Does Anyone Still Believe: N'Keal Harry Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 am

Exactly. Brady will likely only support Edelman and James White.

If anything, Harry will likely be better if Brady moves on.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:52 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 pm The thought popped into my head today that Harry coming out of college was a lot like DJ Moore. Both had exceptional resumes on paper, both were said to have "problems with separation and route running" that I personally thought were overblown. DJ Moore obviously had a better rookie campaign but I just thought it was an interesting observation?
No pile on intended, but no, not at all.

The sense coming out was that:

Harry was a huge, hyper refined, big target guy that scored plenty of touchdowns, as one guy mentioned on a podcast, he had a game where he caught something like 9-100 from 9 different route combinations/allignments (I don't know how to express this as well as he did, but basically he had an insane route inventory and could be used literally anywhere at Arizona State). He was not a hyper athletic guy, not quick twitch explosive, not super fast, he's just solid w/regards to that stuff.

DJ Moore was a megafreak athlete, with very good production #'s w/a horrific team, who tested through the roof at the combine, and had the numbers, despite the awful offense.

I don't recall Harry having any issues at all with route running, he ran a billion routes, was basically the ultimate swiss army knife for their offense, the kind of anti-DK Metcalf.

Moore had no issues with separation, I do admit to having no memory about the route running thing, but generally I ignore that stuff anyway.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:21 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:52 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 pm The thought popped into my head today that Harry coming out of college was a lot like DJ Moore. Both had exceptional resumes on paper, both were said to have "problems with separation and route running" that I personally thought were overblown. DJ Moore obviously had a better rookie campaign but I just thought it was an interesting observation?
No pile on intended, but no, not at all.

The sense coming out was that:

Harry was a huge, hyper refined, big target guy that scored plenty of touchdowns, as one guy mentioned on a podcast, he had a game where he caught something like 9-100 from 9 different route combinations/allignments (I don't know how to express this as well as he did, but basically he had an insane route inventory and could be used literally anywhere at Arizona State). He was not a hyper athletic guy, not quick twitch explosive, not super fast, he's just solid w/regards to that stuff.

DJ Moore was a megafreak athlete, with very good production #'s w/a horrific team, who tested through the roof at the combine, and had the numbers, despite the awful offense.

I don't recall Harry having any issues at all with route running, he ran a billion routes, was basically the ultimate swiss army knife for their offense, the kind of anti-DK Metcalf.

Moore had no issues with separation, I do admit to having no memory about the route running thing, but generally I ignore that stuff anyway.
Sorry, didn't mean to make this a big "thing." I remember reading articles/tweets about how DJ Moore didn't get the separation that his combine numbers suggested, also there were people on here complaining about his separation as well. I know for a fact that was the case. Now maybe it was just a vocal minority. As with a lot of things, when players turn out to be successful, all of a sudden the naysayers go away. When a player turns into a bust, suddenly everyone knew he sucked.

I stand by my original comment that they are similar in regards to testing better than their supposed separation in college (nobody, including myself, thought Harry was a 4.53 guy), both 1st round draft capital and both exceptional paper resumes. People can say what they want about Harry and his separation issues but I saw him underthrown on nearly every ball in college. He'd have a few steps on his man and it turned into a contested catch because it was underthrown.

Anyways, i'm not trying to argue with anyone because I know what the narratives were at the time, I don't need people to rewrite history for me. I just thought it was a not-so-obvious comp that seemed obvious once I thought of it. Apparently everyone knew DJM was OBJ coming out of college, I must have missed that memo.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:46 pm

This particular scouting report was the closest one to how I viewed this player.

My take is he was/is a substandard route runner. At the NFL level if you struggle against press and lack an explosive burst it is almost impossible to separate enough to be a good route runner at the NFL level due to the vastly superior competition faced weekly.

Harry could develop and perhaps become an Alshon Jeffery who is his body double but with smaller hands.

Due to his lack of explosiveness on tape I avoided this player in all drafts.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/nkeal-harry
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:24 pm

mild wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:03 pm My pre-draft ranks were DK 1, AJB 2, Hakeem 3, Harry 4, and Hollywood 5

I got DK at 1.04, AJB at 2.02, and traded back in as Hakeem free-fell into the mid-3rd. I feel good about having all three of those guys... I've been saying it all offseason, but Hakeem is a fantastic free dice roll right now. He's still freakishly athletic and his finger injury won't have stopped him from running and refining routes and training.

I'm hoping he turns up to training absolutely jacked up and ready to roll. Kyler could definitely use a big dude who loves running deep.
I'd have to dig up stuff, but looking back, I had
Tier 1:
1. Harry (drafted 4 shares, traded for 1)
2. Brown (drafted 8 shares dynasty, and an additional 2 in RSO and Keeper leagues)

Tier 2:
3. Isabella (drafted in 1 league, picked up off waiver wire in another 2)
4. Metcalf (zero shares :( )
5 Deebo (drafted in 1 league, picked up off waiver wire in another, but traded him back to original owner as the cut was accidental (didn't get enough, but didn't want to squeeze him for more value than the worth of the 150 bidding bucks I lost in getting Deebo-regret it to a degree, but also don't want bad blood over stuff like that, and hopefully he'll be a good trade partner in the future considering I did him a solid that I didn't have to).

