Does Anyone Still Believe: N'Keal Harry Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby RCS » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:35 am

He was and still is my 1.01 from last years draft. I will go down with the ship on that one, I could see a Sutton type jump from him this year. Granted I know Sutton had a better rookie season but I could totally see 1000+ yards and 6-7 TDs from him this year.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:15 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:42 am
ascherb wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:22 pm I love these threads with everyone now saying “I personally didn’t have Harry 1.01 last year... I liked AJB, Deebo and Sanders.”

Lol!

I distinctly remember that many many people had Harry 1.01.

I did.

I guess I’m less excited now, but he’s a hold because no one is giving up anything for him.
He was definitely my 1st ranked WR also
My #1 WR and #3 overall player last year, big Oof

Luckily I never had a pick that high (:

Saying that if I did own him I wouldnt sell for a second but I also wouldn't pay a first for him when I could potentially get Scary Terry or Gallup for that same value or a little more

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:33 am

The offense was a mess. All season I was wondering why Jacobi Meyers wasn't getting more time. He was always open and caught everything.
Does McDaniels leave? If so, it's not gonna get better...

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:40 am

Lumps wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:33 am The offense was a mess. All season I was wondering why Jacobi Meyers wasn't getting more time. He was always open and caught everything.
Does McDaniels leave? If so, it's not gonna get better...
Where would McDaniels go? All the HC jobs are filled, and he's not leaving for an OC job elsewhere, all of which are also filled I believe.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:02 am

ascherb wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:22 pm I love these threads with everyone now saying “I personally didn’t have Harry 1.01 last year... I liked AJB, Deebo and Sanders.”

Lol!

I did.

I guess I’m less excited now, but he’s a hold because no one is giving up anything for him.
I haven't said that, but I did have AJB as my WR1. There were plenty of people who weren't on board with Harry being 1.01.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:12 am

I think it's a little silly to write someone off after a quarter of a rookie season. You put a rookie in the game, late in season on a struggling offense and he gets killed for not tearing it up.

If Brady is back, and nkeal has a whole other offseason to work and get comfortable with him, he could have a solid 2nd year.

everyone is so impatient now, your calling a guy a bust after 6 games. Will he ever be a #1 wr? probably not, i dont think thats his skillset. But if he gets more comfortable and takes advantage of his matchups, dont be surprised if ends up being a WR2 next year

If i had him, i'd be holding, unless you can find a pats fan thats willing to give up an early-mid 1st. otherwise i think your odds of finding a guy in the 2nd round with the same upside is pretty low
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:28 am

MrUbuto wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:19 pm got thrown in the 7 games and only had 25 targets.
that's what happens when you don't get separation!

jokes aside, i don't see him becoming a dominant WR, but he can certainly earn a role. i like the poor man's dez comparison.

Lol!
he dropped to my 1.07 in one of my leagues last season. i traded out of 1.07, picked deebo at 1.09. i had deebo, the browns and DK over him. :D

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:02 am

Lol!

I did.

I haven't said that, but I did have AJB as my WR1. There were plenty of people who weren't on board with Harry being 1.01.
I think he's referencing my post. The truth is not everyone had the same rankings, and we should probably all be more willing to plant our flags outside of the consensus.

So I'm not just tooting my own horn, I also had Arcega-Whiteside neck-in-neck with AJ Brown. Yeesh.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:42 am

Lol!

I did.
He was definitely my 1st ranked WR also
I went back and checked my posts for the receipts... and I felt bad :lol:

I had DK above N'Keal pre-combine and post, but that's it. I was pretty high on N'Keal pre-draft for sure. I feel like the bust narratives only really took hold after that "N'Keal Harry will bust" thread got started, at least, that's when I really took notice of the seperation factor for the first time...

I also had Hakeem "the dream" Butler at #3 :lol:

Funny reading that back again and seeing how hyped we all were on the man - and I definitely contributed more than my share to that. A good reminder that the man is not dead, and is still going to get the chance to earn the trust of Kyler Murray - one of the best young passing QB's in the league. Can't lie... I got excited again watching the tape... :lol:

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:42 pm

mild wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:30 pm I also had Hakeem "the dream"
formerly known as the one man gang!

