Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
ThunderTung
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Patsfan86 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 pm
koalabear wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 am
He looks slow and goes down on first contact every time. I'd be looking to move him off of my roster wherever I can.
I just acquired him and while i agree with parts of what you are saying i think we also have to acknowledge he is only getting better and has room to grow. I think he is gaining confidence and Cam is SOOOOOOOO much better for him than Brady when it comes to the confidence piece. Once the confidence is fully there i think we start to see what we saw out of him in college. I think he has only played in 11 NFL games at this point and its all been a weird situation for him due to injury his rookie year, Brady, Covid offseason, then Cam, so he deserves some time and again this year he has already looked better than last season. Arrow is pointing up imo not down. I mean he took a brutal hit early in the game last week and went on to have his best game as a Pat, that shows a toughness to me that just wasnt there before. We shall see.
I think the hope of him being a true no.1 WR is kind of out the window. However that doesnt mean he cant be an efficient target, especially in the redzone, or that he wont be a valuable fantasy asset. I just dont think he'll ever be the 20ppg stud we all expect out of a first rounder, this is coming from a pats fan as well
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr
Picks(2021):2-1st, 3-2nds, 3rd, 2-4ths
QB(1): Mayfield
RB(2): Sanders/Harris
WR(2): Edelman/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Mattison/Kirk
K: Jake Elliot
DL(2): Yannick/Allen
LB(2): Hicks/J. Smith
DB(2) Devin McCourty/Mathieu
FLEX: Murray

Bench:
QB: Foles/Hurts
RB: Barber/JJ Taylor/Burkhead/Ollison
WR: S. Miller/Sims/Campbell/Robinson/ KJ Hill
TE: Witten/Gronk/Sternberger/Asiasi/Keene
DL: Linval/Vea
LB: Chubb/Barrett/Whitehead/Bentley/Vigil/Jones
DB: Gilmore

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:50 pm

ThunderTung wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 pm
Patsfan86 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 pm
koalabear wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 am
He looks slow and goes down on first contact every time. I'd be looking to move him off of my roster wherever I can.
I just acquired him and while i agree with parts of what you are saying i think we also have to acknowledge he is only getting better and has room to grow. I think he is gaining confidence and Cam is SOOOOOOOO much better for him than Brady when it comes to the confidence piece. Once the confidence is fully there i think we start to see what we saw out of him in college. I think he has only played in 11 NFL games at this point and its all been a weird situation for him due to injury his rookie year, Brady, Covid offseason, then Cam, so he deserves some time and again this year he has already looked better than last season. Arrow is pointing up imo not down. I mean he took a brutal hit early in the game last week and went on to have his best game as a Pat, that shows a toughness to me that just wasnt there before. We shall see.
I think the hope of him being a true no.1 WR is kind of out the window. However that doesnt mean he cant be an efficient target, especially in the redzone, or that he wont be a valuable fantasy asset. I just dont think he'll ever be the 20ppg stud we all expect out of a first rounder, this is coming from a pats fan as well
Ya I dont think i see that either, especially with Edelman still hanging around for who knows how long. Its pretty apparent that Cam does like Harry though and thats very encouraging. I do feel a real breakout game is coming soon, dont think itll be consistent but i see one soon and i wonder what the reaction will be around here and with the Pats? The guy has taken a ton of bs from Pats fans, more so than other high pick rookies i can remember.

User avatar
thebeast
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5359
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:58 pm

