Possible 2020 Start-Up Dynasty ADPs (including 2020 rookies)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
davieglove34
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Possible 2020 Start-Up Dynasty ADPs (including 2020 rookies)

Postby davieglove34 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:55 am

mild wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 am Judging by your post count, it seems like you could be new-ish here... you're doing great work, but you should relax! There is a report coming from one of our valued forum members (cmizelle) that will contain this exact ADP data that you seek. :)

We're all looking forward to it, as there's been quite a lot of movement in the last few months... it's always an informative read. 8-)
Thanks for the info! You would be correct about me being new. My league just finished our first full year in a dynasty format and this past season was my first year using DLF. My leaguemates seem to be SEVERELY overrating this year's rookie class, so I guess it subconsciously has somewhat jaded my rankings as well. For example, in order to trade up from 1.08 to 1.04, it would've costed me Mike Evans, Terry McLaurin, AND Le'Veon Bell! Needless to say, that would absolutely NEVER happen.
2023 Champion
10-Team, .5-PPR, 1-QB

QB: Josh Allen / Geno Smith

RB: Austin Ekeler / Saquon Barkley / Joe Mixon / Kareem Hunt / Leonard Fournette / D’Onta Foreman

WR: Tyreek Hill / Justin Jefferson / Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Jaxon Smith-Njigba / Odell Beckham Jr. / Demarcus Robinson / Darius Slayton

TE: George Kittle / Taysom Hill / Noah Fant

D/ST: 49ers

K: Tyler Bass

IR: Kendrick Bourne

Taxi: Zamir White / Cedric Tillman / Sean Tucker

Draft Picks:
2024:
2025:
2026: 1st / 3rd / 3rd

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:01 pm

davieglove34 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:55 am
mild wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:41 am Judging by your post count, it seems like you could be new-ish here... you're doing great work, but you should relax! There is a report coming from one of our valued forum members (cmizelle) that will contain this exact ADP data that you seek. :)

We're all looking forward to it, as there's been quite a lot of movement in the last few months... it's always an informative read. 8-)
Thanks for the info! You would be correct about me being new. My league just finished our first full year in a dynasty format and this past season was my first year using DLF. My leaguemates seem to be SEVERELY overrating this year's rookie class, so I guess it subconsciously has somewhat jaded my rankings as well. For example, in order to trade up from 1.08 to 1.04, it would've costed me Mike Evans, Terry McLaurin, AND Le'Veon Bell! Needless to say, that would absolutely NEVER happen.
If that is the case then I would pivot and be trading my picks away. Sounds like you can get a haul for 1st round picks.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:12 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:01 pm
davieglove34 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:55 am Thanks for the info! You would be correct about me being new. My league just finished our first full year in a dynasty format and this past season was my first year using DLF. My leaguemates seem to be SEVERELY overrating this year's rookie class, so I guess it subconsciously has somewhat jaded my rankings as well. For example, in order to trade up from 1.08 to 1.04, it would've costed me Mike Evans, Terry McLaurin, AND Le'Veon Bell! Needless to say, that would absolutely NEVER happen.
If that is the case then I would pivot and be trading my picks away. Sounds like you can get a haul for 1st round picks.
WOAH. What he just said! You should do yourself a favour and subscribe to our parent website here, just for the Trade Calculator alone. If you're going to do Dynasty in any sense seriously (and judging by your first post, I'd say you are) then you'll find the 20-30 bucks or whatever the sub costs you will literally pay for itself just for the Trade Calculator access. To say nothing of everything else they offer, article wise... I just started playing in my first dynasty league 2 years ago - initiated an immediate soft-rebuild with an eye toward this 2019 season just been - and took my first championship a few weeks ago. All these resources, including this forum, were a big help.

http://apps.dynastyleaguefootball.com/tradeanalyzer/
If you checked the calculator for example, you would see that Mike Evans alone should command the 1.01 + the 1.10.

I say go grab AJ Brown and Juju with your picks and profit majorly! Hahaha

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:11 pm

davieglove34 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:55 am My league just finished our first full year in a dynasty format and this past season was my first year using DLF.

For example, in order to trade up from 1.08 to 1.04, it would've costed me Mike Evans, Terry McLaurin, AND Le'Veon Bell!
After a few years your league will learn why existing players go high, its because they are fairly known on what their production will be. Even the best drafts have like a 50% hit rate. For every star you get there are plenty of players you wish you didn't draft or at least you wished you drafted them lower in your rookie draft (Penny, Sony, Freeman, Guice, KJ, Monty, Henderson, Harry, Coleman, Ross, Davis, Butler) and many many more.

