Does Anyone Still Believe: N'Keal Harry Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: N'Keal Harry will bust

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:28 am

thebeast wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:11 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 am I remember when we all thought (including myself) Harry would produce this season. No way thats happening now. Im excited to see him play but i have to admit Jakobi Meyers looks really good out there and he needs to be looked at as a guy who may effect Harrys value. Guy has made some nice catches and does the little things like block that Belichick and Brady love. He had a nice block on a guy that allowed Edelman to get a first down. We havent seen Harry play so this really isnt fair but i could def see a scenario where Jakobi becomes Brady and Bradys replacements favorite Wr. It will be interesting to see. If Jakobi is Edelman and Harry is Gronk than we all win.
I remember this guy name Kembrell Thompkins, Brady makes everyone including udfa's look good. I would sell high on Meyers if you own him, he's unlikely to become anyone's favorite target for any length of time.
Nope, there are a bunch of differences, Jakobi is a better rookie. I have watched both over the years. Kenbrell dropped a ton of passes that would drive brady nuts, the guys nickname was Dropkins :lol: :lol: :lol: Kenbrell wasnt where he needed to be half the time which also drove brady nuts. Kenbrell was also playing with prime Brady who was indeed making everyone look great.

Have you watched recent Pats games? That prime Brady is long gone. He is still good but he is not the same at all, he misses guys now he would have never missed back in those years. Throws picks more often, looks shaken more often, etc Its what happens when you are 42. Jakobi doesnt drop passes, he is where brady wants him to be, he even blocks. The comparison between him and Thompkins isnt even close. Could Jakobi be closer to Amendola than Edelman, or turn into nothing at all? Of course but he is better than Kenbrell Thompkins

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:39 pm

I agree that Meyers cannot be compared to Thompkins, very different players, and even situations.

Right now - Dorsett is the deep threat, Edelman is the slot guy, and Meyers is the possession big body.
Adding Sanu into the mix, it's extremely hard to see Harry carving out a role for himself this year when he comes back. I mean, Meyers was already beating out Harry in the off-season and BB has never been shy about playing the player who is the best fit while ignoring draft capital. I would think that the role that Meyers has is the one that is best suited to Harry's skill set, maybe the slot but he will not be usurping Edelman.

These Patriots seem far more desperate to add supporting talent to Brady than they have in the past. Harry as a first rounder in the NFL was a reach, and now they just coughed up a second rounder for Sanu. It's crazy to see the Patriots managing their team like this, it is quite uncharacteristic.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:54 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:39 pm I agree that Meyers cannot be compared to Thompkins, very different players, and even situations.

Right now - Dorsett is the deep threat, Edelman is the slot guy, and Meyers is the possession big body.
Adding Sanu into the mix, it's extremely hard to see Harry carving out a role for himself this year when he comes back. I mean, Meyers was already beating out Harry in the off-season and BB has never been shy about playing the player who is the best fit while ignoring draft capital. I would think that the role that Meyers has is the one that is best suited to Harry's skill set, maybe the slot but he will not be usurping Edelman.

These Patriots seem far more desperate to add supporting talent to Brady than they have in the past. Harry as a first rounder in the NFL was a reach, and now they just coughed up a second rounder for Sanu. It's crazy to see the Patriots managing their team like this, it is quite uncharacteristic.
They know their window with Brady is closing Josh.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:21 am

lic217 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:54 pm
Phaded wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:39 pm I agree that Meyers cannot be compared to Thompkins, very different players, and even situations.

They know their window with Brady is closing Josh.
This and Brady isn't the same guy talent wise he was 10 years ago. No one is immune to the age monster. The insanely good playcalls by the Patriots still get mediocre players wide open, but as Brady ages, they will need to get more guys that can do that on their own. I think the Sanu move is just a reflection of their desperation atm, and signals no Harry this year since the Pats don't need Sanu for the reg season obviously.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:12 am

This is such a tired take.

Since 2015 brady has been 3rd 5th injured 9th and currently 5th in passing yards.

We all want him to decline and it would make sense he would it's just not factual
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:32 am

MrUbuto wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:12 am This is such a tired take.

Since 2015 brady has been 3rd 5th injured 9th and currently 5th in passing yards.