ThunderTung wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 pm
Patsfan86 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 pm
koalabear wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 am
He looks slow and goes down on first contact every time. I'd be looking to move him off of my roster wherever I can.
I just acquired him and while i agree with parts of what you are saying i think we also have to acknowledge he is only getting better and has room to grow. I think he is gaining confidence and Cam is SOOOOOOOO much better for him than Brady when it comes to the confidence piece. Once the confidence is fully there i think we start to see what we saw out of him in college. I think he has only played in 11 NFL games at this point and its all been a weird situation for him due to injury his rookie year, Brady, Covid offseason, then Cam, so he deserves some time and again this year he has already looked better than last season. Arrow is pointing up imo not down. I mean he took a brutal hit early in the game last week and went on to have his best game as a Pat, that shows a toughness to me that just wasnt there before. We shall see.
I think the hope of him being a true no.1 WR is kind of out the window. However that doesnt mean he cant be an efficient target, especially in the redzone, or that he wont be a valuable fantasy asset. I just dont think he'll ever be the 20ppg stud we all expect out of a first rounder, this is coming from a pats fan as well
Ugh, why would it be out the window. The guy has played like 6 games or something. There is a reason he was drafted as the overall WR1 by the Pats and a reason the majority of the fantasy community drafted him as the first rookie in dynasty rookie drafts, while many other times, like this year, the top NFL pick doesn’t line up with the top fantasy pick. It’s too early to call him a bust or say he can’t be a WR1. This whole conversation reminds me of Davante Adams.
2017 Champion - DLF Hall of Fame League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL
2019 Reg. Season Champ & Runner Up - DLF Premium League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL

User avatar
ThunderTung
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:15 pm

thebeast wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:58 pm
ThunderTung wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 pm
Patsfan86 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 pm


I just acquired him and while i agree with parts of what you are saying i think we also have to acknowledge he is only getting better and has room to grow. I think he is gaining confidence and Cam is SOOOOOOOO much better for him than Brady when it comes to the confidence piece. Once the confidence is fully there i think we start to see what we saw out of him in college. I think he has only played in 11 NFL games at this point and its all been a weird situation for him due to injury his rookie year, Brady, Covid offseason, then Cam, so he deserves some time and again this year he has already looked better than last season. Arrow is pointing up imo not down. I mean he took a brutal hit early in the game last week and went on to have his best game as a Pat, that shows a toughness to me that just wasnt there before. We shall see.
I think the hope of him being a true no.1 WR is kind of out the window. However that doesnt mean he cant be an efficient target, especially in the redzone, or that he wont be a valuable fantasy asset. I just dont think he'll ever be the 20ppg stud we all expect out of a first rounder, this is coming from a pats fan as well
Ugh, why would it be out the window. The guy has played like 6 games or something. There is a reason he was drafted as the overall WR1 by the Pats and a reason the majority of the fantasy community drafted him as the first rookie in dynasty rookie drafts, while many other times, like this year, the top NFL pick doesn’t line up with the top fantasy pick. It’s too early to call him a bust or say he can’t be a WR1. This whole conversation reminds me of Davante Adams.
Because he doesnt have the skillset at this level. He's not quick, fast, or route savvy enough to alpha a wr room. That doesnt mean hes a bust, or a bad receiver. He's shown flashes of ability that makes me believe he could be 1k yard receiver, however i dont think he'll ever have the ability to lineup 1o1 on the outside against a top 5 corner and win.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr
Picks(2021):2-1st, 3-2nds, 3rd, 2-4ths
QB(1): Mayfield
RB(2): Sanders/Harris
WR(2): Edelman/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Mattison/Kirk
K: Jake Elliot
DL(2): Yannick/Allen
LB(2): Hicks/J. Smith
DB(2) Devin McCourty/Mathieu
FLEX: Murray

Bench:
QB: Foles/Hurts
RB: Barber/JJ Taylor/Burkhead/Ollison
WR: S. Miller/Sims/Campbell/Robinson/ KJ Hill
TE: Witten/Gronk/Sternberger/Asiasi/Keene
DL: Linval/Vea
LB: Chubb/Barrett/Whitehead/Bentley/Vigil/Jones
DB: Gilmore

User avatar
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2168
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 pm

Like I said early in this thread, never saw it, had him rated very low, and threw him off my board altogether when the Pats took him. Maybe he has a Brandon LaFell career... at some point. Get excited?
10 Team Dynasty PPR, TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 6 pt/pass TD, 1pt/25 yds pass, 1pt/5 carries, 1pt/10yds rush/rec
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX (R/W/T) 1DST 1TMK | 21 Active Roster, 4 Taxi (*), 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '07 | SB x3: 2018 League Champs!