If your league is valuing picks like high end players, best to take advantage of that because you league mentality will adjust later. After your league mates have a couple of trades that they give up players like Evans, McLaurn, and Bell for say Swift and swift lands on Bucs only to find out he can't beat out Jones to be the starter, their thinking will change quick. Happens all the time.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:05 pm

Straycatz2 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:11 pm ... that they give up players like Evans, McLaurn, and Bell for say Swift and Swift lands on Bucs only to find out he can't beat out Jones to be the starter, their thinking will change quick. Happens all the time.
And the winner for "hypothetical that made me the most sad today" goes to...

Big lols to anyone that thinks Rojo could hold off Swift though :twisted:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:31 pm

davieglove34 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:55 am

This is one of the most ludicrous offers I've ever heard. It belongs in the bad trade offer thread. I think he's either ignorant, or thinking you are a moron.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:12 pm

Thanks for going out on a limb and putting this together. I enjoy seeing the speculation of rookies vs the current NFL.

My take is that there are way too many rookies, as stated several times. It may be that way, but historically hasn't been. I've already taken advantage of that same sentiment this off-season, trading picks for proven quality players.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:02 pm

Rookie fever.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:36 am

mild wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:05 pm
Straycatz2 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:11 pm ... that they give up players like Evans, McLaurn, and Bell for say Swift and Swift lands on Bucs only to find out he can't beat out Jones to be the starter, their thinking will change quick. Happens all the time.

Who's holding Hakeem Butler back though? Sorry I had to :lol:

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:07 am

Straycatz2 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:11 pm
If your league is valuing picks like high end players, best to take advantage of that because you league mentality will adjust later. After your league mates have a couple of trades that they give up players like Evans, McLaurn, and Bell for say Swift and swift lands on Bucs only to find out he can't beat out Jones to be the starter, their thinking will change quick. Happens all the time.
This is basically what happened in my league when we had our 1st rookie draft. Our league is a bunch of old college friends and none of us had played Dynasty FF at the time. One guy traded Julio Jones for Laquon Treadwell (before his rookie season started) + Matt Jones + a future 2nd. We remind him constantly of that trade.

davieglove34
Role Player
Role Player

Postby davieglove34 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:57 am

IBall2 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:07 am
Straycatz2 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:11 pm
This is basically what happened in my league when we had our 1st rookie draft. Our league is a bunch of old college friends and none of us had played Dynasty FF at the time. One guy traded Julio Jones for Laquon Treadwell (before his rookie season started) + Matt Jones + a future 2nd. We remind him constantly of that trade.
The same guy who wants Mike Evans + Le’veon + McLaurin for 2020 1.04 also traded away Devante Adams for Rashaad Penny + a 2020 1st & 2nd. So I don’t really know how he’s evaluating values.
2023 Champion
10-Team, .5-PPR, 1-QB

RB: Austin Ekeler / Saquon Barkley / Joe Mixon / Kareem Hunt / Leonard Fournette / D’Onta Foreman

WR: Tyreek Hill / Justin Jefferson / Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Jaxon Smith-Njigba / Odell Beckham Jr. / Demarcus Robinson / Darius Slayton

Draft Picks:
2024:
2025:

davieglove34
Role Player
Role Player

Postby davieglove34 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:05 am

So I went back and calculated the ADP for rookies in dynasty start-up drafts over the last 5 years, and here were the results:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 11.04.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 11.04.21 AM.png (33.11 KiB) Viewed 321 times
2023 Champion
10-Team, .5-PPR, 1-QB

Draft Picks:
2024:
2025:

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:21 am

davieglove34 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:05 am So I went back and calculated the ADP for rookies in dynasty start-up drafts over the last 5 years, and here were the results:
That makes sense and seems very close to the rough values that the picks get assigned in my leagues. the 1.1 obviously having some massive variance between say Jacobs or LF/CD and Zeke or Bark

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:04 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:36 am
mild wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:05 pm

Who's holding Hakeem Butler back though? Sorry I had to :lol:
Haaahahaha. We're still "Grade Pending" on Hakeem the Dream. Lets let him try see the field first... the only thing holding him back so far is awful awful luck.

He's not dead yet, I promise.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:42 pm

mild wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:05 pm Big lols to anyone that thinks Rojo could hold off Swift though :twisted:
I know it sounds crazy but I'm sure that's what the owners of royce Freeman, Penny, and Jones thought when they got drafted.