Any love for Love?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Any love for Love?

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:09 pm

He looks like any other RB lottery ticket at this point.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:25 pm

I'm taking him above just a about every other RB lottery ticket, but he is exactly that.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:27 pm

I mean yeah I’d pick him up off waivers if I had space but I’m not gonna go outta my way to get him

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:09 am

IMO he's the best lotto tickets you can get at RB.

Cost
- He's relatively cheap in cost to acquire.

History
- In most 2017 rookie draft forecasts, Love was basically a locked in top 3 rookie draft pick until he decided to go back for his (injury riddled) 2018 senior season.
- At Stanford, Love only fell under 7.1 ypc in his senior season, every other yr he hit 7.1 ypc or above.
- Love put up 2118 rushing yards in his junior yr - more than CMC ever did at Stanford.
- He won the Doak Walker Award, the Lombardi Award, was a unanimous first team All American, the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year, and was the runner-up for the 2017 Heisman Trophy.
- There is a injury history to consider, but how can everyone so deeply slash Love, but not do the same to Guice.

Situation
- The starting RB situation in front of Love is extremely shaky.
- Guice (while looking great on the field) can't seem to stay on the field.
- AP is AP, another yr older, another year slower. He is what he is.
- Chris Thompson is gone. The only other RB on the roster is Josh Ferguson...
- Riverboat Ron, and Scott Turner, just watched what McCaff can do under them - and Love is much closer to the McCaff type than Guice

Conclusion
Bryce Love was stuck behind CMC at Stanford for his first two yrs - and even still, he put up elite CFB numbers when used in those seasons. Then, in his only healthy season at Stanford, Love absolutely dominated and was voted the best RB in the country. The next yr he got hurt - stuff happens, but that talent didn't just disappear. Now he's going to battle with a 35 yr old AP, and a young/talented RB in Guice, but an RB that has missed 27 out of 32 games the past two seasons.

Buy/add Love for cheap - easily one of the best lotto tickets available.

*Even if Guice or AP is the starting RB at the begining of 2020, the chances they stay healthy or remain the starter are shaky at best, so at worst he's a great cuff with a high probability of future usage

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:18 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:09 am - There is a injury history to consider, but how can everyone so deeply slash Love, but not do the same to Guice.
they do with guice too.
you seem to consider guice's injuries worse than love's though.

that said, i acquired love in a trade in mid season as a guice insurance. that means adrian peterson is going to be the back to own. again.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:32 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:18 am
Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:09 am - There is a injury history to consider, but how can everyone so deeply slash Love, but not do the same to Guice.
they do with guice too.
you seem to consider guice's injuries worse than love's though.

that said, i acquired love in a trade in mid season as a guice insurance. that means adrian peterson is going to be the back to own. again.
you are correct.

I do consider Guice's injury history a bit more alarming than Love's, but they're basically equal on the injur-o-meter imo.

Also, Guice is still going for pretty high price tags in my leagues (but it might be league specific).

An owner in a league of mine, paid Dhop & Watson for Guice & 1.05 - that price tag compared to picking up Love off the ww, or getting him for a essentially a 3rd, is a massive difference for me. Your return on investment is just so much greater with Love.

Esp since, their per snap stats in CFB weren't that different - Love's may even be better efficiency wise (excluding Loves injured senior season).

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:44 am

I don't disagree that Love and even Guice are good buys, but it seems inevitable that Washington will bring in another RB. New Coach and offensive system, and the only signed backs are unproven due to injury.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:24 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:32 am An owner in a league of mine, paid Dhop & Watson for Guice & 1.05
I love Guice and even I think that's an incredibly bad deal. Holy cow.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:34 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:32 am you are correct.

I do consider Guice's injury history a bit more alarming than Love's, but they're basically equal on the injur-o-meter imo.

Also, Guice is still going for pretty high price tags in my leagues (but it might be league specific).

An owner in a league of mine, paid Dhop & Watson for Guice & 1.05 - that price tag compared to picking up Love off the ww, or getting him for a essentially a 3rd, is a massive difference for me. Your return on investment is just so much greater with Love.
that isn't the norm tho, trust me! but i see where you're coming from.

injury-wise though, i think it's a wash, i wouldn't cite guice's injuries to bang the love drum.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:34 pm

Love passed his physical coming into camp. Gibson's role will largely be the same IMO, maybe a few more added touches, but AP is the obvious short term winner here. I think this is the chance Love needed, now we will see if he can hang.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:57 pm

Love might be the starter when the dust settles.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:37 pm

There is no winner: Love is a smaller version of Guice who also can't get on the field, Gibson has almost no RB experience, and AP is ancient on one of the worst offenses in football.

WFT is a bottom-of-the-barrel franchise in every sense. Expect about zero wins this year.

Maybe that's what they should rename themselves - the Washington Zeros. :roll:
Last edited by DLF3000 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:46 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:37 pm There is no winner: Love is a smaller version of Guice who also can't get on the field, Gibson has almost no RB experience, and AP is ancient on one of the worst offenses in football.

WFT is a bottom-of-the-barrel franchise in every sense. Expect about zero wins this year.

Opportunity to emerge is there. My money is on the young bucks Gibson and Love. Both are incredibly electric RBs that can be relevant even with limited touches.

I lean Love a little because of his college production, but Gibson’s got all of the tools to be the next David Johnson

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:15 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:46 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:37 pm There is no winner: Love is a smaller version of Guice who also can't get on the field, Gibson has almost no RB experience, and AP is ancient on one of the worst offenses in football.

Opportunity to emerge is there. My money is on the young bucks Gibson and Love. Both are incredibly electric RBs that can be relevant even with limited touches.

I lean Love a little because of his college production, but Gibson’s got all of the tools to be the next David Johnson
Honest question. Not for you in particular, but when is the last guy to become a RB to that level in the NFL that was never a primary ball carrier at any stage of his career prior to the NFL?

He had 33 carries at Memphis, 43 at East Central Community College, and 126 in high school. No doubt he can be an explosive gadget COP type player, but what DJ did his first few years was off the charts.

Also, Gibson has been splitting time between WR and RB in camp, to my knowledge.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:05 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:15 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:46 pm

Honest question. Not for you in particular, but when is the last guy to become a RB to that level in the NFL that was never a primary ball carrier at any stage of his career prior to the NFL?

He had 33 carries at Memphis, 43 at East Central Community College, and 126 in high school. No doubt he can be an explosive gadget COP type player, but what DJ did his first few years was off the charts.

Also, Gibson has been splitting time between WR and RB in camp, to my knowledge.
Not that it should inspire any unbridled optimism re: Gibson, but Ty Montgomery springs to mind.

As far as Love goes, I just picked him up in the two leagues where he was available. Dropped Trayveon Williams for him on team 2 and Justice Hill on team 3.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0