QB - P Mahomes | D Prescott
RB - A Jones | A Ekeler | C Carson | R Mostert | G Edwards | P Lindsay | B Snell | A McFarland ®* | D Dallas ®* | R Penny+ | L Perine ®+ | J Jackson+
WR - D Hopkins | K Allen | K Golladay | An Brown | D Slayton | J Jeudy ® | D Mims ®* | L Shenault ®* | G Davis ®
TE - T Kelce | M Andrews
DST: Ravens, Packers | TMK: Raiders | 2021 - 3,3,4,4

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:46 pm

DLF3000 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 pm
Like I said early in this thread, never saw it, had him rated very low, and threw him off my board altogether when the Pats took him. Maybe he has a Brandon LaFell career... at some point. Get excited?
You can see the talent however you want to see it but the way of thinking of the pats offense needs to totally change now that Brady is gone. Going to the pats now needs to be reevaluated and the fantasy community should change their thinking, especially if Cam signs long term.

User avatar
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2168
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:01 pm

Patsfan86 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:46 pm
DLF3000 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 pm
Like I said early in this thread, never saw it, had him rated very low, and threw him off my board altogether when the Pats took him. Maybe he has a Brandon LaFell career... at some point. Get excited?
You can see the talent however you want to see it but the way of thinking of the pats offense needs to totally change now that Brady is gone. Going to the pats now needs to be reevaluated and the fantasy community should change their thinking, especially if Cam signs long term.
I see your point, but I simply disagree. I don't think it's Brady, it's the Belicheck regime's passing philosophy in general. They don't typically care for big X receivers outside of a singular Hall of Fame exception.
10 Team Dynasty PPR, TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 6 pt/pass TD, 1pt/25 yds pass, 1pt/5 carries, 1pt/10yds rush/rec
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX (R/W/T) 1DST 1TMK | 21 Active Roster, 4 Taxi (*), 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '07 | SB x3: 2018 League Champs!

QB - P Mahomes | D Prescott
RB - A Jones | A Ekeler | C Carson | R Mostert | G Edwards | P Lindsay | B Snell | A McFarland ®* | D Dallas ®* | R Penny+ | L Perine ®+ | J Jackson+
WR - D Hopkins | K Allen | K Golladay | An Brown | D Slayton | J Jeudy ® | D Mims ®* | L Shenault ®* | G Davis ®
TE - T Kelce | M Andrews
DST: Ravens, Packers | TMK: Raiders | 2021 - 3,3,4,4

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:54 pm

Yesterday they did not pass at all (edelman had less yards than Harry actually) so while the box score may look bad, Harrys performance was not. He is beginning to do things he was unable to do last year. One of his catches was a big boy catch and was able to play strong and gain yards after the catch. Evaluating off of anything we saw last year isnt the way to go. He is getting better in every facet of the game and Cam seems to love him. He will be an up and down fantasy start like almost all Pats players but all i see is an improving player and im excited to see how much better he can get.

User avatar
Servo
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1896
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby Servo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am

Loved Harry in college, and like most, liked him more than AJ + DK (still have exposure to AJB in other dynasty leagues, thankfully :( .

However, in one of my main leagues, I chose Harry at 1.05...and that is going to haunt me mentally for who knows how long. I'm completely done with the guy, and would gladly accept a 3rd at this point...if that's possible.

So far, the pick hasn't been catastrophic for my team but who knows where I'd be with AJ or DK. :sick:
Trucking Through The Fantasy Mud, One Year At a Time.

12-Man, 0.5PPR, Superflex, Start 9
2016 - Runner Up
2017 - Champion
2018 - Champion
2019 - lol


Mahomes, Stafford, Lock, Mariota, Tyrod
Dobbins, D. Williams, Mostert, Kerryon, B. Hill, Hines, Love, Laird, Perine NYJ
Hopkins, Allen, Thielen, Mims, Cooks, Fitz, Perriman, Ross
Kelce, Kittle

hoos89
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4663
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: N'Keal Harry will bust

Postby hoos89 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:53 am

tresskid84 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:23 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:12 am
Wasn't NKeal Harry the darling of many in 2017 and 2018? I remember seeing his name a lot back then and how awesome the 2019 class would be...

