Does Anyone Still Believe: N'Keal Harry Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby philosophy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:06 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:45 am I can't argue at all whether Harry looks good or not. But I can make these points;

1) Harry has not been able to attend a normal off-season and pre-season, ever. Year 1 due to injury and Year 2 due to Covid.
2) He's only played in 12 NFL games so far.
3) He's only 22 years old.
4) He's been preparing to play with 3 different QB's within the span of a single year.
5) He has improved from year 1 to year 2.
6) He has shown some flashes of good play.
7) His resume on paper (draft pedigree, size and athleticism, college production) is superb.

We all know he hasn't been good. It's more to say here is a player that is losing value, but with his resume he's exactly the type of player to keep betting on. Whether you think he looks like he can't run routes or can't separate doesn't really matter. As long as it's not JJAWS level of bad then it doesn't really matter. How many people thought about Claypool the same exact way? Can't run routes, can't separate. Most did.

Harry reminds me a lot of Derrick Henry. Both excellent resumes coming into the league but they just didn't fire right away. People forget that for 44 NFL games, many if not the majority of dynasty players thought Derrick Henry was garbage. Harry is at 12 games played right now. Not every player is wired to come into the league and dominate right away. Every player is different and sometimes it just takes more time for some than for others. I really liked DeVante Parkers talent in college and it literally took 5 years for him to grow up and mature and translate it to the NFL.

Again, I'm fading Harry just like everyone else. I'm not writing this to convince anyone that he's good, I don't know if he's good either. I'm more responding to the people who are certain that Harry is a lost cause, that he's a bust, that he's droppable, that he's a garbage player, etc. It looks bleak but we have seen this path before. This is exactly the type of player you should be betting on when their value craters for the reasons I outlined above.

If I'm trying to buy, no i'm not paying a 1st and i'm probably not paying a 2nd straight up either. But given the comments here and other trades I've seen, maybe adding to a 3rd would get it done and I'd do that all day.
Exactly, great post. He has more to offer than what we've seen thus far. He may be thinking too much and his lack of foot speed may compound each other to what we're seeing. I think he has room to mature and work harder to be better, and perhaps will get more opportunities in time to showcase himself.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:45 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:45 am I can't argue at all whether Harry looks good or not. But I can make these points;

1) Harry has not been able to attend a normal off-season and pre-season, ever. Year 1 due to injury and Year 2 due to Covid.
4) He's been preparing to play with 3 different QB's within the span of a single year.
7) His resume on paper (draft pedigree, size and athleticism, college production) is superb.

We all know he hasn't been good. It's more to say here is a player that is losing value, but with his resume he's exactly the type of player to keep betting on. Whether you think he looks like he can't run routes or can't separate doesn't really matter. As long as it's not JJAWS level of bad then it doesn't really matter. How many people thought about Claypool the same exact way? Can't run routes, can't separate. Most did.

Harry reminds me a lot of Derrick Henry. Both excellent resumes coming into the league but they just didn't fire right away. People forget that for 44 NFL games, many if not the majority of dynasty players thought Derrick Henry was garbage. Harry is at 12 games played right now. Not every player is wired to come into the league and dominate right away. Every player is different and sometimes it just takes more time for some than for others. I really liked DeVante Parkers talent in college and it literally took 5 years for him to grow up and mature and translate it to the NFL.

Again, I'm fading Harry just like everyone else. I'm not writing this to convince anyone that he's good, I don't know if he's good either. I'm more responding to the people who are certain that Harry is a lost cause, that he's a bust, that he's droppable, that he's a garbage player, etc. It looks bleak but we have seen this path before. This is exactly the type of player you should be betting on when their value craters for the reasons I outlined above.

If I'm trying to buy, no i'm not paying a 1st and i'm probably not paying a 2nd straight up either. But given the comments here and other trades I've seen, maybe adding to a 3rd would get it done and I'd do that all day.
Totally agree with this.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:29 am

Although I agree with this, I dropped him for Gabriel Davis today! Why? Because I lost on Claypool havIng the same debate and hope, and I don’t think anyone would pick Harry over Claypool. I think Davis might have a big game coming soon too. As for Harry, I think none owners have erased him from their lists and you can probably pick him up after a few games or two.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:35 am

I traded him. He has literally shown next to nothing. We knew he couldnt separate, but bought in that his physicality would cover that up. It hasnt, he isnt physical, he is slow, and he makes mental mistakes. I watch him every week and i just dont see anything at all with him. I loved him in college too, really bought in but i was time to cut bait.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:04 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:35 am I traded him. He has literally shown next to nothing. We knew he couldnt separate, but bought in that his physicality would cover that up. It hasnt, he isnt physical, he is slow, and he makes mental mistakes. I watch him every week and i just dont see anything at all with him. I loved him in college too, really bought in but i was time to cut bait.
What did you get? I’d move him for any reasonable offer at this point.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:07 pm

Appreciate your insight. How do you place him regarding your other thread regarding rookie receivers breaking out their first year? Seems like he’s getting to be a long shot base on those numbers.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:51 pm

I own no Harry but I'd buy low on the off-chance he becomes off-season workout pals with Ochocinco and TO

Concussed?... This dude can't catch a break

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:56 pm

TD41 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:51 pm I own no Harry but I'd buy low on the off-chance he becomes off-season workout pals with Ochocinco and TO

Sounds like you're talking about Kevin White here.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:01 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:56 pm
TD41 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:51 pm I own no Harry but I'd buy low on the off-chance he becomes off-season workout pals with Ochocinco and TO

Who?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Who?
Kevin White the guy that the Bears picked who was always hurt. He's on the 9ers squad now. While injuries can be an excuse for a guy not producing they can also set a young player with potential on a bad trajectory.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:30 pm

His value purely depends on the depth of a league. Shallow with high upside WW options, he's droppable. Standard depth league I'd take a shot at him cheap. Really deep leagues id pay a bit more and be fine to watch him sit there and probably drop him in a year or two.

For reference one of my leagues I had to add hasty four or five weeks ago as the top option, two weeks ago the top add was rashard Higgins and that browns wr who got busted for weed that's on the dolphins. I'd happily pay a third there as I can let him sit there as a roster clog for a couple years and see if anything changes from a wr with first round pedigree

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:35 pm

This offense overall looks like a trainwreck.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:59 pm

Those are some reasonable points on Harry. But... he still sucks.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:20 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:24 pm

Who?
Kevin White the guy that the Bears picked who was always hurt. He's on the 9ers squad now. While injuries can be an excuse for a guy not producing they can also set a young player with potential on a bad trajectory.
#Sarcasm
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:20 pm
jjleurquin wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:24 pm

Who?
#Sarcasm
lmao. You could be serious at this point. He's a forgotten name in 2020.