Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:51 am

I think the opportunity is there and it's a bit early to make a call on a 2nd-year player. People seem to forget that the transition from college to pro takes time not to mention going from a college playbook to an NFL playbook. He also moved his world from the West Coast to the East and was drafted by the Patriots. BB does things a bit differently. You invested in the player. Cam should be good for him. I think his outcome can be just as much a breakout as a bust. I would give this player 3 years to find out.
QB. R.Wilson, D.Prescott, A.Dalton

Rb. Zeke, T. Gurley, R. Freeman, D. Freeman, C. Edmonds, M. Brown, Mike Webber

WR. W. Fuller, C. Davis, S. Shepard, C. Kirk, R. Cobb, ARob, K. Bourne, N. Harry, A.Brown

TE. G. Kittle, D.Fells, L. Thomas

TheNuts
Starter
Starter

Postby TheNuts » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:51 am

Cam isn't a precise passer and hasn't made many receivers outside of Steve Smith fantasy relevant
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:57 am

I traded him and Kareem Hunt away for Michael Gallup. I know its early in his career but he has had more bad than good and id rather have the proven guy.

dvpkwys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dvpkwys » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:02 pm

Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry - No.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Murray/Brdy (Burrow)
Cook/Taylor (Gurley, Edmonds, Lindsay, Love, Mack)
Adams/Godwin/Allen/McLaurin (DJMoore, Boyd, Higgins, Gallup, GDavis, Cephus)
Hockenson (Engram, Gesiki)
Budda/Abram/Hilton/Davis (Elliot)
Warner/Cunningham/Bosa/Jaylon Smith (Wilson, Oluokun)

Sriracha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Sriracha » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:58 pm

TheNuts wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:51 am
Cam isn't a precise passer and hasn't made many receivers outside of Steve Smith fantasy relevant
Well... his best WRs have been Kelvin Benjamin (1000 yards as a rookie 8TDs) and Devin Funchess (840 yards 8TDs). :boohoo:

Ted Ginn went from total bust to valued rotational player with him, as well.

I wouldn't say Cam is a great passer.. but he's definitely not as bad as a lot of people want to make him out to be.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:03 pm

From DLF's Best Dynasty Buy article:
At an overall ADP of 81, Harry is a big buy for me. He was a beast at Arizona State and has all the physical tools to be successful, he just needs to get on the field and prove it. Harry is the future WR1 for the Patriots. – Dwight Peebles
I tend to agree. It's way too early to write off a high pick who battled injuries last year and plays on a team known for having one of the more complex offenses in the league.
2017 Champion - DLF Hall of Fame League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL
2019 Reg. Season Champ & Runner Up - DLF Premium League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:19 am

Led the team in targets and tied Edelman with the most receptions this week. Cam is a big upgrade over Brady for Harry, Brady relies a lot on chemistry and timing with his receivers which he just didn't have with Harry and didn't seem very interested in building it whereas Cam likes having those big guys to throw the ball up to and let them make a play. Cam made Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess look pretty good, and I think even the biggest Harry critics will mostly agree he's better than those guys. A true WR1 season is probably not going to happen for Harry, but I think he can absolutely be a quality weekly starter with WR1 upside on any given week in fantasy.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:27 am

It's a mixed bag 2 games into the season...from a metrics standpoint, you like to see Harry getting targets, which Cam appears to have no problem providing.

HOWEVER, it's really bizarre to me that Harry can't break a tackle, if I recall on some of his college highlights, Harry was used in a similar fashion...LOS throws and let him do the rest. Yet, there's no twitch, no making people miss and going down on first contact. Not sure I get what is going on.

I didn't watch much football this weekend but tuned in for NEP/SEA and Harry looked like bleep all game (issues mentioned above), but on that final drive, Cam peppered him and Harry delivered.

One big negative, at least to me, is how Cam is in the RZ. Almost seems like Harry won't ever have the opportunity to win 1v1 contested balls in the endzone as long as Cam continues to do his do down there.
Trucking Through The Fantasy Mud, One Year At a Time.

12-Man, 0.5PPR, Superflex, Start 9
2016 - Runner Up
2017 - Champion
2018 - Champion
2019 - lol

Mahomes, Stafford, Lock, Mariota, Tyrod
Dobbins, D. Williams, Mostert, Kerryon, B. Hill, Hines, Love, Laird, Perine NYJ
Hopkins, Allen, Thielen, Mims, Cooks, Fitz, Perriman, Ross
Kelce, Kittle

bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:35 am

When they are right on the goalline ya Cam is going to run it, because he's amazing at it. Was listening to Nick Wright the other day and he brought up an impressive stat, for his career Newton has 19 rushing attempts from inside the 2 and 17 of those attempts have resulted in a TD. At that rate that is clearly the right play call, but the play before that final play of the game that got them to the 1 was a 12 yard pass to Harry, so it's not like Cam isn't targeting him or using Harry there, his legs are just the better option within 5 yards. Harry will get his RZ looks when they aren't right on the goalline.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:36 pm