Hmmm....
Lol, trading for 2019 picks was once quite tough, lol.
I remember it being much the opposite...people were looking ahead to 2020
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Rodgers, Tannehill, Wentz
Jacobs, Ekeler, Conner, Taylor, Gaskin, D. Harris, McKinnon, Richard, Ahmed
AJB, Moore, Aiyuk, Claypool, Slayton, MVS, Agholor, J. Gordon, James
Andrews, Herndon,
IR(3): Sutton, Michel, Love
Taxi(4): Tua, G. Davis, Bowden
2021 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 3, 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Tannehill, Tua, Bridgewater
CEH, Ito, Barkley, Ito, J. Jackson, Richard, JJ Taylor, Homer, Love, Foreman
J. Jefferson, McLaurin, Jeudy, T. Higgins, Cooks, Berrios, Byrd, Berrios, C. Johnson, T. Johnson, Foster, J. Smith, Ford, Harmon
Hooper, Herndon
2021 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:03 am

Servo wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am
Loved Harry in college, and like most, liked him more than AJ + DK (still have exposure to AJB in other dynasty leagues, thankfully :( .

However, in one of my main leagues, I chose Harry at 1.05...and that is going to haunt me mentally for who knows how long. I'm completely done with the guy, and would gladly accept a 3rd at this point...if that's possible.

So far, the pick hasn't been catastrophic for my team but who knows where I'd be with AJ or DK. :sick:
Yup, he showed some glimmers of hope a few weeks ago and i was staunchly defending him but its a no go now. Im going to hold because i can afford to but def not starting him for a while. I took him at 1.02 in 2019 but was thankfully able to trade for DK. I liked what i saw from harry in college but if im being honest i also fell for the homerism pick. All i know is Pats are going to absolutely need to now find a way to get him involved because this conservative offense is just not working.

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4514
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:07 am

I'm going to chalk this week up to rust for the whole offense after all the facility closures they've had the last few weeks. There have been encouraging signs from Harry with Cam before this, but the whole offense just seemed off yesterday.

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4580
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Damiere Byrd looks the best WR in NE. That isn't good.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Tannehill, Brees
RB: Kamara, CMC, Sanders, Davis, Murray, Scott
WR: Julio, Hill, KA, Hamler
TE: Kelce, Kittle

User avatar
mild
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1392
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby mild » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Servo wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am
Loved Harry in college, and like most, liked him more than AJ + DK (still have exposure to AJB in other dynasty leagues, thankfully :( .

However, in one of my main leagues, I chose Harry at 1.05...and that is going to haunt me mentally for who knows how long. I'm completely done with the guy, and would gladly accept a 3rd at this point...if that's possible.

So far, the pick hasn't been catastrophic for my team but who knows where I'd be with AJ or DK. :sick:
If it makes you feel any better, the owner in our SF league with the 1.01 came into our draft night truly torn. So of course we kept feeding him beers. "Do I draft with my heart or my head" was the call... and right down to the moment he put pen to the paper of the draft card, he was still weighing it up. He just loved Harry too much, and saw him as a can't-miss.

That move, plus giving the 1.02 Kyler Murray, has shaped our league for years to come now. We still give him grief about it, and it never gets old.

User avatar
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2168
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:02 am

That DEN game was the worst Patriots offense I've seen in years, maybe decades. My Pats look like a bottom feeder team after that one.

Practice time, injuries, receiver group, scheme, game plan - you name it, it was absolutely brutal.

And yes, that includes Harry, who is still terrible, like I said before he was even drafted - and said only more loudly ever since the Pats took him.
10 Team Dynasty PPR, TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 6 pt/pass TD, 1pt/25 yds pass, 1pt/5 carries, 1pt/10yds rush/rec
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX (R/W/T) 1DST 1TMK | 21 Active Roster, 4 Taxi (*), 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '07 | SB x3: 2018 League Champs!

QB - P Mahomes | D Prescott
RB - A Jones | A Ekeler | C Carson | R Mostert | G Edwards | P Lindsay | B Snell | A McFarland ®* | D Dallas ®* | R Penny+ | L Perine ®+ | J Jackson+
WR - D Hopkins | K Allen | K Golladay | An Brown | D Slayton | J Jeudy ® | D Mims ®* | L Shenault ®* | G Davis ®
TE - T Kelce | M Andrews
DST: Ravens, Packers | TMK: Raiders | 2021 - 3,3,4,4


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cameron Giles, CGW, jomaed, Paul717, Pet_Smith, Prison_Mike and 11 guests

DLF 2020 Cyber Week Sale