We all want him to decline and it would make sense he would it's just not factual
Yards dont tell the full story tho. I am a HUGE Pats fan and worship Brady but he isnt the same, he just isnt. Not when i watch him play. This is only the last two seasons though, he was still phenomenal in 2017. Last year there was a definite decline, and the yards show that since he went from 5th to 9th. And this season he is 5th but there is still a long way to go. Brady is still a winner and will win games which is all he cares about but there has been a drop off when i watch him play and there arent any numbers that will convince me otherwise.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:44 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:32 am

Yards dont tell the full story tho. I am a HUGE Pats fan and worship Brady but he isnt the same, he just isnt. Not when i watch him play. This is only the last two seasons though, he was still phenomenal in 2017. Last year there was a definite decline, and the yards show that since he went from 5th to 9th. And this season he is 5th but there is still a long way to go. Brady is still a winner and will win games which is all he cares about but there has been a drop off when i watch him play and there arent any numbers that will convince me otherwise.
Well when a dump off or check down goes for 20+ years that helps lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:33 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:44 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:32 am

Well when a dump off or check down goes for 20+ years that helps lol
This 1000%. Put him on Green Bay, with receivers that get zero separation, and less pass protection, and watch him get slaughtered. Guy is a statue, and even if he gets a lot of yards we know a lot go to backs and he always has spread it around a lot. Haven't had consistent high production since Welker.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:21 am

This is absolutely true. Watching him he misses throws now that he would have made every time 5 years ago. He is aging, but he still is able to read the game with the best of them. There is no1 who thinks the Brady Era won't end.

I expected Harry to play this year, but it doesn't bother me if he doesn't. He will get his opportunity.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:33 am

Anyone who says "Brady is a statute" is a clueless imbecile.

While Brady is obviously terribly IMOBILE, he has incredible pocket awareness and the ability to shift around in the pocket and buy an extra second or so. He's probably one of the best if not the best at this EVER.

Brady is also working with a woeful WR corps and the worst o-line in years. Those two factors have had more to do with his less than stellar numbers than his age.

Oh, and Brady was missing guys 5 and 10 years ago as well. He has never been a great passer who hits everyone and everything the way Peyton or Rodgers did/do. His deep ball has always been terrible. While hs mid range throes have generally been excellent.

Brady is great at finding weaknesses in defenses and capitalizing on them.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:12 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:33 am Anyone who says "Brady is a statute" is a clueless imbecile.
:think:

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:28 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:33 am Anyone who says "Brady is a statute" is a clueless imbecile.

While Brady is obviously terribly IMOBILE, he has incredible pocket awareness and the ability to shift around in the pocket and buy an extra second or so. He's probably one of the best if not the best at this EVER.

Brady is also working with a woeful WR corps and the worst o-line in years. Those two factors have had more to do with his less than stellar numbers than his age.

Oh, and Brady was missing guys 5 and 10 years ago as well. He has never been a great passer who hits everyone and everything the way Peyton or Rodgers did/do. His deep ball has always been terrible. While hs mid range throes have generally been excellent.

Brady is great at finding weaknesses in defenses and capitalizing on them.
Thank you. The only difference between ow and "back then" is talent.

Wes Walker was much better than Edelman a d then of course those moss years. Having a healthy gronk and a law abiding Hernandez was great too.

Brady has not significantly declined he just always has to work with scrubs minus a few rare blips.

Having a true first round talent like harry should REALLY excite brady/Pat's fans.

He'll put up at least 1 monster game to get everyone salivating all off season
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:05 pm

I think "true first round talent" is a stretch, most places had him as a day two pick and he was a very late first, albeit still a reach. It was a desperation pick, much like the desperation Sanu trade.

That said, Brady's physical talent is not where it was - not even close. However, his continued success comes from his understanding of the game and general football intelligence - which I believe is more important than physical talent anyhow.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:13 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:05 pm I think "true first round talent" is a stretch, most places had him as a day two pick and he was a very late first, albeit still a reach. It was a desperation pick, much like the desperation Sanu trade.

That said, Brady's physical talent is not where it was - not even close. However, his continued success comes from his understanding of the game and general football intelligence - which I believe is more important than physical talent anyhow.
especially at QB

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:05 pm I think "true first round talent" is a stretch, most places had him as a day two pick and he was a very late first, albeit still a reach. It was a desperation pick, much like the desperation Sanu trade.

Ok well for fantasy purposes that's irrelevant, he could have 1 leg for all I care as long as he was consistently putting up high QB1 numbers

How can his physical talents have faded. I really don't remember those days when Brady was a track star out there. He's been this highly efficient game manager from day 1.

Didn't we learn a few years ago his 40 time is actually the best it's ever been right now too?

And last point the patriots defense has been there best offense. They are often up 3 scores at the half. Why would they unleash an air attack? Brady can just hand off all game and they will still win and he doesn't risk injury. If the patriots offense never took a single snap the patriots would still be 3-3-1
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021