Does Anyone Still Believe: N'Keal Harry Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: N'Keal Harry will bust

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:24 pm

Phaded is not a guy who spares feelings. He speaks his mind and doesn't care if it bothers you.

And if you doubt his opinions you can search his history. He's spot on the vast majority of the time.

Not the nicest guy, but darn accurate.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:46 pm

It’s just kind of strange he picks possibly the safest prospect since amari cooper as a guy he thinks will certainly bust.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:07 pm

Blueboy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:22 pm I was a bit too optimistic in my first round of tape review for Harry, this thread inspired me to take pause in my second go around. So thanks Phaded.
Glad to hear; honestly - that is more the point of the thread.
I do not believe the large majority of people to get on board with what I'm saying (as evidenced by the majority of responses); but if it causes you to go back and watch some more tape on him, then I consider it a mission accomplished.
I think everyone is entitled to coming up with their own opinion of a player - and while I could certainly be wrong (I have bee, no one hits perfectly); there are just things to watch for with him.
dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:24 pm Phaded is not a guy who spares feelings. He speaks his mind and doesn't care if it bothers you.

And if you doubt his opinions you can search his history. He's spot on the vast majority of the time.

Not the nicest guy, but darn accurate.
I know we've had our differences of opinion and our spats in the past, but thanks Mike - I appreciate that.
I hope you know that while we have had those spats, I also respect the work and opinions that you put out there as well.
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:46 pm It’s just kind of strange he picks possibly the safest prospect since amari cooper as a guy he thinks will certainly bust.
It's funny you mention Cooper; while he did not all out bust, one of my big threads that blew up a couple years ago was when I was cautioning everyone to pump the brakes on Amari Cooper at the #3 overall dynasty asset a couple years back.

I'm a unique snowflake, that is for sure.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:01 pm

So now he is a Patriot.

My opinion still stands.

People are going to reach on him because he was drafted by the Patriots.

Good luck to you if you draft him; especially with your 1.01.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:02 pm

He was my 1.1 already. The landing spot is kind of a moot point to me. Actually a little disappointed he landed there as he will not be tied to Brady very long.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:11 pm

Last 1st round WR selected by Patriots I believe was Terry Glenn (4 1000+ yard seasons).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:11 am

I don't see why the Patriots aspect of his landing spot is even a factor. What are we expecting? A year or maybe two with Brady and then a complete unknown at QB (personally hope they trade for Rosen)? That's nowhere near an ideal situation if you ask me.

The good thing about his landing spot is the draft capital. That's nice of course.
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Monkey » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:08 am

They will trade for Rosen and unlock his potential or draft Trevor Lawrence after Brady gets them through the next couple years before retiring and becoming an assistant coach for the Patriots and the dynasty will continue.

Jokes aside, Patriots were sort of a neutral landing spot for a WR for me.. great QB, but they typically spread the ball around quite a bit. I'm a big fan of Harry, he's currently slotted in at 1.01 for me if you put a gun to my head, but I could easily see an argument for 3 or 4 others at the top, especially depending on what happens in the rest of the draft.

Thanks for the warning Phaded, I too took a more critical look at Harry, I just still like him.

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:43 am

Monkey wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:08 am They will trade for Rosen and unlock his potential or draft Trevor Lawrence after Brady gets them through the next couple years before retiring and becoming an assistant coach for the Patriots and the dynasty will continue.

Jokes aside, Patriots were sort of a neutral landing spot for a WR for me.. great QB, but they typically spread the ball around quite a bit. I'm a big fan of Harry, he's currently slotted in at 1.01 for me if you put a gun to my head, but I could easily see an argument for 3 or 4 others at the top, especially depending on what happens in the rest of the draft.

Thanks for the warning Phaded, I too took a more critical look at Harry, I just still like him.
lol, I know you were joking, but Brady can't play a couple more years and then they also draft Lawrence, lol. Those two things are not possible together, haha.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:45 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:11 pm Last 1st round WR selected by Patriots I believe was Terry Glenn (4 1000+ yard seasons).
... 23 years ago and pre-BB.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:16 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:24 pm Not the nicest guy, but darn accurate.
You try being a Canadian Raiders fan and see how nice you are! :)

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:20 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:16 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:24 pm Not the nicest guy, but darn accurate.
You try being a Canadian Raiders fan and see how nice you are! :)
You get me, Lotto.

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:07 am

The plus for Harry is that McDaniels is going to use him with intelligence and imagination. He has an awful lot to offer with his blend of big body, contested catch guy on the outside and big slot with YAC threat. McDaniels will unlock that. Brady will throw him perfect balls on time. If he has two years under these guys that could be the making of him. If Belichick is there after Brady then the next QB will be good. If not, then who knows, but hopefully Harry can have proved himself by then.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:21 am

Factory of Sadness wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:07 am The plus for Harry is that McDaniels is going to use him with intelligence and imagination. He has an awful lot to offer with his blend of big body, contested catch guy on the outside and big slot with YAC threat. McDaniels will unlock that. Brady will throw him perfect balls on time. If he has two years under these guys that could be the making of him. If Belichick is there after Brady then the next QB will be good. If not, then who knows, but hopefully Harry can have proved himself by then.
Still think he is a Funchess type. Not bad but not great. Time will tell and he could develop but needs to learn how to beat press coverage better. Nice red zone fit for the Pats.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Stronglikebear
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Stronglikebear » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:13 am

I feel that it is perfectly reasonable to argue that N'Keal Harry is not the 1.01 and is 1.06 or whatever after tonight. The goal should not be to determine stud or bust, pass or fail, boom or bust but to figure out his mostly likely value relative to other rookies. I think the real take away is an increase of value for Sony Michael because I feel that he is the likely apex of the New England offense. They took a guy that can make contested catches and block the secondary down field (27 reps). I have Harry long term as a low end WR2, low ceiling, high floor. If you wanna argue the macro all or nothing, I will take the guy with the 6 super bowl rings over the guy with the 10k+ FFB posts.