Tier 3:
6. Arcega-Whiteside (o shares)
7. H. Butler (drafted 2 shares)

Tier 4:
8. D. Johnson (drafted 1 share, traded for another)
9. P. Campbell (picked up one share off waivers)
10. M. Brown (0 shares)

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Do we believe in Harry if they have a gunslinger at QB now that the GOAT is gone?

I was never sold, and was of the same opinion as Phaded.

Traded for him anyways hoping for a good buy low to pan out.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

kvothe34
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kvothe34 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:47 am

I actually tend to think this is good for his value. Harry didn't seem to fit very well into their old system and Brady had a hard time trusting younger receivers. A new QB to grow with that has a different play style could be exactly what he needs.
Team 1 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Rivers
RB: Mixon, Guice, Duke J, McCoy
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Allen, Hilton, AJ Brown, Crowder, Diontae, Johnson, Sanders
TE: Andrews, Davis

Team 2 .75 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 Def)
QB: Garappolo, Flacco
RB: Kamara, Edwards, Pollard
WR: Ridley, Kirk, Pettis, Cambell, Whiteside
TE: Ertz, Davis

Team 3 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex)
QB: Wilson, Cousins
RB: Cook, Mack, Cohen, Ingram, David Johnson, Bernard, Hill, Smallwood
WR: Allen, Diggs, Hilton, Woods, Jeffrey, Crowder, Harry
TE: Ertz, Olsen, Davis

Team 4 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex)
QB: Ryan, Cousins, Flacco
RB: Cook, Cohen, Johnson, Ingram
WR: Evans, Cooper, Diggs, Woods, Jeffrey, Jones
TE: Ertz, Thomas

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:43 am

kvothe34 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:47 am I actually tend to think this is good for his value. Harry didn't seem to fit very well into their old system and Brady had a hard time trusting younger receivers. A new QB to grow with that has a different play style could be exactly what he needs.
My thoughts as well. BRING IN CRAB LEGS!!

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:19 pm

Jameis would make Harry an Alshon Jeffrey clone out of the gate this season. 50/50 balls galore.

I think Brady leaving helps Harry.

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
K-Tyler Bass

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:21 pm Do we believe in Harry if they have a gunslinger at QB now that the GOAT is gone?

I was never sold, and was of the same opinion as Phaded.

Traded for him anyways hoping for a good buy low to pan out.
Doesn't really fit what BB has traditionally looked for in QBs.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:37 pm

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:06 pm

Hope he's working on his release and route running. Maybe dropping 8-10 lbs

K-Tyler Bass

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:09 pm

N'keal is a great buy low, along with Parris Campbell

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:46 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:24 pm
mild wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:03 pm My pre-draft ranks were DK 1, AJB 2, Hakeem 3, Harry 4, and Hollywood 5

I got DK at 1.04, AJB at 2.02, and traded back in as Hakeem free-fell into the mid-3rd. I feel good about having all three of those guys... I've been saying it all offseason, but Hakeem is a fantastic free dice roll right now. He's still freakishly athletic and his finger injury won't have stopped him from running and refining routes and training.

I'm hoping he turns up to training absolutely jacked up and ready to roll. Kyler could definitely use a big dude who loves running deep.
I'd have to dig up stuff, but looking back, I had
Tier 1:
1. Harry (drafted 4 shares, traded for 1)
2. Brown (drafted 8 shares dynasty, and an additional 2 in RSO and Keeper leagues)

Tier 2:
3. Isabella (drafted in 1 league, picked up off waiver wire in another 2)
4. Metcalf (zero shares :( )
5 Deebo (drafted in 1 league, picked up off waiver wire in another, but traded him back to original owner as the cut was accidental (didn't get enough, but didn't want to squeeze him for more value than the worth of the 150 bidding bucks I lost in getting Deebo-regret it to a degree, but also don't want bad blood over stuff like that, and hopefully he'll be a good trade partner in the future considering I did him a solid that I didn't have to).

Tier 3:
6. Arcega-Whiteside (o shares)
7. H. Butler (drafted 2 shares)

Tier 4:
8. D. Johnson (drafted 1 share, traded for another)
9. P. Campbell (picked up one share off waivers)
10. M. Brown (0 shares)
where's d. slayton?

he is my favourite type of rookie wr. you don't have to draft him, you just wait until impatient owners drop him then claim him off waivers. i picked him up in 3 different leagues in week 6. not sure what happened for him to be dropped in the same week in those leagues but i swooped in and enjoyed the fruits of his labour for the rest of the season.

Wannabe Analyst
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Wannabe Analyst » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:14 am

I like him more for the long-run now that Brady is gone. People will obviously criticize me for saying that, but Brady has proven, over time, that he loves throwing to his slot WRs and running backs. Sure, he's had other options, such as Moss and Gronk, but guys like Welker, Edelman, Amendola, James White, and others over the years have dominated targets and receptions.

With him gone, I think the needle will be pointing upwards for guys like Harry, especially if the Pats continue to have great coaching and gameplans. But we'll see about all of that.

If you have Harry, I don't think you can sell him high right now, but if you don't have him, maybe you can buy him cheap. I would recommend you all doing that, to be honest.