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:35 am

They've had little to no practice since then, especially with Cam, due to Covid and all the closing and opening of the facility. I'm more inclined to believe this week was the aberration.
While I understand the no practice thing. I have to assume that Cam (while Asymptomatic) was able to go outside and throw some balls. Maybe its just rust. But it looked ugly out there.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:46 am

He couldn't practice with NE though, and he's still a QB in a new system with abbreviated offseason work in the system and with the players on the roster.

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:20 pm

With the 9ers going small at corner I think this could be a week we see Harry show up... Whether that's 30 yards and a TD or something more is anyone's guess. If injuries force the 9ers to bring the big corners back out I would expect it to be in Edelman's favor.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:30 pm

He's not good. Can't separate, can't make contested catches. He's looking like a total bust so far. Not looking like an difference maker in the NFL.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:26 pm

Maybe NE should stay away from drafting skill positions in the 1st for now.

jgoodie24
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jgoodie24 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:25 pm

I listened to the hype, took him at 1.02, and I'm viewing him more and more as a bust. He's getting awfully close to me cutting him loose to make space on the roster. He's just shown so little life or utility so far.
Riverside Van Dwellers - 2021 Champion
10 Team, 0.5 PPR:
starts 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 D/ST, 1 K
12 bench, 4 IR, 3 Redshirts (2 yr limit)

QB: T. Brady, J. Garoppolo
RB: D. Singletary, D. Swift, CEH, J. Cook, J. Warren, J. McKinnon
WR: C. Kupp, T. Higgins, K. Allen, DeVonta Smith, G. Davis, A-R St. Brown, A. Pierce
TE: T. Higbee, TJ Hockenson
K: T. Bass, B. Maher
D/ST: Pit, Ind, LAR
IR: Marquise Brown
Redshirt: D. Ridder, K. Williams

2023 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4x2
2024 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:37 pm

Damiere Byrd has outplayed him this season. I would not be excited about him. FAs and draftees incoming.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:45 am

I can't argue at all whether Harry looks good or not. But I can make these points;

1) Harry has not been able to attend a normal off-season and pre-season, ever. Year 1 due to injury and Year 2 due to Covid.
2) He's only played in 12 NFL games so far.
3) He's only 22 years old.
4) He's been preparing to play with 3 different QB's within the span of a single year.
5) He has improved from year 1 to year 2.
6) He has shown some flashes of good play.
7) His resume on paper (draft pedigree, size and athleticism, college production) is superb.

We all know he hasn't been good. It's more to say here is a player that is losing value, but with his resume he's exactly the type of player to keep betting on. Whether you think he looks like he can't run routes or can't separate doesn't really matter. As long as it's not JJAWS level of bad then it doesn't really matter. How many people thought about Claypool the same exact way? Can't run routes, can't separate. Most did.

Harry reminds me a lot of Derrick Henry. Both excellent resumes coming into the league but they just didn't fire right away. People forget that for 44 NFL games, many if not the majority of dynasty players thought Derrick Henry was garbage. Harry is at 12 games played right now. Not every player is wired to come into the league and dominate right away. Every player is different and sometimes it just takes more time for some than for others. I really liked DeVante Parkers talent in college and it literally took 5 years for him to grow up and mature and translate it to the NFL.

Again, I'm fading Harry just like everyone else. I'm not writing this to convince anyone that he's good, I don't know if he's good either. I'm more responding to the people who are certain that Harry is a lost cause, that he's a bust, that he's droppable, that he's a garbage player, etc. It looks bleak but we have seen this path before. This is exactly the type of player you should be betting on when their value craters for the reasons I outlined above.

If I'm trying to buy, no i'm not paying a 1st and i'm probably not paying a 2nd straight up either. But given the comments here and other trades I've seen, maybe adding to a 3rd would get it done and I'd do that all day.

philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby philosophy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:58 am

The Patriots are a horrendous landing spot for rookie WRs, I think we were all oblivious to this fact. Belichick game plans to win the game, not to get a player his desired targets and production. Add the fact that Brady's passing game didn't mesh well with Harry's strengths, and now they are a run-centric team with Cam. Hence, for Harry to get a chance they need to be in a large deficit forcing the pass. I'm not sure what they're even doing at practice honestly, he doesn't run deep routes, not many designed touches, etc.

He has the talent to be better than this, I guess his confidence got shot early and he does not seem the brightest and most receptive. He needs to stop stomping with all his force every step he takes and needs to glide more, quick and light feet. I know he slimmed down and worked on his footwork this offseason, but I'm wondering how much he has applied to his game.