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Blueboy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:40 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:02 am

Lol!

I did.

I think he's referencing my post. The truth is not everyone had the same rankings, and we should probably all be more willing to plant our flags outside of the consensus.

So I'm not just tooting my own horn, I also had Arcega-Whiteside neck-in-neck with AJ Brown. Yeesh.
(not a reply to Blueboy just my thoughts)

That needs to be said more & more frequently. I personally drafted a couple of Harry shares but he was not my 1.01 and all one needs to do is go to the DLF HOF thread as proof to see who I took as my 1.01. 8-)

For example I am pleased someone posted a thread about Dobbins as the 1.01 rather than say Jeudy or Swift or Taylor. Maybe more people should have ignored the masses and taken Michael Thomas at 1.01 in 2016. And while it did not pan out, there were owners who were brave enough to take White ahead of Gurley & Cooper back in 2015.

However that does NOT mean N'Keal Harry should be dismissed either. There is a big difference between saying someone other than Harry was an owners 1.01 and that Harry is not a good prospect either.

In the end it takes multiple things for a player to have success year 1 such as health, opportunity, fit, talent & luck. Unfortunately luck & health did not play out for Harry Y1. Now it is up to each owner to determine if they saw enough from Harry Year 1 to keep believing.

But basically, imho, if you believed in Harry then, you should believe in him now. If you own a Harry share and are not as firm in your belief, then you should only sell for a similar level talent or similar odd value. I believe someone mentioned regretting missing out on a 2nd for a guy like a White, Treadwell, Coleman or such. Well the odds of success drop the further you go into a rookie draft, and basically the odds of finding a player with say a late 2nd having success are not greater than staying pat with Harry. That is discussed pretty thoroughly in DDs thread about 1st round WRs and their success rates.

Not saying Harry will be a success story, just that his chances remain greater than a random player taken in any 2nd from a rookie draft. If an owner does see a player they like/believe in in the 2nd during the 2020 draft and want to swap Harry for that player, I certainly respect that choice - but make sure you have a target in mind, and not just a random dart throw. Otherwise, as seen recently, eventually the odds will reward you & you will get the production - as seen this year with Parker & Williams.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:30 pm

It’s difficult because his analytics profile is freaking elite, but tbh I was never a fan of his film and really wasn’t a believer. I have shares so I hope he turns it around, but when I was watching man it looked bad. My concerns about his hands seemed amplified twentyfold in the league. Tough to be a contested catch player if you can’t catch the ball
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:15 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:30 pm It’s difficult because his analytics profile is freaking elite, but tbh I was never a fan of his film and really wasn’t a believer. I have shares so I hope he turns it around, but when I was watching man it looked bad. My concerns about his hands seemed amplified twentyfold in the league. Tough to be a contested catch player if you can’t catch the ball
I agree. I did not let his profile cloud my vision. Great for college, but he isn't fluid, and and I just got a vibe that he was a good college player that would not translate well to the NFL. Could be wrong, but man, he's so limited in his skill set. People were knocking DK, but he always looked better and I felt like at least the few thing he did really well, would translate, and so far, it has. Harry suffered an injury, which really stunted his potential development, but I always felt like based on film, DK and Harry should have had the opposite draft positions. A lot of people thought DK might go top 10 after his combine, and if he had, right now it wouldn't look like a bad pick. Harry just never really could separate in the PAC, despite those metrics, and that always concerned me that he wasn't really going to be a really good to great football player.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:28 am

Rewind back 1 year and you’ll see the same conversations about Courtland Sutton.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:32 am

Lol!

I did.

I had AJB and Deebo ver him. Had 1.1,1.3, and 1.4. Took AJB at 1.1, then Deebo at 1.3, then tried trading out of 1.4 and no one bit so i took harry, then traded him away for a couple young players and picks. I had legit concerns about harry. Had Hollywood over him as well and acquired him later. If i thought that I could not have traded harry away I would not have drafted him. However, I had Harry over Metcalf and did not have metcalf in my overall top 10. Misssed on him