"oh, which rookie TE is this?" - thought I had before realizing that it was Harry running with the ball. That's not a good sign in my book but the targets and catches are nice.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:57 pm

Krypto_King wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:36 pm
"oh, which rookie TE is this?" - thought I had before realizing that it was Harry running with the ball. That's not a good sign in my book but the targets and catches are nice.
You might be onto something - a position switch wouldn't be shocking, especially on the Pats. Too bad there's absolutely nobody on that offense to throw to at either WR or TE besides Edelman right now.

It's somehow worse than last year, and might be the worst crop ever - and BB has fielded some ugly squads of receiving unknowns out there in the past that have worked out... somewhat. Maybe that happens here.
10 Team Dynasty PPR, TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 6 pt/pass TD, 1pt/25 yds pass, 1pt/5 carries, 1pt/10yds rush/rec
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX (R/W/T) 1DST 1TMK | 21 Active Roster, 4 Taxi (*), 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '07 | SB x3: 2018 League Champs!

QB - P Mahomes | D Prescott+ | T Bridgewater
RB - A Jones | C Carson | A Ekeler+ | R Mostert | P Lindsay | R Penny+ | J Hasty ® | G Edwards | A McFarland ®* | D Dallas ®*
WR - D Hopkins | K Golladay | K Allen | D Slayton | J Edelman | J Jeudy ® | L Shenault ®* | G Davis ® | D Mims ®*
TE - T Kelce | M Andrews | R Tonyan
DST: Ravens, Bucs | TMK: Colts | 2021 - 3,3,4,4

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:14 pm

DLF3000 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:57 pm
Krypto_King wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:36 pm
You might be onto something - a position switch wouldn't be shocking, especially on the Pats. Too bad there's absolutely nobody on that offense to throw to at either WR or TE besides Edelman right now.

It's somehow worse than last year, and might be the worst crop ever - and BB has fielded some ugly squads of receiving unknowns out there in the past that have worked out... somewhat. Maybe that happens here.
That was my thought process when they drafted him. He is essential an extremely athletic tight end. He will eventually be a serious TD monster and 1st machine. But it may not be this season.

I still have faith in Harry as a high end wr2
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Winston(TB)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)CDavis(TEN)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI HOU
[rookie] NHarry(NE)Haskins(WAS)
DSwift(DET)Ruggs(NV)Jefferson(MIN)

2 1sts - 2021's
Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players dont take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd year players that were drafted

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:53 pm

I believe in Harry for sure. I traded Raheem Mostert today for Harry and Darren Fells on a rebuilding dynasty roster. Fells was just fodder and another TE for insurance for Kittle. The roster listed below. I have a lot of work to do.
Last edited by osubuckeyeman on Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QB. R.Wilson, D.Prescott, A.Dalton

Rb. Zeke, T. Gurley, R. Freeman, D. Freeman, C. Edmonds, M. Brown, Mike Webber

WR. W. Fuller, C. Davis, S. Shepard, C. Kirk, R. Cobb, ARob, K. Bourne, N. Harry, A.Brown

TE. G. Kittle, D.Fells, L. Thomas

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 am

He looks slow and goes down on first contact every time. I'd be looking to move him off of my roster wherever I can.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 5.
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Sanders, Dobbins, Michel
WR: JuJu, Allen, Jefferson, Woods, Fuller
TE: Irv Smith, Doyle
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 4.
QB: Jackson, Allen, Winston
RB: CEH, Akers
WR: Beckham, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams, Edwards
TE: Hooper, Thomas, Herndon
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr3.
QB: Jackson, Wilson, Brady
RB: Singletary, Lindsay, Michel, Ingram
WR: Adams, Diggs, Lockett, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Waller, Higbee
2020: 4.11, 5.03, 5.11

Patsfan86
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 pm

koalabear wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 am
He looks slow and goes down on first contact every time. I'd be looking to move him off of my roster wherever I can.
I just acquired him and while i agree with parts of what you are saying i think we also have to acknowledge he is only getting better and has room to grow. I think he is gaining confidence and Cam is SOOOOOOOO much better for him than Brady when it comes to the confidence piece. Once the confidence is fully there i think we start to see what we saw out of him in college. I think he has only played in 11 NFL games at this point and its all been a weird situation for him due to injury his rookie year, Brady, Covid offseason, then Cam, so he deserves some time and again this year he has already looked better than last season. Arrow is pointing up imo not down. I mean he took a brutal hit early in the game last week and went on to have his best game as a Pat, that shows a toughness to me that just wasnt there before. We shall see.